Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Cuomo Blames CDC and Trump for the Thousands of Nursing Home Deaths in His State

Cuomo himself stated that Trump did fine by him and the state of NY and answered all requests and blah blah blah. No one else made this same directive. Slowly but surely the info comes out and now some want to hold him accountable for the sizable amount of deaths within nursing homes in NY - but now he shifts blame and blames the CDC and Trump. Unbelievable POS.

--

Here We Go: NY Governor Cuomo Blames CDC and Trump for the Thousands of Nursing Home Deaths in His State

What a disaster! The actions of New York’s governor Andrew Cuomo have led to thousands of coronavirus deaths in the state.

A memo dated March 25, 2020, ordered state officials to move coronavirus patients to nursing homes.

It was New York state policy to put the sick patients back in the nursing home.

This order has since been removed from the New York State Department of Health website.

More people died in nursing homes in New York, due to Governor Cuomo’s policies, than died on 9/11.
    This is such a huge scandal that Governor Cuomo is now blaming this disaster on the CDC and President Trump.

Cuomo made the remarks yesterday during his press conference.

WMD reported:

During his coronavirus news briefing Wednesday, Cuomo claimed he came up with the policy that nursing homes cannot refuse seniors who test positive for the novel coronavirus based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That explanation came in response to a question about “a call for a federal probe into how the state handled the nursing home situation,” in particular Cuomo’s March 25 order requiring homes to take in COVID-19 patients from hospitals.

“Look, this is a political season. I get it. I have refrained from politics,” Cuomo said; if there was laughter in the room, it was inaudible in the video.

“Anyone who wants to ask why did the state do that with COVID patients in nursing home, it’s because the state followed President Trump’s CDC guidance,” the governor said. “So they should ask President Trump. I think that will stop the conversation.”

When asked whether he was “fudging the numbers” when it comes to nursing home deaths — one accusation we’ve heard, considering 1,700 deaths in nursing homes went unreported in the state — Cuomo went back to blaming the CDC.

“Your first point, why did the state do that? Because the state followed President Trump’s CDC’s guidance. OK. That’s that answer? No numbers were changed,” he said.

A reporter from The New York Times (!) then brought up a good point: If these were Trump’s guidelines and if Cuomo has consistently demonstrated a willingness to stand up to the administration when its guidance has been in error, why didn’t he stand up to it this time?
    It is interesting that other governors did not push similar rules in their state.

We are waiting for a response from the CDC.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-deaths-state/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Joyful HoneyBee, Gunny, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes Joyful HoneyBee, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default But, other states did endanger nursing home patients...

Jimmy, thanks for presenting this! I think Cuomo should be arrested and charged for this criminal debacle, but I suspect he never will. However, NJ, PA, and, MI all went down the same treacherous path as NY. The governors in any and all states who allowed elderly patients to be endangered by their inane policies should all be criminally charged.

MI COVID NURSING HOME ORDER.jpg

PA COVID NURSING HOME ORDER.jpg
    Great minds think for themselves

4. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

And of course the MSM lapped it up and parroted the thought.

Never mind the obvious , Florida.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    Jimmy, thanks for presenting this! I think Cuomo should be arrested and charged for this criminal debacle, but I suspect he never will. However, NJ, PA, and, MI all went down the same treacherous path as NY. The governors in any and all states who allowed elderly patients to be endangered by their inane policies should all be criminally charged.

MI COVID NURSING HOME ORDER.jpg

PA COVID NURSING HOME ORDER.jpg
    Just what I was thinking. Shouldn't there be some investigations called for? I mean had a Republican Governor jacked up as bad as Cuomo, the Dems would be screeching in unison so loud they'd be heard on the space station.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke