Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

and cities that fared better and worse.

Hey Ev, before you write MSM, check the sources of the article, prove untrue.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...19/3085405001/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    and cities that fared better and worse.

Hey Ev, before you write MSM, check the sources of the article, prove untrue.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...19/3085405001/
    Kathianne, what you have posted here is what sassy and I already agree on, and what I just posted about to jimnyc. I am trying to establish that all of us have a perception of mask culture that is based upon political media propaganda, so what you just posted is really making my point. Let me show you what I just asked you about in post 104:
    On that note, I'd like to ask about the these people who "wear them because they've noticed that many countries that have lower infections have long worn masks during viral outbreaks: South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand". How do you suppose they came to notice this? It sure sounds like typical political media propaganda to me, which would mean that they only noticed this after the media put it in front of them. I suppose an older traveler who has been around for all these viral outbreaks could have witnessed all of them in each country, but there probably aren't many of those people around. What are your thoughts?
    With all due respect, your post completely evaded what I asked, but it still demonstrates one of the points that i am trying to establish. What you posted about 1918 was a piece of political propaganda that promotes social distancing and was fed to society in may 2020. I'm not really sure why your response to post 104 does not reflect that you did read and understand it, but at least what you posted can be used as an example of politically motivated propaganda.

The random piece of political propaganda does something very interesting when it is used as a response to the what I asked you in post 104. Since it was posted instead of a reply that demonstrates that you even read and understood what I asked, it takes the discussion in a whole new direction, while you complely evade having to answer a question that many members here want to resist. I realize that what I asked is inconvenient and uncomfortable for many members here who oppose me, but I am not attacking anybody here. Just civilized discussion. Can you respond to that post 104?

Btw, I carefully read what you posted, and I did see that you asked me about the sources used for that piece of political propaganda. Please check out the posts that lead up to post 92, and take a close look at the third item in post 92.
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-29-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    agree

agree

agree
    Sassy, I know I left you hanging here on post 92, but I'll be back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    We have zero choice here in NY or you get a ticket or arrested. ...
    I don't want to get too far from the political propaganda point that I am trying to establish, but I realize I have not addressed the point that you made here about no choice. On that note, I'd like to ask you to imagine the eerie sound of an air raid siren going off for a moment. Mayors and governors who are drunk on power right now are telling you that you must comply with their totalitarian orders? Zero choice? Forget our unique perceptions of the pandemic dangers for a moment and think about what exactly "no choice" really means. My fellow righty, please keep your eyes open for ANY chance to completely destroy anything that stands in the way of our freedom. If they can take away your choice to NOT wear a mask, they can certainly take away your choice to wear one too. It is an emergency that we put a spectacular end to whatever is standing in the way of choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Thank you for your response Jimnyc. You responded to a discussion I began with Sassy in post 86 that is meant to be civilized discussion. I sense a subjective resentment of me in your reply, which I do not mind at all, but if you are interested in civilized and objective discussion, I welcome your input. On that note, I'd like to ask where exactly your masker position comes from, if it is not based upon political news and propaganda?
    Resentment? Nah, don't even know you. IF YOUR READ what I have written several times, I stated that I wear a mask due to my own due diligence. I listen to doctors, not politicians or political doctors & certainly not the MSM. Not sure why the repetitive questions.

I actually do understand that people have a right to wear masks, underwear, or whatever they want on their faces when walking about in society. I served my country to defend this freedom. I dont like to see people desecrate the flag or kneel for the national anthem, but I realize that people have the right to do things that I disagree with. I do not know why on earth you thought that I do not understand that people have the right to do things I dont like, and I do not even know why rights even got brought into the discussion, but I assure you that I understand our rights.
    Folks wear masks and likely for a variety of reasons. Folks ARE getting sick out there. Can you point me to stores and hospitals and doctors offices that are 100% guaranteed to be virus free? We both know that's not possible. And in some areas that risk may be lower with smaller populations and less infections. But in places like NYC, and so many enclosed areas, and the numbers of infections skyrocketing, the chances of getting this virus are much higher. Me and/or my family wearing masks for a few minutes per day, lowers are chances of getting this virus dramatically. That's simply a fact. If I have an n95 mask on, it IS a fact, that whether a virus is believed to be somewhere or not, the chances of me getting infected are a shitload lower. Common sense tells me that a few minutes of wearing one is worth doing as opposed to what may happen if I did breathe it in.

What we do know for sure is that masks absolutely do not filter out what is not there, and we do know that masks that are approved and designed to filter specific stuff out of the air that we breathe CAN work if they are used correctly AND the specific stuff is present. This information is factual and correct. Where it gets political is when the term "masks work", is used without the appropriate context to go with it. The perception that one is in an environment that really is contaminated with dangerous hazmat that needs to be filtered is based upon what news, information, or propaganda one consumes, which is why I assert that our choice to wear a mask or not is based upon political news and propaganda.
    It doesn't filter what is not there or is there is ONLY helpful if one knows the answer. And since none of us do, wearing one reduces chances. And if no virus where the mask is worn, nothing is lost in the slightest bit.

This is where we agree. Unfortunately though, I believe we are right on this. It becomes a political decision when we base it upon what we have learned from political news and propaganda. What else do we have?
    Again, not sure how many times I need to say I don't wear a mask based on propaganda. Not unless you call years and years of studies on n95,n99, n100, p100.... they work. I don't ever ever ever even watch news on the television, not one station, not even Fox. I do the internet and read everything and find the truth for myself. So I don't do the propaganda thing. Sorry if that disappoints that I made a decision based on facts.

Being elderly or having a compromised immune system is not relevant to the facts about how masks work. Nobody should be arbitrarily telling them, with no regard or understanding of the missing context, that masks do or don't help them. As far as the propaganda goes, I would assert that everybody should read or watch as much of it as possible, but do not trust or believe any of it. It is the primary source of information, so it should be used as a tool to search for the truth. Again, it is not the actual truth, it is a tool that can and should be used to search for the truth.
    The certified medical masks approved by NIOSH and the CDC work. There's no debate about this. You can scream propaganda and everything else, but it's a fact that they work. Now I can't prove there is a virus in places I go, and you can't prove it's virus free. But a mask lessens that chance in a massive manner whether it is or not. You can fight the facts all you want, and twist words and omit words and try every angle imaginable - the result is the same.

Correct. Close enough.

It may or may not be wise to this, I do not know. I discourage people from wearing masks, but I do this for political reasons. I oppose the agenda of the Dems, the MSM, communist China, and lefties, and I know that they are all exploiting covid 19 to further their agenda that I oppose so strongly. I know they are pushing social distancing, mask wearing, lockdowns, while they attack my rights, so I resist and fight. That is my political agenda with masks and all things covid. My research shows that the crazy shit they are pushing because of covid 19 is not consistent with other comparable flu years in at least a hundred years.
    Well there you have it. You do so for political reasons, as if it's a left right thing and one is a lefty or commie if they wear one. Check my posting history - I want facts and demand them. Even right leaning sources that I love - I wouldn't use them if their stories didn't contain factual information.

You said you are a contractor and you use masks for your job. WHO told you this? Your company? From experience? From your training? Why don't YOU go without them? Likely because of the effects and/or damage that may happen if you don't wear one.

And what if I should go to a medical facility because I broke my arm. We know that hundreds have died of this virus at this sole hospital within the past week. We know that is where folks infected are being directed to go. But no one knows for sure, it's invisible. But TO ME, it sounds like the odds just increased, so I would definitely wear an n95 there. But according to you - since I can't see it, and knowing that they are 100% useless if nothing is there - then I should do without and never mind the odds of lowering my chances by wearing one. Nah, I'll wear one. You're more than free not to.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't want to get too far from the political propaganda point that I am trying to establish, but I realize I have not addressed the point that you made here about no choice. On that note, I'd like to ask you to imagine the eerie sound of an air raid siren going off for a moment. Mayors and governors who are drunk on power right now are telling you that you must comply with their totalitarian orders? Zero choice? Forget our unique perceptions of the pandemic dangers for a moment and think about what exactly "no choice" really means. My fellow righty, please keep your eyes open for ANY chance to completely destroy anything that stands in the way of our freedom. If they can take away your choice to NOT wear a mask, they can certainly take away your choice to wear one too. It is an emergency that we put a spectacular end to whatever is standing in the way of choice.
    You may do better if jumping on incorrectness coming from the medical politicians. Or other factors that can be disproved. For example, too many out there think a plain surgical mask or bandana will stop one from breathing in the virus. There are political agendas at play here and I agree with that much. But you're jumping on a known safety item as 100% useless is most cases. Whereas in most cases they give assurance and guarantee that they block out a certain amount.

And if there was an air raid, and I see smoke or gas, I would likely put on a full face respirator! And I would still make ALL my medical decisions based on science and facts.

IF I were to see advice from a politician or media twitnit, the 1st thing I do is my due diligence. If medical related, the 1st thing I do is find all the studies from around the world, and make my decisions based on my own findings. I wouldn't be going to huffington post or breitbart for confirmation. I would find proven and true studies that were peer reviewed.

The very fact that you think for a moment that I am some commie is delusional. Thinking I am some form of lefty is nuts. Thinking I fall for their propaganda BS only means you don't know me well yet, and that's cool. IF you did, you would likely agree on those points and that it's crazy to think that about a far right wing chicken hawk who prefers nukes to the middle east instead of diplomacy.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You surely don't want to get too far from your propaganda and beating a dead horse. We all have a "choice" to violate the law most days at multiple times and choose not to. Why? The possible gain isn't worth the possible punishment/fine.

When I decide to defy the law it's going to be worth it. Not over your political agenda.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You surely don't want to get too far from your propaganda and beating a dead horse. We all have a "choice" to violate the law most days at multiple times and choose not to. Why? The possible gain isn't worth the possible punishment/fine.

When I decide to defy the law it's going to be worth it. Not over your political agenda.
    There's a chance that it may not work, but not because of them being ineffective or defective - but rather because no virus present. But that doesn't mean they don't work or they are useless. It means exactly what was written. So at a bare minimum someone gets peace of mind while in an enclosed space knowing that IF the virus is present that their mask is most likely not allowing it into your body. And IF it IS present, I may have just saved my life, or the life of a loved one if I bring it back home.

No one can guarantee lowering the chances or that the virus isn't present. Gimme a vaccine and I'll go without a mask. Gimme local hospitals and clinics reporting severely diminished numbers for 2-3 weeks straight and then I'll think about not wearing the mask.

For a few minutes of wearing it, I get that peace of mind and guarantee of minimization, and potentially save $500-1000 dollars or a few months with Bubba.

11. Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

There's a chance that it may not work, but not because of them being ineffective or defective - but rather because no virus present. But that doesn't mean they don't work or they are useless. It means exactly what was written. So at a bare minimum someone gets peace of mind while in an enclosed space knowing that IF the virus is present that their mask is most likely not allowing it into your body. And IF it IS present, I may have just saved my life, or the life of a loved one if I bring it back home.

No one can guarantee lowering the chances or that the virus isn't present. Gimme a vaccine and I'll go without a mask. Gimme local hospitals and clinics reporting severely diminished numbers for 2-3 weeks straight and then I'll think about not wearing the mask.

For a few minutes of wearing it, I get that peace of mind and guarantee of minimization, and potentially save $500-1000 dollars or a few months with Bubba.
    I don't care if the virus is at my space in time, no way to know if it is or isn't. That's the nature of viruses. Looking back probably never should have shut down the country, just have hammered home basic hygiene, hand washing, and masks. Then again, there weren't enough masks. so they lied and said they'd only work for folks employed by hospitals, cities.

I'm done with arguing about them with someone that is just playing games. I guess it's what he passes off as political discussion, I'm just finding it annoying.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It appears the invisible enemy has been spotted, or was spotted, at a graduation party in Atlanta:

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-to...navirus-cases/

The Buckhead neighborhood in Atlanta has seen an increase of 100 new cases in just five days, an increase of 20% in three of the five zip codes associated with the area. The cluster of new cases is being traced back to one student’s graduation party, allegedly the son of a doctor. Head of School Meredyth Cole and Head Nurse Shana Horan sent out an email to let parents know that 30 students have tested positive, though it is unclear how many attended the party. The school officials advised students get tested if any symptoms surface and where to get a free test.

“Because we are committed to helping the Lovett community stay healthy, we want to let you know that the school has been notified by several class of 2020 families that their students have tested positive for COVID-19,” they said. “Unfortunately the infectious nature of the COVID-19 virus means that most communities will be touched at some point, and we recognize how hard separation and missed milestones have been on the emotional lives of our students. Families of the students diagnosed with COVID-19 are working with the appropriate healthcare professionals and Departments of Health.”

The school isn’t naming names or disclosing the number of seniors who are now infected. It doesn’t take much imagination to understand how many people can be affected by one person’s exposure. That is one of the most troubling aspects of the coronavirus – how rapidly it spreads. Each high school graduate who attended the party went home and exposed his or her family to the virus, along with any other friends he or she hung out with before being tested. Remember the funeral of a Georgia man at the end of February that is now labeled as a “super spreading event” due to the impact it had on the community from the virus?

A school spokesperson says that though the school did everything right as far as social distancing goes with the car parade for seniors, they have since been notified that there were off-campus celebrations that likely spread the virus.

“The notifications were made several days after a socially distanced drive-by senior parade occurred; an in-person graduation has been postponed to late July,” Fowler said. “The school has been made aware of several off-campus social gatherings but has no information on any private events. Families of the graduates diagnosed with COVID-19 are working with the appropriate healthcare professionals and Departments of Health.

Parents are alarmed, to state the obvious, and there are concerns about schools reopening, as well as their graduating students starting college in the fall.

‘They clearly disregarded social distancing. Not only did they get it, they gave it to their parents and their neighborhoods,’ he said.
    ‘It’s not going to be isolated. The kids were together for 48 hours. Kids cross populate. It’s a very interconnected neighborhood.’
    The parent, who didn’t want to be named, isn’t blaming the school for the outbreak but, instead, says other parents are acting ‘irresponsibly’.
    ‘The school technically did everything right,’ the parent said.
    ‘As you can see in this case, children believe they’re not going to get and their parents aren’t holding them accountable.
    ‘These are healthy children. If they can get it, anyone can get.
    ‘As these kids get it they will take it to college campuses. There’s no way the math won’t perpetuate this worse. I think we’ve set ourselves up for real failure.’

The parent went on to point a finger of blame at the state for reopening, claiming Georgia began reopening too early. Malarkey. That’s not been proven the case at all. That is a parent wanting to protect his child, which is understandable but blaming the wrong people. The school followed the guidelines, it was the parent (s) who helped put on a party for the graduates that are at fault, it seems – in this case, a doctor’s son, no less. You know his parents footed the bill for whatever was going on with that party.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 05-29-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I don't care if the virus is at my space in time, no way to know if it is or isn't. That's the nature of viruses. Looking back probably never should have shut down the country, just have hammered home basic hygiene, hand washing, and masks. Then again, there weren't enough masks. so they lied and said they'd only work for folks employed by hospitals, cities.

I'm done with arguing about them with someone that is just playing games. I guess it's what he passes off as political discussion, I'm just finding it annoying.
    So I was thinking (no leaving the room )...

When I was in th ehospital I had a trunk line plus more IVs in my right forearm and a trunk line in my left forearm. A trunk line is 5 IVs in one needle. Skin on both forearms has been jacked since. Paper thin. Bruises that ugly, dark purple if you just look at it. Scars. So last Spring I was out in the sun and got toasted and ended up with a spot of carcinoma on my outside right wrist. Of all the damned places. What a PIA in S Texas of all places.

Anyway, I was not told to not go out in the sun nor anything else. Cut it off, stitch it up and .... next ....

So, I generally wear long sleeve t-shirts, SPF-50 if I leave the porch. Otherwise I am ducking and dodging sunlight with my right hand, basically.

I think from now on, because I say so and have deemed SPF-50, LS t-shirts worthy, EVERYONE should wear them. OR ... you're a lackey to the sun worship culture in the US. Which of course is politically motivated so you will get carcinoma and justify Obamacare so those who need medical treatment and can't pay for it can still get it. Summer resort owners own you.

Last edited by Gunny; 05-29-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It appears the invisible enemy has been spotted, or was spotted, at a graduation party in Atlanta:

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-to...navirus-cases/
    Shame is, I think so much can reopen without such types of infections and breakouts. All these places I'm seeing - folks are ignoring social distancing and no masks around. Folks get sick.

But if they listened to the "propaganda" I speak of, I would bet anything that less folks get the virus. In fact, anyone wearing a good mask would likely be infection free. Or better yet, if folks avoided such places where folks are congregating without any common sense.

17. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So someone decides so make some serious money by playing in a game of Russian Roulette.

There is no guarantee that when you pull that trigger that a bullet is in the chamber. And if there is one, you're likely gonna die pretty quickly. But you're allowed to wear a helmet of the best quality that is known to deflect over 95% of bullets out there.

Since there may not be a bullet even there, and yet the media makes it sound like it's a suicide mission, I'll forego the helmet against that invisible enemy in that chamber.

Seems like a harsh comparison, but it's the same, and ya ain't gonna convince me otherwise. And I don't care if the last 500 guns had no bullets in their chambers, my ass is foregoing ANY potential winnings in favor of wearing that helmet.

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

So someone decides so make some serious money by playing in a game of Russian Roulette.

There is no guarantee that when you pull that trigger that a bullet is in the chamber. And if there is one, you're likely gonna die pretty quickly. But you're allowed to wear a helmet of the best quality that is known to deflect over 95% of bullets out there.

Since there may not be a bullet even there, and yet the media makes it sound like it's a suicide mission, I'll forego the helmet against that invisible enemy in that chamber.

Seems like a harsh comparison, but it's the same, and ya ain't gonna convince me otherwise. And I don't care if the last 500 guns had no bullets in their chambers, my ass is foregoing ANY potential winnings in favor of wearing that helmet.
    Considering these were high school kids, odds are they'll be alright. Their parents are in their 40's, so likely ok too. Healthy grandma or grandpa? Might have symptoms, mom or dad possible too, but likely ok. It's the vulnerable that may be shopping where one of these folks X 30+ show up, without social distancing or not wearing a masks, because the virus is invisible, that may have a problem.

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Here are some propaganda-free points for you, Evmetro:

- truth is not determined by the source of the information. You should neither dismiss nor believe anything out of hand based on who says it. The one exception should be faith. If you choose to have faith in something, that’s a different ballgame.

- let’s assume for the moment that what you say about masks and the government is true. There is a worldwide political conspiracy to lead us like mask-wearing sheep to total domination. That does not even come close to proving there is no virus, nor that a mask won’t protect you from it. In short, two different things can be true at the same time.

I will conclude by saying that living as you appear to, with a boogey man in every shadow, can’t be a fulfilling, peaceful existence. You may want to take a breather from your negative thoughts and consider that life is too short to spend it this way. Even if you are somehow right, your only definite accomplishment is to waste your life fighting a spectre. I know you will reject this, and that’s ok. I’ve done my best for a stranger who thinks I’m a fool.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

23. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post