Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Meanwhile, in New Jersey

As we reopen the state and most of the country...

They’ve reached 10,000 COVID deaths.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

The entire tri-state area is the worst in the nation. SO many people that live in NJ also work in the city, or in very populated areas. And even some in the city work in NJ believe that or not. The travel between NJ/NY/CT is like a big spider web and all 3 states are very active with folks bing banging around all 3 places.

I have family in Central, NJ, in the Edison area. Middlesex county to be exact, and while not the same as NYC, it's hit hard. Like 14k+ sick and nearly 900 dead. And while NY has been ordered to wear masks, they were behind our actions of course, and now getting better there.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better, there's little doubt of that. We all have to care about one another, care for one another, respect one another, and of course use PPE and do what ya gotta do until we can get a vaccine, which could be potentially years.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It’s def much more congested there.
    We are about 5 miles and a bridge ride away from NJ. And much closer than you to the about-to-be reopened beaches. And about half a mile from PA.

-Abbey

6. Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It’s def much more congested there.
    We are about 5 miles and a bridge ride away from NJ. And much closer than you to the about-to-be reopened beaches. And about half a mile from PA.
    Yups... and if Seaside and all other beaches were to fully open, including my favorite day trip to Sandy Hook - open or not I simply won't be there. Same as if a tattoo parlor opens, and suddenly offers 75% discounts. Very tempting for me!! But no can do, just not now. Between masks, gloves, bleeding and a few hours of touching.... just too many chances. His right to open and my right to protect myself.

And yep, I talk to my Dad twice a day in Florida lately, making sure he's taking things seriously and masking up and doing all that it takes to stay healthy and take care of himself and his wife. If everyone starts with numero uno, and respect others, I think we will do ok in the long run and the numbers will still be low overall.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yups... and if Seaside and all other beaches were to fully open, including my favorite day trip to Sandy Hook - open or not I simply won't be there. Same as if a tattoo parlor opens, and suddenly offers 75% discounts. Very tempting for me!! But no can do, just not now. Between masks, gloves, bleeding and a few hours of touching.... just too many chances. His right to open and my right to protect myself.

And yep, I talk to my Dad twice a day in Florida lately, making sure he's taking things seriously and masking up and doing all that it takes to stay healthy and take care of himself and his wife. If everyone starts with numero uno, and respect others, I think we will do ok in the long run and the numbers will still be low overall.

Any more talk of him moving to Delaware?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Any more talk of him moving to Delaware?
    No more unfortunately. Had plans, but then things fell through with one place he wanted, and seemed like he gave up after that. I really wish he did, as then I could get to see him in any 2-4 hour drive for example, as opposed to about a 28 hour (3 days for me) trip, or an expensive round trip.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No more unfortunately. Had plans, but then things fell through with one place he wanted, and seemed like he gave up after that. I really wish he did, as then I could get to see him in any 2-4 hour drive for example, as opposed to about a 28 hour (3 days for me) trip, or an expensive round trip.
    I think he's in a better place at his age. It is looking more and more like the beaches may be the safest place to be, if venturing out. Combination of air, sun, and Vit D.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We could have taken you to our favorite joints. Couldn’t compete with Alaska, of course!

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I find it interesting to read what's going on in the NE somewhere other than the MSM. They've re-opened some stuff here. In perspective, we have a total of 59 deaths in this county. So we haven't been anywhere near as wound up tight as y'all are.

I look at it this way. I was basically quarantined in the house from the time I got out of the hospital. I was at serious risk of reinfection for awhile. Then I got the babysitting gig so I really didn't go anywhere but the convenience store except once in a blue moon.

Now? All these people that want to go out? Luck. Have fun. I'm going to sit here and see if they drop dead or not. I STILL don't have anywhere to go but 7-11 (it's 1/2 mile from here). I see no reason to test my luck with all these volunteers doing it for me. I'm more than willing to learn from others' mistakes This is like being on deployment to me.

Biggest issue here is school. The assclown Superintendent of SAISD is determined he's filling classrooms in August. That puts my daughter and 2 granddaughters at risk, and of course there's the risk of them bringing it home. This Superintendent is the only one in SA pushing this, btw. The rest, and especially the teachers in SAISD are hoping for some intervention from higher up if things are still looking bad. That however is a wait in see.

If I still lived on the East Coast I think I'd forego the beach trips, and I love the beach.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Did anyone see this pic of Sea Isle City NJ? It’s from either today or yesterday. I guess I was right about how people won’t follow “guidelines”.

3EF3DCCD-2C9D-457A-B8E6-8059115E573F.jpeg

-Abbey

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Did anyone see this pic of Sea Isle City NJ? It’s from either today or yesterday. I guess I was right about how people won’t follow “guidelines”.

3EF3DCCD-2C9D-457A-B8E6-8059115E573F.jpeg
    That is just nuts. I love the beach. Just not THAT much.

I have come to the conclusion that the younger crowd just doesn't know how to stay home. People didn't have to be going somewhere or "out" all the time when I was growing up like they do now. Not to say I didn't learn how quickly and participate regularly , but I haven't forgotten way back when where going out was a rare treat. And it wasn't just my family. It was the way most everyone lived.

And honestly -- I'm sure @icansayit will verify, this "lockdown" ain't got crap on a deployment (especially pre-info/computer/cell phone age). Just imagine doing all this without a cell phone or internet.

What would make that pic GREAT is if they had the aerial view of all the sharks just offshore from the swimmers
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

20. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

What a bunch of loons. I wouldn't tolerate those crowds to go to the beach under the BEST of conditions.

I spent $25K refurbishing my swimming pool this year. Money well spent.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    What a bunch of loons. I wouldn't tolerate those crowds to go to the beach under the BEST of conditions.

I spent $25K refurbishing my swimming pool this year. Money well spent.
    So when's the pool party?

I'm picky about beaches. FL, Bahamas (Bimini), Bali, Thailand, S Padre Island ... my kind of beaches. NE US, CA, Turkey ... ain't getting in the water. The ones in Okinawa were okay but quite segregated. The ones us round-eyed folk were allowed to go were then segregated by rank, and in one instance, service.

The Air Force hates Marines and we weren't allowed to eat in their chow halls nor go to their beaches. Had to have an Air Force club card and you had to be stationed on Kadena to get an Air Force club card.

Virginia Beach was nice, but packed like a sardine can. Water's still too cold on a hot summer day in CA. We'd go to Lake Havasu or the Colorado River.

Here, you have to go to S Padre. Padre Island itself and north the water is still jacked up from years of oil spills. Or, the Comal or Frio rivers. Medina Lake was nice until it got taken over and trashed by the Hispandex.

Can you tell if there's a reasonably clean wet spot I'll get in it?

Just not now ...

If they reopen tubing on the Comal, they're asking for it but it is a BIG money-maker here. "Tubing on the River". Was nice back in the day. Now, it's over-regulated, and you can walk across the Comal on the tubes and not get your feet wet. I haven't gone in years. That's more of a college crowd, and the towns the river runs through have over-regulated it because of the behavior of the aforementioned brats who like to throw beer cans and other rubbish in the river and the yards where people live (duh ) along it. No more tubing and drinking.

The quarantine, even loosened up to just masks and social distancing will kill this city. It was a military town that got transformed into a tourist trap. So far they have shut down Fiesta and Cinco de Mayo. Seaworld and Six Flags and the River Walk. That ought to turn us back into a small city

24. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I know that can't be Pelosi....

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    She's not smart enough to take down her pants, and would rather SOIL herself to keep her Speakership from being spread any further.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

26. Thanks Black Diamond, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post