Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Speaking of Dropping Social Distancing

Cowboys Dance Hall was open last night here in San Antonio. Granted, we haven't been hit hard by the kung flu, but that could change. I am quite sure I am not the only one who has been to a country dance hall ( fir those who haven't, it's a night club with cowboy hats and boots). This one even has a live rodeo and it's two stories. Meaning: HUGE. It is THE country bar/dance hall to go to here and for miles around. Been there a time or 20 or so

The place was packed. Meaning if the parking lot was packed, the inside was a sardine can. Let's just drop the pretense of social distancing. That's NOT how the dance floor operates. Everybody's favorite country tune (or George Strait) comes on and it's elbow to elbow two-stepping.

That's just asking for it, IMO. I'm cautious but not really overly so but then there's THIS. I can't even imagine going.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Cowboys Dance Hall was open last night here in San Antonio. Granted, we haven't been hit hard by the kung flu, but that could change. I am quite sure I am not the only one who has been to a country dance hall ( fir those who haven't, it's a night club with cowboy hats and boots). This one even has a live rodeo and it's two stories. Meaning: HUGE. It is THE country bar/dance hall to go to here and for miles around. Been there a time or 20 or so

The place was packed. Meaning if the parking lot was packed, the inside was a sardine can. Let's just drop the pretense of social distancing. That's NOT how the dance floor operates. Everybody's favorite country tune (or George Strait) comes on and it's elbow to elbow two-stepping.

That's just asking for it, IMO. I'm cautious but not really overly so but then there's THIS. I can't even imagine going.
    Indeed. I don't get it, do people not understand viruses? Add on the 'extremely communicable' and commonsense should come into play.

It's like religious services, I understand that with precautions, there can be a 'reopening.' Granted they've been treated so wrong. Can't have outdoor, in car, services? But can have drive in movies? Seriously?

However, if opened and folks are going to be swaying, clapping hands, etc., there will be problems if close together. More conservative services will run into problems if people don't social distance, are singing, etc. Masks should be worn, but it seems like a lot of the people that are justifiably calling for reopening are the same ones that are saying the masks are unnecessary. There was a choir practice in Washington, just before the news of virus broke. At least 2 died. Then there were the religious services in Paris and South Korea, one led to a global breakout due to being a major meeting, the other led to several deaths, hundreds infected.

Outdoors seems best, communal agreement to keep 6-10' distance with non-household members. Masks worn and use of commonsense and caring.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill