Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I backed off the commie rhetoric back there in post 60, although it felt strange to self censor my true political thoughts for the benefit of a group of righties who are offended by commie rhetoric. I see that you are now asking me if I labeled you a commie, and I'd love to give you an answer. If you quote what exactly I said that made you wonder if I labeled you as a commie, I am confident that I can clear it up.
    For a guy that likes to dabble in semantics you sure let THAT rhetorical question zoom right over. I can clear it right up for you -- you did not call me directly a commie. Not your style. The inference is there. So's the humor in it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I am sorry that you and I have come to this point. I am doing what I can to reestablish that I respect the majority of this community, including self censoring my commie rhetoric for awhile, but I certainly cannot be forced to do much more self censoring of my genuine political thoughts out of fear of being black balled by the community. You and I as righties simply do not function like that. I would hope that you would not be interested in discouraging a fellow righty from expressing his genuine political opinion.

If you are going to take kathianne's side of our spat without actually vetting it, then you and I may have less in common than I thought. I get that you and many others are intolerant of my genuine political opinion that the current mask culture is supporting commie culture, and that many of you interpret this as meaning that I am calling mask culture members commies, but the fact here is that I have NEVER called anybody on this site a lefty or a commie. In fact, I have repetitively complimented most members as a group and individually. Right here on this thread too.
    Shall we play YOUR game? Where is it that I have directed you to self-censor or told you what you can and cannot say for that matter? I believe I have told you at least once, if not more you are free to do as you please. followed by suggestions? Sound about right?

Everyone sees your inferences for what they are, so don't with that one. Just as everyone sees your condescension with a smile and a pat on the back for what it is. Did you think you walked into a bowl of cherries? You're not the first at this game, nor the best. Just another.

I've already solved your mask issue for you. You've spent how many threads and pages on you"mask culture" when, IIFC, I pointed out that to my knowledge no one here that wears a mask has the option of choice. That would render your arguments moot.

And yes, if you thought you were going to come on here and make my decisions for me then you got me all wrong. I don't need ANYONE telling me what to do, including YOU. I think for myself and if we disagree you'll just have to get over it because I don't give a shit one way or the other.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evmetro View Post
    most maskers really do wear them because of what medical and scientific authorities recommend,
    agree

but can we agree that the political media that delivers what these authorities have to say can and will cherry pick which of them is quoted, and that the media can and will cherry pick what exactly they quote from them?
    agree

can we agree that the msm can and will assemble whatever narrative they want using real quotes scientific and medical professionals?
    agree
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've already solved your mask issue for you. You've spent how many threads and pages on you"mask culture" when, IIFC, I pointed out that to my knowledge no one here that wears a mask has the option of choice. That would render your arguments moot.
    We have zero choice here in NY or you get a ticket or arrested. I didn't make the rules, laws or mandates. But I started with the mask long before that. And I recall when the mandate announcements started happening, I was fully prepared and locked and loaded already - because of my OWN due diligence.

And if it's OK for contractors and so many other workers in fields that need them, to protect them from all kinds of hazardous materials - then my life is just as important to protect.

I've heard from far too many about how various folks NEED them because they magically work for them - but we puny citizens with rights, well we're just too stupid to do so. No thank you, I know quite well how to shave and wear one and check the seal properly, and ensure the seal throughout and to be aware for forms of wear and tear or other reasons to discard one.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    We have zero choice here in NY or you get a ticket or arrested. I didn't make the rules, laws or mandates. But I started with the mask long before that. And I recall when the mandate announcements started happening, I was fully prepared and locked and loaded already - because of my OWN due diligence.

And if it's OK for contractors and so many other workers in fields that need them, to protect them from all kinds of hazardous materials - then my life is just as important to protect.

I've heard from far too many about how various folks NEED them because they magically work for them - but we puny citizens with rights, well we're just too stupid to do so. No thank you, I know quite well how to shave and wear one and check the seal properly, and ensure the seal throughout and to be aware for forms of wear and tear or other reasons to discard one.
    HOnestly, I think I covered all this before our newest contributor decided to make a major issue of it.

I DON'T like the government telling me what to do. I've often wondered how I made it 21 years in the Corps. However, if what the government is telling me to do makes sense or I was going to do it on my own anyway, that would NOT be the point where I decide to make my stand against the US Government and its do-nothing, kindergarten politics.

And when someone else's life could be on the line and I have no play in that someone's game? I sure as Hell don't want the responsibility for telling them what to do and killing them. Been down THAT road and it ain't nice.

Besides @jimnyc, if I was going to get all mask gung ho then I'd have to find out what kind you have so I could get a better one and wave it at you
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have a new mask. It’s turquoise with sea turtles on it. It’s cute and non-threatening. I like it.

And @Gunny , the turtles are all swimming in the same direction, so I’m happy with that.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Besides @jimnyc, if I was going to get all mask gung ho then I'd have to find out what kind you have so I could get a better one and wave it at you
    I have a few of the better N95, but I'm thrilled with these N998 masks! Not only better filtration, but 10x more comfortable wearing than others I have used. I love 'em. But still wouldn't want to wear for longer than I need to.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I have a new mask. It’s turquoise with sea turtles on it. It’s cute and non-threatening. I like it.

And @Gunny , the turtles are all swimming in the same direction, so I’m happy with that.
    Turtles are ok, sloths are better! LOL! Anything, as long as it's not fish!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Turtles are ok, sloths are better! LOL! Anything, as long as it's not fish!

-Abbey

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have a few of the better N95, but I'm thrilled with these N998 masks! Not only better filtration, but 10x more comfortable wearing than others I have used. I love 'em. But still wouldn't want to wear for longer than I need to.

Where can I find those? The mask I wore yesterday (plain with a filter I put inside) was making me claustrophobic.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

As they should be. Adrift Turtles just wouldn't do :}

17. Likes icansayit, Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default People are simply going further out into the space of Pure Nuts...

A bra for a mask? How bout a Jock Strap?

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

As they should be. Adrift Turtles just wouldn't do :}

-Abbey

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Bzzzzzz, wrong again.

I couldn't care less what the leftist MSM has to say about wearing or not wearing masks. I don't believe shit from them. I certainly don't get my medical advice from politicians either. Nor any propaganda is involved in such a decision.
    Thank you for your response Jimnyc. You responded to a discussion I began with Sassy in post 86 that is meant to be civilized discussion. I sense a subjective resentment of me in your reply, which I do not mind at all, but if you are interested in civilized and objective discussion, I welcome your input. On that note, I'd like to ask where exactly your masker position comes from, if it is not based upon political news and propaganda?

Why is it difficult to understand that folks all have their own rights on what to do?
    I actually do understand that people have a right to wear masks, underwear, or whatever they want on their faces when walking about in society. I served my country to defend this freedom. I dont like to see people desecrate the flag or kneel for the national anthem, but I realize that people have the right to do things that I disagree with. I do not know why on earth you thought that I do not understand that people have the right to do things I dont like, and I do not even know why rights even got brought into the discussion, but I assure you that I understand our rights.

And that some know that certain masks will reduce the chances of breathing in the virus immensely? I think it's common sense that since we know masks will block the virus for the most part, and that chances of getting the virus are reduced by wearing one, that folks will wear it as common sense protection.
    What we do know for sure is that masks absolutely do not filter out what is not there, and we do know that masks that are approved and designed to filter specific stuff out of the air that we breathe CAN work if they are used correctly AND the specific stuff is present. This information is factual and correct. Where it gets political is when the term "masks work", is used without the appropriate context to go with it. The perception that one is in an environment that really is contaminated with dangerous hazmat that needs to be filtered is based upon what news, information, or propaganda one consumes, which is why I assert that our choice to wear a mask or not is based upon political news and propaganda.

To make a mask some form of political decision is dumb, IMO.
    This is where we agree. Unfortunately though, I believe we are right on this. It becomes a political decision when we base it upon what we have learned from political news and propaganda. What else do we have?

And then imagine some elderly folks or some folks with compromised immune systems, being told that wearing a mask won't help them and they shouldn't listen to the propaganda.
    Being elderly or having a compromised immune system is not relevant to the facts about how masks work. Nobody should be arbitrarily telling them, with no regard or understanding of the missing context, that masks do or don't help them. As far as the propaganda goes, I would assert that everybody should read or watch as much of it as possible, but do not trust or believe any of it. It is the primary source of information, so it should be used as a tool to search for the truth. Again, it is not the actual truth, it is a tool that can and should be used to search for the truth.

The mask cannot work for them when there is nothing there for it to block, correct?
    Correct. Close enough.

I don't think it's wise to discourage others from wearing one if they so choose.
    It may or may not be wise to this, I do not know. I discourage people from wearing masks, but I do this for political reasons. I oppose the agenda of the Dems, the MSM, communist China, and lefties, and I know that they are all exploiting covid 19 to further their agenda that I oppose so strongly. I know they are pushing social distancing, mask wearing, lockdowns, while they attack my rights, so I resist and fight. That is my political agenda with masks and all things covid. My research shows that the crazy shit they are pushing because of covid 19 is not consistent with other comparable flu years in at least a hundred years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    and some wear them because they've noticed that many countries that have lower infections have long worn masks during viral outbreaks: South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand...
    Kathianne, this is a very small community, and we will never be able to avoid seeing each other on various threads. I do not ever use the ignore function on any forum, let alone a small one like this site. I have clearly defined and quoted for you exactly what I perceive as a blatant character attack from you, and I am disgusted with you because of this. I am not very good at holding grudges, and I can see that it isn't realistic to avoid you like I avoid certain people on bigger forums, so I am flushing the entire thing and moving on.

On that note, I'd like to ask about the these people who "wear them because they've noticed that many countries that have lower infections have long worn masks during viral outbreaks: South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand". How do you suppose they came to notice this? It sure sounds like typical political media propaganda to me, which would mean that they only noticed this after the media put it in front of them. I suppose an older traveler who has been around for all these viral outbreaks could have witnessed all of them in each country, but there probably aren't many of those people around. What are your thoughts?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

-Abbey

24. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post