Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Bzzzzzz, wrong again.

I couldn't care less what the leftist MSM has to say about wearing or not wearing masks. I don't believe shit from them. I certainly don't get my medical advice from politicians either. Nor any propaganda is involved in such a decision.
    Thank you for your response Jimnyc. You responded to a discussion I began with Sassy in post 86 that is meant to be civilized discussion. I sense a subjective resentment of me in your reply, which I do not mind at all, but if you are interested in civilized and objective discussion, I welcome your input. On that note, I'd like to ask where exactly your masker position comes from, if it is not based upon political news and propaganda?

Why is it difficult to understand that folks all have their own rights on what to do?
    I actually do understand that people have a right to wear masks, underwear, or whatever they want on their faces when walking about in society. I served my country to defend this freedom. I dont like to see people desecrate the flag or kneel for the national anthem, but I realize that people have the right to do things that I disagree with. I do not know why on earth you thought that I do not understand that people have the right to do things I dont like, and I do not even know why rights even got brought into the discussion, but I assure you that I understand our rights.

And that some know that certain masks will reduce the chances of breathing in the virus immensely? I think it's common sense that since we know masks will block the virus for the most part, and that chances of getting the virus are reduced by wearing one, that folks will wear it as common sense protection.
    What we do know for sure is that masks absolutely do not filter out what is not there, and we do know that masks that are approved and designed to filter specific stuff out of the air that we breathe CAN work if they are used correctly AND the specific stuff is present. This information is factual and correct. Where it gets political is when the term "masks work", is used without the appropriate context to go with it. The perception that one is in an environment that really is contaminated with dangerous hazmat that needs to be filtered is based upon what news, information, or propaganda one consumes, which is why I assert that our choice to wear a mask or not is based upon political news and propaganda.

To make a mask some form of political decision is dumb, IMO.
    This is where we agree. Unfortunately though, I believe we are right on this. It becomes a political decision when we base it upon what we have learned from political news and propaganda. What else do we have?

And then imagine some elderly folks or some folks with compromised immune systems, being told that wearing a mask won't help them and they shouldn't listen to the propaganda.
    Being elderly or having a compromised immune system is not relevant to the facts about how masks work. Nobody should be arbitrarily telling them, with no regard or understanding of the missing context, that masks do or don't help them. As far as the propaganda goes, I would assert that everybody should read or watch as much of it as possible, but do not trust or believe any of it. It is the primary source of information, so it should be used as a tool to search for the truth. Again, it is not the actual truth, it is a tool that can and should be used to search for the truth.

The mask cannot work for them when there is nothing there for it to block, correct?
    Correct. Close enough.

I don't think it's wise to discourage others from wearing one if they so choose.
    It may or may not be wise to this, I do not know. I discourage people from wearing masks, but I do this for political reasons. I oppose the agenda of the Dems, the MSM, communist China, and lefties, and I know that they are all exploiting covid 19 to further their agenda that I oppose so strongly. I know they are pushing social distancing, mask wearing, lockdowns, while they attack my rights, so I resist and fight. That is my political agenda with masks and all things covid. My research shows that the crazy shit they are pushing because of covid 19 is not consistent with other comparable flu years in at least a hundred years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Thank you for your response Jimnyc. You responded to a discussion I began with Sassy in post 86 that is meant to be civilized discussion. I sense a subjective resentment of me in your reply, which I do not mind at all, but if you are interested in civilized and objective discussion, I welcome your input. On that note, I'd like to ask where exactly your masker position comes from, if it is not based upon political news and propaganda?
    Resentment? Nah, don't even know you. IF YOUR READ what I have written several times, I stated that I wear a mask due to my own due diligence. I listen to doctors, not politicians or political doctors & certainly not the MSM. Not sure why the repetitive questions.

I actually do understand that people have a right to wear masks, underwear, or whatever they want on their faces when walking about in society. I served my country to defend this freedom. I dont like to see people desecrate the flag or kneel for the national anthem, but I realize that people have the right to do things that I disagree with. I do not know why on earth you thought that I do not understand that people have the right to do things I dont like, and I do not even know why rights even got brought into the discussion, but I assure you that I understand our rights.
    Folks wear masks and likely for a variety of reasons. Folks ARE getting sick out there. Can you point me to stores and hospitals and doctors offices that are 100% guaranteed to be virus free? We both know that's not possible. And in some areas that risk may be lower with smaller populations and less infections. But in places like NYC, and so many enclosed areas, and the numbers of infections skyrocketing, the chances of getting this virus are much higher. Me and/or my family wearing masks for a few minutes per day, lowers are chances of getting this virus dramatically. That's simply a fact. If I have an n95 mask on, it IS a fact, that whether a virus is believed to be somewhere or not, the chances of me getting infected are a shitload lower. Common sense tells me that a few minutes of wearing one is worth doing as opposed to what may happen if I did breathe it in.

What we do know for sure is that masks absolutely do not filter out what is not there, and we do know that masks that are approved and designed to filter specific stuff out of the air that we breathe CAN work if they are used correctly AND the specific stuff is present. This information is factual and correct. Where it gets political is when the term "masks work", is used without the appropriate context to go with it. The perception that one is in an environment that really is contaminated with dangerous hazmat that needs to be filtered is based upon what news, information, or propaganda one consumes, which is why I assert that our choice to wear a mask or not is based upon political news and propaganda.
    It doesn't filter what is not there or is there is ONLY helpful if one knows the answer. And since none of us do, wearing one reduces chances. And if no virus where the mask is worn, nothing is lost in the slightest bit.

This is where we agree. Unfortunately though, I believe we are right on this. It becomes a political decision when we base it upon what we have learned from political news and propaganda. What else do we have?
    Again, not sure how many times I need to say I don't wear a mask based on propaganda. Not unless you call years and years of studies on n95,n99, n100, p100.... they work. I don't ever ever ever even watch news on the television, not one station, not even Fox. I do the internet and read everything and find the truth for myself. So I don't do the propaganda thing. Sorry if that disappoints that I made a decision based on facts.

Being elderly or having a compromised immune system is not relevant to the facts about how masks work. Nobody should be arbitrarily telling them, with no regard or understanding of the missing context, that masks do or don't help them. As far as the propaganda goes, I would assert that everybody should read or watch as much of it as possible, but do not trust or believe any of it. It is the primary source of information, so it should be used as a tool to search for the truth. Again, it is not the actual truth, it is a tool that can and should be used to search for the truth.
    The certified medical masks approved by NIOSH and the CDC work. There's no debate about this. You can scream propaganda and everything else, but it's a fact that they work. Now I can't prove there is a virus in places I go, and you can't prove it's virus free. But a mask lessens that chance in a massive manner whether it is or not. You can fight the facts all you want, and twist words and omit words and try every angle imaginable - the result is the same.

Correct. Close enough.

It may or may not be wise to this, I do not know. I discourage people from wearing masks, but I do this for political reasons. I oppose the agenda of the Dems, the MSM, communist China, and lefties, and I know that they are all exploiting covid 19 to further their agenda that I oppose so strongly. I know they are pushing social distancing, mask wearing, lockdowns, while they attack my rights, so I resist and fight. That is my political agenda with masks and all things covid. My research shows that the crazy shit they are pushing because of covid 19 is not consistent with other comparable flu years in at least a hundred years.
    Well there you have it. You do so for political reasons, as if it's a left right thing and one is a lefty or commie if they wear one. Check my posting history - I want facts and demand them. Even right leaning sources that I love - I wouldn't use them if their stories didn't contain factual information.

You said you are a contractor and you use masks for your job. WHO told you this? Your company? From experience? From your training? Why don't YOU go without them? Likely because of the effects and/or damage that may happen if you don't wear one.

And what if I should go to a medical facility because I broke my arm. We know that hundreds have died of this virus at this sole hospital within the past week. We know that is where folks infected are being directed to go. But no one knows for sure, it's invisible. But TO ME, it sounds like the odds just increased, so I would definitely wear an n95 there. But according to you - since I can't see it, and knowing that they are 100% useless if nothing is there - then I should do without and never mind the odds of lowering my chances by wearing one. Nah, I'll wear one. You're more than free not to.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock