Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default A Time For A Bit Of Grace

Came across this, pretty much says what I've been saying, just so much better:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...low-americans/

A Plea for Generosity
    By MICHAEL BRENDAN DOUGHERTY
    May 14, 2020 6:32 PM

Crucial to Protecting Our Environment

U.S.
    A Plea for Generosity
    By MICHAEL BRENDAN DOUGHERTY
    May 14, 2020 6:32 PM

Be charitable to your fellow Americans, because they’re just like you: trying to live the best they can while the coronavirus remains a threat.

If you judged by social media, you’d think that America in the coronavirus crisis had a pro-lockdown faction led by Dr. Anthony Fauci and a “let it rip” faction led by a handful of red-state governors and professional conservative saber-rattlers. This may be a useful narrative for people whose jobs thrive on controversy, myself included. It may even be helpful for organizing our thoughts on the virus. But mostly, it just isn’t true.

What is true is that people will feel themselves instinctively sympathetic to one message or another ringing out from these online camps, whether it’s, “I’m done with this” or, “The health of my spouse is more important than your haircut” or simply, “This is unsustainable.”

The public polling seems to show that a significant minority thinks our pandemic-control measures have gone too far, even as a significant majority supports continued efforts at social distancing. Capable public leadership and institutions can, through heroic effort, more or less harmonize those instincts. In East Asian countries, a public conditioned by the 2003 SARS outbreak met a proactive public-health response, allowing cities such as Seoul and Singapore to get to back to something resembling normal more quickly than their European and American counterparts. (The plight of Singapore’s foreign workers does slightly complicate this narrative, to be fair.) The worse or more laggardly the response, the more that “the economy” and “public health” seem like irreconcilable goals rather than two parts of the same puzzle.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

If anyone ever doubted that we are impossibly interconnected as humans, they should know better by now.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks Kathianne, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I disagree about it being a time for grace, it's time to start going after Democrats with everything we have.

just a a few examples , I'm sick of them accusing conservative men of sexually abusing women, as they are sexually abusing women.

I'm sick of them accusing conservatives of being criminals up to and including traitors as they are committing crimes, up to and including treason

I'm sick of them accusing conservatives of hating and ignoring science as they ignore science

How do we so such people grace? Someone answer me that.

6. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I disagree about it being a time for grace, it's time to start going after Democrats with everything we have.

just a a few examples , I'm sick of them accusing conservative men of sexually abusing women, as they are sexually abusing women.

I'm sick of them accusing conservatives of being criminals up to and including traitors as they are committing crimes, up to and including treason

I'm sick of them accusing conservatives of hating and ignoring science as they ignore science

I wasn't talking politics, I was talking about humanity. Oh well.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post

It does get old. It's like conservatives are supposed to sit back and take it while democrats are untouchable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Some illiterate people do not know the difference my friend.
    Obviously your comment was based on a view-a concept well beyond somebody 's level to read and understand.
    But hey, that is pretty much par for course as its past history shows so very, very well. --
    Some fake almost everything about themselves on the internet--including supposedly having even an average IQ. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Obviously your comment was based on a view-a concept well beyond somebody 's level to read and understand.
    But hey, that is pretty much par for course as its past history shows so very, very well. --
    Some fake almost everything about themselves on the internet--including supposedly having even an average IQ. --Tyr
    Other than my hearing, I’m so average!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Humanity gets exploited for political purposes. The opening post is an example of exploiting humanity for political purposes.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    You fucking pussy, if you're going to take shots at me at least have the balls to take me off ignore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Other than my hearing, I’m so average!
    He was obviously taking a shot at me, and you thanked him for it LOL

17. Likes Kathianne liked this post