Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Default **Watch C8 Corvette Take On GT500 Mustang.............

"this video....they went with the stock models"

"COVID-19
    means we're all staying at home more than usual, but the desire to spin some tires doesn't quit when we're stuck inside. If your need for speed has grown more than it has receded recently, the folks at Hennessey would like to offer you some relief."

"The two cars sprint down the straightaway from a dead stop and then race again, this time starting at a 40-mph roll. We won't spoil what happens in the two-and-a-half-minute video"

"People can disagree, given how different the power trains and power levels are, with 495 horsepower in the C8 vs 760 hp in the Mustang. Is it a video for performance fans to enjoy while their own cars sit mostly idle in their driveway? People can agree."

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, icansayit, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Impressive. I didn't see the HP in each before watching... my money was on the Vette. Midrange/High, those ponies in the Cobra really started telling the story, though!

IMO, GM has by far the best traction control. I've tested the big brands in very slippery conditions and in deep snow, and it's GM hands down.

Sadly, Jeep/Dodge/Fiat are pretty much the worst when it comes to traction control.

Ford is mediocre, and that's probably why the Vette is quicker off the line.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

In s straight line my Hellcat would eat either alive.

On the track, not so much.

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    In s straight line my Hellcat would eat either alive.

On the track, not so much.

That would be a interesting race...

"Up next is the C8 Z51 vs. a 2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody sedan, once again both in stock form (and with 495 vs. 707 hp, respectively). As with the Mustang, the two vehicles here race against each other from a dig and then from a rolling start."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    That would be a interesting race...

"Up next is the C8 Z51 vs. a 2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody sedan, once again both in stock form (and with 495 vs. 707 hp, respectively). As with the Mustang, the two vehicles here race against each other from a dig and then from a rolling start."

Mine is an orange '19 Challenger Widebody . It has a few extra goodies and a new tune, dyno read 796 HP at full power when we had it tuned. I've taken it to the drag strip a few times. It's a legit 10.5 Second 1/4 mile. So nothing really crazy , but fast.

9. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mine is an orange '19 Challenger Widebody . It has a few extra goodies and a new tune, dyno read 796 HP at full power when we had it tuned. I've taken it to the drag strip a few times. It's a legit 10.5 Second 1/4 mile. So nothing really crazy , but fast.
    Stabb very good...`If so`...You have basically the Demon "set-up" with power and special "launch suspension"

Dodge explains that the 2018 Challenger SRT Demon will have new front and rear springs, new drag-tuned Bilstein active dampers and new front and rear sway bars. The front springs have a 35% lower rate while the rear spring rate drops to 28%.

The front sway bar of the Demon has a 75% lower rate and the rear bar is 44% softer when compared to the Hellcat Challenger, and when paired with the new springs and the new Bilstein dampers – this system should offer significantly better launch traction through ideal weight transfer.

These new components work with a new version of the Hellcat Challenger’s Drive Mode system, which now includes Drag Mode in the 2018 Challenger Demon. Drag Mode adjusts the front and rear dampers to allow the best weight transfer, while disabling traction control, but electronic stability control remains on to help with traction on launch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Stabb very good...`If so`...You have basically the Demon "set-up" with power and special "launch suspension"

Dodge explains that the 2018 Challenger SRT Demon will have new front and rear springs, new drag-tuned Bilstein active dampers and new front and rear sway bars. The front springs have a 35% lower rate while the rear spring rate drops to 28%.

The front sway bar of the Demon has a 75% lower rate and the rear bar is 44% softer when compared to the Hellcat Challenger, and when paired with the new springs and the new Bilstein dampers – this system should offer significantly better launch traction through ideal weight transfer.

These new components work with a new version of the Hellcat Challenger’s Drive Mode system, which now includes Drag Mode in the 2018 Challenger Demon. Drag Mode adjusts the front and rear dampers to allow the best weight transfer, while disabling traction control, but electronic stability control remains on to help with traction on launch.

Not a Demon, that was a one year car, 2018 I believe. This is a Redeye edition though. Essentially the same car as the Demon but not near as rare.

I wanted a Demon, but I wanted mine in Hemi orange and they never offered the Demon in that color , so I waited and then the Demon was gone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Not a Demon, that was a one year car, 2018 I believe. This is a Redeye edition though. Essentially the same car as the Demon but not near as rare.

I wanted a Demon, but I wanted mine in Hemi orange and they never offered the Demon in that color , so I waited and then the Demon was gone.
    I know what your car is "Redeye"....I liked the redeye alot...very close to a Demon....

Now my tastes have switched...Looking at leasing a "M" series BMW 4door sedan

2020 BMW M340i xDrive

"With 382 horsepower and all-wheel drive, the M340i xDrive turns the world into your personal proving ground."

HIGHS: Turbocharged inline-six is never caught sleeping, transmission tuning is sporty when you want it to be and invisible when you want to cruise, traction and launch-control acceleration will dry-gulch you.

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST)
    60 mph: 3.5 sec
    100 mph: 8.9 sec
    ¼-mile: 11.9 sec
    Top speed: 155 mph
    The M340i xDrive overachieved on our 75-mph highway fuel-economy test by averaging 33 mpg, three better than the EPA's rating.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 05-18-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I know what your car is "Redeye"....I liked the redeye alot...very close to a Demon....

Now my tastes have switched...Looking at leasing a "M" series BMW 4door sedan

2020 BMW M340i xDrive

"With 382 horsepower and all-wheel drive, the M340i xDrive turns the world into your personal proving ground."

HIGHS: Turbocharged inline-six is never caught sleeping, transmission tuning is sporty when you want it to be and invisible when you want to cruise, traction and launch-control acceleration will dry-gulch you.

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST)
    60 mph: 3.5 sec
    100 mph: 8.9 sec
    ¼-mile: 11.9 sec
    Top speed: 155 mph
    The M340i xDrive overachieved on our 75-mph highway fuel-economy test by averaging 33 mpg, three better than the EPA's rating.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/

The 3 series BMW may be the most perfect car ever built. No exxageration.

14. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post