Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
We have zero choice here in NY or you get a ticket or arrested. I didn't make the rules, laws or mandates. But I started with the mask long before that. And I recall when the mandate announcements started happening, I was fully prepared and locked and loaded already - because of my OWN due diligence.

And if it's OK for contractors and so many other workers in fields that need them, to protect them from all kinds of hazardous materials - then my life is just as important to protect.

I've heard from far too many about how various folks NEED them because they magically work for them - but we puny citizens with rights, well we're just too stupid to do so. No thank you, I know quite well how to shave and wear one and check the seal properly, and ensure the seal throughout and to be aware for forms of wear and tear or other reasons to discard one.
HOnestly, I think I covered all this before our newest contributor decided to make a major issue of it.

I DON'T like the government telling me what to do. I've often wondered how I made it 21 years in the Corps. However, if what the government is telling me to do makes sense or I was going to do it on my own anyway, that would NOT be the point where I decide to make my stand against the US Government and its do-nothing, kindergarten politics.

And when someone else's life could be on the line and I have no play in that someone's game? I sure as Hell don't want the responsibility for telling them what to do and killing them. Been down THAT road and it ain't nice.

Besides @jimnyc, if I was going to get all mask gung ho then I'd have to find out what kind you have so I could get a better one and wave it at you