Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default What happens if you wear a mask for toooooooo long

As in this idiot wore one for 45 minutes and determined they are the end of the world. She states this is her first time wearing one. And she's wearing a breathable surgical mask no less. She's full of shit. And yet nurses and others wear the n95 style which you actually breathe less, and do so for 12 hour shifts.

She claims she had a lack of oxygen and didn't feel well. She got disoriented. She is 'mad', which is likely the reason for her issue here, and not any health reason.

She is simply not getting enough oxygen.

And then stupidity about holding other peoples babies??

Of course now going viral as another "Karen"

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Jim, you're a very compassionate person, like Bill Clinton, you feel her pain.

I get winded wearing a face mask, so I prefer to not wear them, not unless it's a bank robbery.

3. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Obviously a joke, but nonetheless, stupid. And I don't care HOW long they had them on, it's still disgusting. I know if I put my underwear on over my, ummm, junk... no way, even if for 10 seconds, do they then end up near my mouth and nose!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As in this idiot wore one for 45 minutes and determined they are the end of the world. She states this is her first time wearing one. And she's wearing a breathable surgical mask no less. She's full of shit. And yet nurses and others wear the n95 style which you actually breathe less, and do so for 12 hour shifts.

She claims she had a lack of oxygen and didn't feel well. She got disoriented. She is 'mad', which is likely the reason for her issue here, and not any health reason.

45 minutes is too long to wear a mask when there is nothing that needs to be filtered out of the air.

I have no problem wearing n95 or p100 for hours at a time at work were I need a mask to filter out bad things. After wearing a mask at work for hours at a time, I certainly won't wear one outside of work were there is nothing that needs to be filtered out of the air. Any time wearing a mask when there is no need for it is too long.

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default This nation, and the World is full of this kind of people. They are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    45 minutes is too long to wear a mask when there is nothing that needs to be filtered out of the air.

I have no problem wearing n95 or p100 for hours at a time at work were I need a mask to filter out bad things. After wearing a mask at work for hours at a time, I certainly won't wear one outside of work were there is nothing that needs to be filtered out of the air. Any time wearing a mask when there is no need for it is too long.
    She's probably the same kind of person who wonders what the 710 cap is under the hood of her car too! (turn the 710 around and see how it spells something important).

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If you feel compelled to wear a mask when you don't actually need one, get one that filters out large insects and gravel.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020...-share-theirs/

EYuDJ6uUcAAVVLg (1).jpeg
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-24-2020 at 12:07 AM.

9. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Masks work and should be worn in certain situations of the "unknown". Perhaps it may have been useless for a few minutes in the grocery store, and it also may have prevented me from breathing in the virus. I'll go with ensuring I don't breath it in for that few minutes.

I see places opening around the nation. That's a GREAT thing. But far too many not respecting the social distancing. If in your yard, have at it. But if in a public place, restaurant, beach, gathering... then it should be adhered to or respected for others.

Some places WILL see some sicknesses out there due to reopening, and then refusing to use common sense precautions.

Disagreeing with wearing one is cool, just do so at your own risk. And folks should respect others trying to stay away from others to an extent. And outside very few conditions, wearing a mask for a short amount of time, whether a virus present or not, is not harmful.

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Masks work and should be worn in certain situations of the "unknown". Perhaps it may have been useless for a few minutes in the grocery store, and it also may have prevented me from breathing in the virus. I'll go with ensuring I don't breath it in for that few minutes.
    Masks only work if there is something for them to work on. For the lefties who have put a saddle and reins on the Covid political beast, righties wearing masks out of fear is a jackpot.

I see places opening around the nation. That's a GREAT thing. But far too many not respecting the social distancing. If in your yard, have at it. But if in a public place, restaurant, beach, gathering... then it should be adhered to or respected for others.
    What does social distancing do, and is there any scientific research to back whatever this is up?

Some places WILL see some sicknesses out there due to reopening, and then refusing to use common sense precautions.
    I am anxious to see the world go back to using common sense precautions again.

Disagreeing with wearing one is cool, just do so at your own risk. And folks should respect others trying to stay away from others to an extent. And outside very few conditions, wearing a mask for a short amount of time, whether a virus present or not, is not harmful.
    What is important to remember here is that masks only work when there is something to filter out. Something of a bigger micron size than the opening in the mask fabric too, but that is a different topic. Wearing masks out of fear for short periods may not be all that harmful for the mask wearer, but this behavior IS INDEED harmful to those who need these mask for a legitimate reason. When victims of fear mongering go around wearing masks that actually work, it makes it hard for those who need them for a legitimate reason to get them.

The other harm that comes from wearing a mask around town where it is not needed is that it gives lefties the inch they need to convert it to a mile. "Surrendering or submitting" to the fear mongering of those who have placed the saddle on the covid political beast is a direct threat to our freedom and rights. My age puts me in a higher risk group, but I have lived a long and happy life. I know though, that if we don't defeat this covid political beast, we are going to be counted as covid deaths anyway when our time comes. Might as well live free or die, right?
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-24-2020 at 01:43 PM.

13. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Masks only work if there is something for them to work on. For the lefties who have put a saddle and reins on the Covid political beast, righties wearing masks out of fear is a jackpot.
    Tis true, can't work if the virus isn't there. But one cannot be sure that it's not there, or someone else not showing symptoms yet is sharing it. I don't wear one like a psycho 24x7, but for a few minutes in the grocery store, CVS or other internal areas where folks can easier share it. Most days no mask at all, and some days 15 minutes to an hour, depending on where I go.

What does social distancing do, and is there any scientific research to back whatever this is up?
    If someone has the virus, and I don't interact with them, then they can't give it to me. I'm not locked at home but I can still minimize chances. There is always that outside shot that I am the one to get it and not know it for a week, and I don't want to get others sick. So just a few precautions is all.

I am anxious to see the world go back to using common sense precautions again.

What is important to remember here is that masks only work when there is something to filter out. Something of a bigger micron size than the opening in the mask fabric too, but that is a different topic. Wearing masks out of fear for short periods may not be all that harmful for the mask wearer, but this behavior IS INDEED harmful to those who need these mask for a legitimate reason. When victims of fear mongering go around wearing masks that actually work, it makes it hard for those who need them for a legitimate reason to get them.

The other harm that comes from wearing a mask around town where it is not needed is that it gives lefties the inch they need to convert it to a mile. "Surrendering or submitting" to the fear mongering of those who have placed the saddle on the covid political beast is a direct threat to our freedom and rights. My age puts me in a higher risk group, but I have lived a long and happy life. I know though, that if we don't defeat this covid political beast, we are going to be counted as covid deaths anyway when our time comes. Might as well live free or die, right?
    The virus range is usually between .06 and .12 micron. The masks that one should use, are blocking from .03 microns, and smaller for a few. And yep, useless if it's not blocking something, but unfortunately there's really no way to know for sure.

I won't forego lifesaving protection so that another can have it, not unless that's a loved one or friend. That's not to say that I am heartless about medical workers, but there has to be a more reasonable answer than the public simply can't have them. Since the government is who failed here in many ways, I think they should buy them in mass amounts and do whatever necessary to provide for the medical community.

And trust me, at the same time, I fully recognize the left and MSM running on fear tactics. But their is a virus that can be lethal out there. They just stick to the negative and deaths and make it harsher, and avoid any positive news like the plague. I know their objective. Put together, no doubt they want negativity, death and chaos until November and Trump out of office blamed for everything. But I think I can battle those idiots while protecting myself for now. Part of me DOES want to walk into places or lefties and tell them to stick their masks and attempts at all the little pieces of freedom they want to take or make us more needy on the government for anything. But at the same time, at least for a little while longer, I don't want to take any chances on dying from this thing either. Lots of folks dropping around my area.

15. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

real mask? Like an M17A1 Field Protective mask? (I know it's been replaced). You can get a pretty bad rash. Lenses can fog up and your peripheral vision sucks.

These little wannabe masks are just annoying. I ditched mine and went back to the bandana.

This bonehead is just a drama queen looking for a cause and place to happen
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

real mask? Like an M17A1 Field Protective mask? (I know it's been replaced). You can get a pretty bad rash. Lenses can fog up and your peripheral vision sucks.

These little wannabe masks are just annoying. I ditched mine and went back to the bandana.

This bonehead is just a drama queen looking for a cause and place to happen
    She's starring in a movie next year: attack of the karens
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 05-24-2020 at 02:55 PM.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Tis true, can't work if the virus isn't there. But one cannot be sure that it's not there, or someone else not showing symptoms yet is sharing it. I don't wear one like a psycho 24x7, but for a few minutes in the grocery store, CVS or other internal areas where folks can easier share it. Most days no mask at all, and some days 15 minutes to an hour, depending on where I go.

If someone has the virus, and I don't interact with them, then they can't give it to me. I'm not locked at home but I can still minimize chances. There is always that outside shot that I am the one to get it and not know it for a week, and I don't want to get others sick. So just a few precautions is all.

The virus range is usually between .06 and .12 micron. The masks that one should use, are blocking from .03 microns, and smaller for a few. And yep, useless if it's not blocking something, but unfortunately there's really no way to know for sure.

I won't forego lifesaving protection so that another can have it, not unless that's a loved one or friend. That's not to say that I am heartless about medical workers, but there has to be a more reasonable answer than the public simply can't have them. Since the government is who failed here in many ways, I think they should buy them in mass amounts and do whatever necessary to provide for the medical community.

And trust me, at the same time, I fully recognize the left and MSM running on fear tactics. But their is a virus that can be lethal out there. They just stick to the negative and deaths and make it harsher, and avoid any positive news like the plague. I know their objective. Put together, no doubt they want negativity, death and chaos until November and Trump out of office blamed for everything. But I think I can battle those idiots while protecting myself for now. Part of me DOES want to walk into places or lefties and tell them to stick their masks and attempts at all the little pieces of freedom they want to take or make us more needy on the government for anything. But at the same time, at least for a little while longer, I don't want to take any chances on dying from this thing either. Lots of folks dropping around my area.
    My heart goes out to you. I see incredible numbers of conservatives being taken POW by the covid political monster. I have seen many prisoners of this political war wandering around supermarkets wearing masks, and I know they aren't all commies. We are on the same side, so I wish I could give you a helping hand. All I can do is boldly charge this political monster head on, no mask, no respect for anything related to covid. I've lived a long happy life, and I will continue to "live free or die."

20. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

My heart goes out to you. I see incredible numbers of conservatives being taken POW by the covid political monster. I have seen many prisoners of this political war wandering around supermarkets wearing masks, and I know they aren't all commies. We are on the same side, so I wish I could give you a helping hand. All I can do is boldly charge this political monster head on, no mask, no respect for anything related to covid. I've lived a long happy life, and I will continue to "live free or die."
    you should hang out with Drummond.

22. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

@jimnyc please continue to be vigilant. Better to be safe.

24. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    She's starring in a movie next year: attack of the karens
    I just looked at the pic of her with her mask on. I wonder if she considered that knitted by grandma, wool yarn mask might be the problem? That shit makes ME itch, and It's got enough holes in it to allow mosquitoes in so what's the point to it?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke