Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I have been remiss in my response, leaving out one factor that renders this entire issue moot. Show of hands. WHO, in this conversation/on this board is wearing face coverings by choice? Sassylady and kathianne maybe? I'm not. It's a civil offense to go out in public/to the store without one with a $5k fine here. And I KNOW I would be the MFer they'd decide to set an example with

I learned to pick my fights more wisely than a $5k fine for the 3 whole minutes it takes to wear a bandana into the store for smokes n Cokes.
    I'm not sure what I'd do if it were 'mandated' by the government. Seriously unsure. I'm applying my knowledge of science via virus spread. It doesn't take a genius. AZ is sort of in the middle regarding per capita death rate. Lower where I live than the avg here, but then again it appears the older people are utilizing the masks, and senior hours. I'd guess that many are using pick up or delivery with groceries and such.

Reopened restaurants seem to differ in crowds in parking lots, chains doing better than locally owned. My hypothesis on that would be less educated frequent chains, those that think a bit try to buy local, even for a few dollars more. The locals seem to be doing good pick up business, though that doesn't help those furloughed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As in this idiot wore one for 45 minutes and determined they are the end of the world. She states this is her first time wearing one. And she's wearing a breathable surgical mask no less. She's full of shit. And yet nurses and others wear the n95 style which you actually breathe less, and do so for 12 hour shifts.

She claims she had a lack of oxygen and didn't feel well. She got disoriented. She is 'mad', which is likely the reason for her issue here, and not any health reason.

She is simply not getting enough oxygen.

And then stupidity about holding other peoples babies??

Of course now going viral as another "Karen"

Bitch , wear a MOPP suit for 12 hours straight because some lunatic might rain Sarin down on you while you're just trying to man a post at some meaningless military outpost in the middle of the desert.

We never did get attacked with Sarin, so I guess by a couple posters here reckoning that means we were fools for wearing the protective gear.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Bitch , wear a MOPP suit for 12 hours straight because some lunatic might rain Sarin down on you while you're just trying to man a post at some meaningless military outpost in the middle of the desert.

We never did get attacked with Sarin, so I guess by a couple posters here reckoning that means we were fools for wearing the protective gear.

I know Gunny and every other Desert Storm era vet read that and shuddered at the memory of those damn suits.

Air Farce veterans need not apply.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm not sure what I'd do if it were 'mandated' by the government. Seriously unsure. I'm applying my knowledge of science via virus spread. It doesn't take a genius. AZ is sort of in the middle regarding per capita death rate. Lower where I live than the avg here, but then again it appears the older people are utilizing the masks, and senior hours. I'd guess that many are using pick up or delivery with groceries and such.

Reopened restaurants seem to differ in crowds in parking lots, chains doing better than locally owned. My hypothesis on that would be less educated frequent chains, those that think a bit try to buy local, even for a few dollars more. The locals seem to be doing good pick up business, though that doesn't help those furloughed.
    It's mandated by our Mayor. And that's okay. Not like he was the first or invented the idea.

If it gets down the chain of government to Mayor level, IMO it got to the right level of government and it's hard to bitch. I will caveat that with our mayor is a Dem, but he's actually not a bad guy nor stupid. We're no longer locked down after the AG ruled it unconstitutional last week, but here in SA at least people are still wearing masks.

I honestly can't recall saying anything to anyone nor them me about wearing or not wearing a mask. The vibe I get is it's your decision. I know the official line last I looked is they are mandatory to go out in public like a store.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks STTAB, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It's mandated by our Mayor. And that's okay. Not like he was the first or invented the idea.

If it gets down the chain of government to Mayor level, IMO it got to the right level of government and it's hard to bitch. I will caveat that with our mayor is a Dem, but he's actually not a bad guy nor stupid. We're no longer locked down after the AG ruled it unconstitutional last week, but here in SA at least people are still wearing masks.

I honestly can't recall saying anything to anyone nor them me about wearing or not wearing a mask. The vibe I get is it's your decision. I know the official line last I looked is they are mandatory to go out in public like a store.

My county has NINE cases total, so I don't really feel the need to wear a mask around town, but plenty of folks do , and meh it's their face. Why would I care? I get what the poster is saying, but carry it overboard much? It's entirely possible to be a conservative AND still feel like wearing a face mask is a good idea. Hell , I could REALLY blow his mind and tell him about some die hard liberals I know who have not and will not wear face masks.

This idiotic notion that masks are related to political ideology is well idiotic.

9. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have the issue of the government telling me what I can or cannot wear. I get a business or my boss saying, "You will comply with the rules or find somewhere else to shop/work." I understand that school boards can restrict first amendment rights of students. I just have an issue with adults.

Then again, I'm pretty much a believer in Darwinian choices and responsibilities, so I'd likely go along if I agreed. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I have the issue of the government telling me what I can or cannot wear. I get a business or my boss saying, "You will comply with the rules or find somewhere else to shop/work." I understand that school boards can restrict first amendment rights of students. I just have an issue with adults.

Then again, I'm pretty much a believer in Darwinian choices and responsibilities, so I'd likely go along if I agreed. LOL!

Just to play devil's advocate, many of the alleged adults in this country are actually just giant children. They act like children, and in fact when it suits them they want to be treated like children, so...............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just to play devil's advocate, many of the alleged adults in this country are actually just giant children. They act like children, and in fact when it suits them they want to be treated like children, so...............
    So, I say let them make their choices, more for me! Sad, but true.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

My county has NINE cases total, so I don't really feel the need to wear a mask around town, but plenty of folks do , and meh it's their face. Why would I care? I get what the poster is saying, but carry it overboard much? It's entirely possible to be a conservative AND still feel like wearing a face mask is a good idea. Hell , I could REALLY blow his mind and tell him about some die hard liberals I know who have not and will not wear face masks.

This idiotic notion that masks are related to political ideology is well idiotic.
    Well, it's not just me at least. I don't have much problem with a lot of what he is saying until he gets to the part where he's taking passive-aggressive personal shots at people for choosing other than he has. I still am a firm believer in no one knows what to do, government or otherwise, and people should be allowed to choose based on their individual situations and needs.

Off the top of my head, we have 4 people in New England, 3 of them in NY/NJ. All of one member's kids and grandkids are in Chicago. One member lives in Vegas which I understand has been hit kinda hard? I'm not going to tell them what to do. Up to date here in San Antonio (reported) we have 2,449 cases and 69 deaths in Bexar County. I do not presume to tell people who have more deaths than we have total cases what-all they ought to be doing.

I feel some are doing a public service covering their faces anyway
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I have a STRONG dislike for authority. I REALLY hate being the authority with my grandkids. I don't get to be "Grandpa". Telling ME what to do is like as not to get you just the opposite what you want.

If, "whoever" wants to wear a mask, or put a Cross on their lawn (those have cropped up in the 'hood here) of drive little cars that will fit in the back of my truck, I could care less.

Insofar as the topic goes, I agree somewhat with evmetro's concerns. I just don't agree with focusing on the mask to point them out.

The elephant in the room is the coronavirus. It's still out there.

17. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

As I have mentioned in other threads I wear my mask when it is mandated by establishment or where social distancing isn't possible. Have been out to eat a few times and have not been concerned because tables and waiting area are socially distanced.

Walking around grocery store I wear mask due to narrow aisles. In Home Depot, Lowes or at nursery I don't wear mask.

For me it is situational awareness and my comfort level and others' comfort level.

I do, however, have plenty of wipes and I wipe down pretty much everything.

BTW ... I was really sick in January so had anti body test last week. Tested negative so I've not had virus yet. Was hoping I had it already so I could give plasma to help.

As for wearing mask too long ... had to wear at doctors appointment. Wore for 2 hours and it was uncomfortable and I'm glad I'm not working anymore. It would be hard to wear all day.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have a STRONG dislike for authority. I REALLY hate being the authority with my grandkids. I don't get to be "Grandpa". Telling ME what to do is like as not to get you just the opposite what you want.

If, "whoever" wants to wear a mask, or put a Cross on their lawn (those have cropped up in the 'hood here) of drive little cars that will fit in the back of my truck, I could care less.

Insofar as the topic goes, I agree somewhat with evmetro's concerns. I just don't agree with focusing on the mask to point them out.

The elephant in the room is the coronavirus. It's still out there.
    Perhaps it is not nice for me to focus the spotlight upon mask wearers, but my attitude comes from watching righties sit back and do nothing as the msm and dems fire relentless attacks on us. I cannot find where mask wearers are wearing masks for any reason that is not rooted in political propaganda, so I will probably keep hammering away at those who wear the flag of my enemy. My focusing of the spotlight on those I perceive as supporting the enemy side of this political war is provoking some very interesting attacks. My commie radar is usually pretty sensitive and accurate, and it is detecting commie pings from a few of the "righties" on this site. Have you noticed this too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As in this idiot wore one for 45 minutes and determined they are the end of the world. She states this is her first time wearing one. And she's wearing a breathable surgical mask no less. She's full of shit. And yet nurses and others wear the n95 style which you actually breathe less, and do so for 12 hour shifts.

She claims she had a lack of oxygen and didn't feel well. She got disoriented. She is 'mad', which is likely the reason for her issue here, and not any health reason.

She is simply not getting enough oxygen.

And then stupidity about holding other peoples babies??

Of course now going viral as another "Karen"

Some women make me embarrassed for my gender.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

22. Likes SassyLady, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Perhaps it is not nice for me to focus the spotlight upon mask wearers, but my attitude comes from watching righties sit back and do nothing as the msm and dems fire relentless attacks on us. I cannot find where mask wearers are wearing masks for any reason that is not rooted in political propaganda, so I will probably keep hammering away at those who wear the flag of my enemy. My focusing of the spotlight on those I perceive as supporting the enemy side of this political war is provoking some very interesting attacks. My commie radar is usually pretty sensitive and accurate, and it is detecting commie pings from a few of the "righties" on this site. Have you noticed this too?
    My "double agent" radar is pinging a lot recently. Feels like we've been invaded by a leftie posing as a rightie to sow dissent. And that agent is really good at inference, name calling and virtue signaling which is pretty much leftist tactics.

Have you noticed that as well?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

24. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    My "double agent" radar is pinging a lot recently. Feels like we've been invaded by a leftie posing as a rightie to sow dissent. And that agent is really good at inference, name calling and virtue signaling which is pretty much leftist tactics.

Have you noticed that as well?
    The thing about righties is that we were all born as little commies who screamed for a tit or bottle for survival. We were socialized and civilized to western civilization and eventually became righties, but we all can remember how commies think. Lefties on the other hand, have never been righties. This means that righties can think like righties, AND we can think like lefties. Lefties are limited to thinking lefty thoughts, righties are not. I really can be a double agent if I want, but only loyal to the right.