Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The commie stuff is just lame.

But all the sudden word games and commie names and twisting of this and prove where I said that stuff - I'm seeing as more someone playing a game of sorts. Someone with little desire to discuss facts but will claim otherwise.

Someone is playing games, or is a child. Either way, like I give a crap when the commie and nazi stuff gets broken out.

And I doubt much of the mask complaining, and if I'm wrong, I'm glad that someone who holds himself up as such now has to pay more thanks to folks like me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I don't see a political agenda behind this info.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...d-of-face-mask

To understand why face masks might work, it is important to look at how the virus that causes Covid-19 spreads in the first place.
    Once it has infected someone, the Sars-CoV-2 virus responsible for the disease hijacks their cells to replicate itself. As it multiplies, these new virus particles then burst out of the cells and become suspended in the bodily fluids in our lungs, mouth and nose. When an infected person coughs, they can send showers of tiny droplets – known as aerosols – filled with the virus into the air.
    A single cough can produce up to 3,000 droplets. There are fears the virus can also be spread simply through speaking. One recent study showed that we spray thousands of droplets invisible to the naked eye into the air just by uttering the words “stay healthy”.
    Once out of our mouths, many of the larger droplets will quickly settle onto nearby surfaces while smaller ones remain suspended in the air for hours, where they can be breathed in. While the behaviour of the virus-filled droplets in rooms with air conditioning and outside environments are less well understood, they are thought to settle on surfaces more quickly in disturbed air. There are also some reports that the coronavirus can spread through ventilation systems in buildings.
    However, the only way I can agree it's political is if a law was enacted to wear them. Before that I would say it's a choice and just because someone chooses to wear it they are not making a political statement.

I'm pretty sure people are not asking themselves .... "uh, which political party wants us to wear mask today" before they wear it. And, more importantly, it's OK to be scared regardless of your political persuasion.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks OAK thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie, OAK liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    So sayeth the Sergeant Major's ex-wife

I honestly laugh at his "commie" crap. Me, a commie Can get some swampland in West Texas for anyone that believes THAT
    I refer you to post 60 for where I stand from here forward. I am shocked that you would feel labeled by my commie rhetoric, but I will stick to post 60 for now. If this community has remained small and unchanged for a long time, it may be interesting to shake things up a bit with some new stuff. Maybe not though, it may be that the same handful of people are destined for the status quo that it was before the newbie came crashing in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Lots of good feedback from many great people. The dog piling does not clarify or change my position, and I would much prefer to be schooled via stronger arguments, stronger logic and better posts.

If somebody can post something solid about how the current mask culture is not based on political propaganda, it would be far more powerful than a bunch of people dog piling me with emotionally based resentment for my commie rhetoric. I assure this community that I will put every effort into being truly objective if somebody can post how the mask culture is not based on the political agenda of my political enemies. I'll even post my logic chain as I put any posts up to objective questions.

My position is that all covid roads, including the current mask culture, lead back to the political agenda of political enemies ranging from the msm all the way to communist China. Post something that helps me understand how I am wrong, and I will keep my commie spotlight turned off for awhile.

Yeah, we should all do your bidding, fill your commands, or we're commies, etc. Meanwhile you have nothing objective to prove your position, of which there really isn't anything but, 'It's commies against the true long time, legitimate mask wearers, aka ME'. No thanks, not playing.

So much like Drummond. . .

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny, OAK thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, jimnyc, OAK liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    [COLOR=#444444][FONT=ReithSerif]I don't see a political agenda behind this info.

However, the only way I can agree it's political is if a law was enacted to wear them. Before that I would say it's a choice and just because someone chooses to wear it they are not making a political statement.

I'm pretty sure people are not asking themselves .... "uh, which political party wants us to wear mask today" before they wear it. And, more importantly, it's OK to be scared regardless of your political persuasion.
    I am interested in pursuing this objectively, so I need to be asking questions that support both agendas. I see that the article title is why we should all be wearing face masks, and it is being presented by a source of political propaganda, so i immediately suspect that the intent of the article is to convince me that I should be wearing a mask. Let me read on though...

Looks like lots of good information about how viruses are spread, and how to protect myself.

I think I need some help being objective on this one. Can you give me some questions I should be asking that would help me see that this political propaganda source is not presenting me with a case of why I should be wearing a mask? I think this info was available when other flu things were happening, so why are they pushing the mask now?

I'm not going to draw any conclusions on this yet, I want to try and see this from another perspective. I'll study it some more...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I am interested in pursuing this objectively, so I need to be asking questions that support both agendas. I see that the article title is why we should all be wearing face masks, and it is being presented by a source of political propaganda, so i immediately suspect that the intent of the article is to convince me that I should be wearing a mask. Let me read on though...

Looks like lots of good information about how viruses are spread, and how to protect myself.

I think I need some help being objective on this one. Can you give me some questions I should be asking that would help me see that this political propaganda source is not presenting me with a case of why I should be wearing a mask? I think this info was available when other flu things were happening, so why are they pushing the mask now?

I'm not going to draw any conclusions on this yet, I want to try and see this from another perspective. I'll study it some more...
    Is there any news source that isn't tainted with political propaganda?

See this as your source and not the BBC.

Chris Kenyon, head of the sexually transmitted diseases unit at The Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp,
    Or this person as a source

Ben Cowling, head of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of Hong Kong.
    Both are quoted in article.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 05-27-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ok, I almost went to track this down, is it for real? LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Ok, I almost went to track this down, is it for real? LOL!
    It's a new one to me. BBC Future

We believe in truth, facts, and science. We take the time to think. And we don't accept — we ask why.
    I
    In a complex, fast-paced world of soundbites, knee-jerk opinions and information overload, BBC Future provides something different: a home for slowing down, delving deep and shifting perspectives.
    You’ll find stories here on almost every topic that matters. Psychology. Food. Climate change. Health. Social trends. Technology.
    What links them all is our approach. Through evidence-based analysis, original thinking, and powerful storytelling, we shine a light on the hidden ways that the world is changing – and provide solutions for how to navigate it. Energised by the everyday, we think no topic is too small to be fascinating. Inspired by obstacles, we believe no subject is too overwhelming to tackle.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...iably-curious/

12. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yeah, we should all do your bidding, fill your commands, or we're commies, etc. Meanwhile you have nothing objective to prove your position, of which there really isn't anything but, 'It's commies against the true long time, legitimate mask wearers, aka ME'. No thanks, not playing.

Yes. I would love to have seen the back and forth. Pages and pages.

14. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Or this person as a source

Both are quoted in article.
    No matter how many credible experts are quoted, the source of this political propaganda appears to be wanting to convince me why everyone should be wearing masks as the title suggests, even though they did not try to convince everybody to wear masks for previous bad flu years.

I feel like my responses to the article still look too subjective, so if you have any way to point me toward some more information that supports the notion that the source is not really political agenda, I am interested.

In the interest of being objective, you may have a point that ALL news sources are tainted by politics which would mean that I have a strawman position. If this is true though, it would also mean that I am correct about how everyone who participates in the mask culture is doing so because of political propaganda. I stated right in my introduction thread that I do not trust ANY media, regardless of its bias.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You and I have a special relationship, now that you launched a personal attack on my character that you cannot substantiate, post 21of this thread:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...-Nazi-Nonsense
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-27-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

All I know is that I steered away from foreign today and bought some good 'ol fashioned made in America n95 masks. Hoping to take a few from the contractors out there using them before hospitals.

Maybe raise the price a few pennies too!

Actually, was yet another day taking care of numero uno and uno's family, and respecting the rights of others to make their own best decisions. Whouda thunk of such crazy stuff?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Likes Evmetro, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Interpret as you will, as should be obvious now, you brought your own character into question with your demands, name calling, and 'truth by Ev'...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    All I know is that I steered away from foreign today and bought some good 'ol fashioned made in America n95 masks. Hoping to take a few from the contractors out there using them before hospitals.

Maybe raise the price a few pennies too!

Actually, was yet another day taking care of numero uno and uno's family, and respecting the rights of others to make their own best decisions. Whouda thunk of such crazy stuff?
    Lol, this board needs you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Interpret as you will, as should be obvious now, you brought your own character into question with your demands, name calling, and 'truth by Ev'...
    You will NEVER be able to substantiate your attack. NEVER. There will always be "some" reason why you won't substantiate your personal attack on my character.