Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default More On Masks-For Those Interested

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It was beyond obvious from day one to me that they worked. Hell, they said outright that they need them for those in the medical field. And if they don't stop a virus, then why do they use them? And even in quarantined rooms with no surgery of any kind, just basic interaction. And they remain healthy if wearing a proper mask. Studies have shown that they work. I guess they don't matter when you can just lie? And it's nothing new, folks have been making various grade masks for a long time. From n95 on up, n99 and n100, and standards apply around the world and countries will have their own standards. And of course all places are free to wear under the n95 as well, regular masks of all kind to protect others when you may cough or sneeze and such.

I have the regular surgical masks. I have a few bandanas already. Got lucky with a few n95 masks over time. I have a load of kn95 now, which is China's version. gb2626 which is another European version going around. Then a mix of both of them with breathing valves.

I got lucky last night and hoping the ebay find is legit!! It's another New York guy selling a few n99 masks he has! They are also European and you can't get them in the US, until now anyway. All looks and sounds good, but the seller is fairly new. But does have feedback from some other sellers and buyers, so..

These are made by "Nexera" and it's their "Spectra Shield 9900". As we know, the n95 blocks out 95% or up down to .034 micron level. The same here but 99%.

They come in 24 packs, but he's got them broken up for a larger profit of course.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It was beyond obvious from day one to me that they worked. Hell, they said outright that they need them for those in the medical field. And if they don't stop a virus, then why do they use them? And even in quarantined rooms with no surgery of any kind, just basic interaction. And they remain healthy if wearing a proper mask. Studies have shown that they work. I guess they don't matter when you can just lie? And it's nothing new, folks have been making various grade masks for a long time. From n95 on up, n99 and n100, and standards apply around the world and countries will have their own standards. And of course all places are free to wear under the n95 as well, regular masks of all kind to protect others when you may cough or sneeze and such.

I have the regular surgical masks. I have a few bandanas already. Got lucky with a few n95 masks over time. I have a load of kn95 now, which is China's version. gb2626 which is another European version going around. Then a mix of both of them with breathing valves.

I got lucky last night and hoping the ebay find is legit!! It's another New York guy selling a few n99 masks he has! They are also European and you can't get them in the US, until now anyway. All looks and sounds good, but the seller is fairly new. But does have feedback from some other sellers and buyers, so..

These are made by "Nexera" and it's their "Spectra Shield 9900". As we know, the n95 blocks out 95% or up down to .034 micron level. The same here but 99%.

They come in 24 packs, but he's got them broken up for a larger profit of course.

I was gonna start a thread on this in the conspiracy section

If masks don't work, next time you need surgery, tell your surgeon he or she doesn't need to wear one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It was always obvious to me that a mask makes sense. And I’ve worn one the few times I’ve gone to a park or store. The folks that told us not to wear them should be ashamed.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    It was always obvious to me that a mask makes sense. And I’ve worn one the few times I’ve gone to a park or store. The folks that told us not to wear them should be ashamed.
    Conspiracy theories are out there that say they are dangerous and/or don't work. Brings up the question of when to use censorship.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Looking back on the masks is kinda crazy. Some were convinced they are useless - because they were simply being told as much. Our US surgeon general lead the charge here at first, stating outright "STOP BUYING MASKS" in all caps. And in the very same breath/tweet, he goes on to state that if the medical community cannot get them that it would put them and our communities at risk. Huh?

Then just a few short days later he goes on the news and states that we shouldn't be going out and buying masks, that they are not proven effective (while they were), and we could potentially increase the spread by wearing them.

And then finishes with this gem:

You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a healthcare provider.

So, if I am NOT a doctor or work in healthcare, wearing one will increase my risk. And if I am one of them, it will magically work for me? That's going back to the 'we're too stupid to wear them". And I assure you, you don't need to go to medical school to learn how to put a mask on.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Looking back on the masks is kinda crazy. Some were convinced they are useless - because they were simply being told as much. Our US surgeon general lead the charge here at first, stating outright "STOP BUYING MASKS" in all caps. And in the very same breath/tweet, he goes on to state that if the medical community cannot get them that it would put them and our communities at risk. Huh?

Then just a few short days later he goes on the news and states that we shouldn't be going out and buying masks, that they are not proven effective (while they were), and we could potentially increase the spread by wearing them.

You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a healthcare provider.

So, if I am NOT a doctor or work in healthcare, wearing one will increase my risk. And if I am one of them, it will magically work for me? That's going back to the 'we're too stupid to wear them". And I assure you, you don't need to go to medical school to learn how to put a mask on.
    Yikes. I thought it was all on the fringe.

12. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Masks work for what they are designed for. They will not help anything though, unless there is something that needs to be filtered out. Wearing a mask when it is not needed is stupid and makes it look like Fauci and the commies own you. If you buy them to use when they are not actually needed, those who really do need them won't be able to get them.
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-19-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Masks work great for the people who wear them professionally because they have a legitimate reason to wear them. I've worn masks at work for decades, and I promise they really do work great. Masks can also be worn by those who have decided to "surrender or submit" to the ugliest political beast the left has ever had control of, to demonstrate their allegiance to it. Either way, mask work great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Masks work for what they are designed for. They will not help anything though, unless there is something that needs to be filtered out. Wearing a mask when it is not needed is stupid and makes it look like Fauci and the commies own you. If you buy them to use when they are not actually needed, those who really do need them won't be able to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Masks work great for the people who wear them professionally because they have a legitimate reason to wear them. I've worn masks at work for decades, and I promise they really do work great. Masks can also be worn by those who have decided to "surrender or submit" to the ugliest political beast the left has ever had control of, to demonstrate their allegiance to it. Either way, mask work great.
    Yes, the do work great.

I also concur if you're running around in a mask for no reason, you look kind of dumb.

We have to wear them here or we can be fined. I'm all about telling Big Brother to shove his stuff up his back side. Unless what we're being told makes sense. Then I have to choose: do I want to be obstinate at the risk of my and my family's health? Or can I choose another battle I might win?

This one looks like a lose- lose deal. I stand the risk of disease/death and or being fined. Filling Big Brother's piggy bank is not my idea of a win.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

18. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post