Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I am really glad that those who don't need to wear masks but wear them anyway are so defensive about their weird behavior. It shows that they are at least a little bit self conscious. It's pretty difficult for those of us who use masks for legitimate reasons like work to get our hands on them with all these victims of fear mongering hoarding our supplies. I've been sharing some of my own mask inventory with other workers who are out of luck because of all these people wearing them where they dont need to. Everybody where I work is pretty pissed off about why we have to pay so much more for our masks now, if we can even find them. We are tired of seeing them in grocery stores on people who dont need them.

I'm pretty pissed off that guns cost so much cuz people like you who don't need them are buying them anyway.

Oh wait............

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I'm pretty pissed off that guns cost so much cuz people like you who don't need them are buying them anyway.

Oh wait............
    Do you make your living with guns? I make my living with masks and respirator cartridges. Why not just tell me what you resent about my post? Why not trump my post with some better logic or information?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    LOL! You have no scientific proof or data that masks do not work.
    I don't know why the LOL, since I certainly NEVER claimed that masks don't work. I'll be the first to tell you that they really do work, and I am alive today because I have worn respirator cartridges and masks for many decades to make my living. You posted that crap to make it look like I claimed masks dont work, but you will NEVER be able to quote me saying any such thing. Fake news stunt.

OTOH, there's all sorts of data that says they do mitigate and social distancing does provide a level of protection against virus spread. It's the reason your mama told you to cover your mouth coughing or sneezing. Don't share personal items, etc. Stay away from friends with strep, mono, colds, etc.
    Masks only work if there is something for them to filter out. They do not filter out things that aren't there. I have previously posted on this site that it is appropriate to cover one's mouth when coughing or sneezing. The notion that I do not follow common courtesy is some kind of weird attack against me that seems to be in lieu of what exactly you have against me. Why not stick to what I really have posted in correct context? Maybe break it down and expose all the flaws, maybe post arguments that are superior to mine?

You are just pissed to be spending another $1, thanks for some honesty, finally.
    Finally some honesty? If you are going to imply that I am not honest, please quote what I have posted that is not honest.

Please do not buy ppe that essential personnel need if you are planning to use it where it is not needed.

5. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I don't know why the LOL, since I certainly NEVER claimed that masks don't work. I'll be the first to tell you that they really do work, and I am alive today because I have worn respirator cartridges and masks for many decades to make my living. You posted that crap to make it look like I claimed masks dont work, but you will NEVER be able to quote me saying any such thing. Fake news stunt.

Masks only work if there is something for them to filter out. They do not filter out things that aren't there. I have previously posted on this site that it is appropriate to cover one's mouth when coughing or sneezing. The notion that I do not follow common courtesy is some kind of weird attack against me that seems to be in lieu of what exactly you have against me. Why not stick to what I really have posted in correct context? Maybe break it down and expose all the flaws, maybe post arguments that are superior to mine?

Finally some honesty? If you are going to imply that I am not honest, please quote what I have posted that is not honest.

Please do not buy ppe that essential personnel need if you are planning to use it where it is not needed.
    Nope, not playing your game of chase my posts.

People post, you say “prove it.” You don’t follow the same. So, I’ll just keep posting how I like.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Nope, not playing your game of chase my posts.

People post, you say “prove it.” You don’t follow the same. So, I’ll just keep posting how I like.
    Indeed, you will keep posting how you like. You will NEVER substantiate what I just called you on though. There will be some reason why you won't EVER substantiate it, like you won't lower yourself to respond, you dont feel like it, or something. The real reason why you absolutely will not substantiate what I called you on is because you posted BS. You resent me and want so badly to put me in my place that you posted BS and now you backed down when i called you on it. That's right, you'll be posting how you want, and you will NEVER want to substantiate the BS that I called you on. NEVER.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

LOL! You have no scientific proof or data that masks do not work. OTOH, there's all sorts of data that says they do mitigate and social distancing does provide a level of protection against virus spread. It's the reason your mama told you to cover your mouth coughing or sneezing. Don't share personal items, etc. Stay away from friends with strep, mono, colds, etc.

You are just pissed to be spending another $1, thanks for some honesty, finally.
    Just so we are clear on what BS I am calling you on, I am referring to where you posted that I have no scientific proof that masks do not work, as if I previously claimed that masks dont work. I have had professional training on respirators and masks and would not ever make any claim that they do not work. I never made any such claim.

I am also calling you on thanking me for "some honesty, finally", as if you have the ability to quote me being dishonest previously.
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-27-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just so we are clear on what BS I am calling you on, I am referring to where you posted that I have no scientific proof that masks do not work, as if I previously claimed that masks dont work. I have had professional training on respirators and masks and would not ever make any claim that they do not work. I never made any such claim.

I am also calling you on thanking me for "some honesty, finally", as if you have the ability to quote me being dishonest previously.
    Feel free to 'call me' on whatever you like. You are somehow under the impression that you carry real weight around here. So far all we've seen is you pretending to be a devil's advocate; demanding others provide you with 'proof' as in scientific proof that masks, social distancing work. OTOH, you start multi-threads on those topics, with your defining your 'expertise' of wearing masks for 'many years,' thus making you an authority.

You make the challenge. You define authority. You claim 'victory.'

Yep all hail the Evmetro. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Posted to Sammy Hagar thread before reading this .....

I don't wear a mask because I'm afraid. I wear to establishments that require them because it is their right to set the rules of their business. If I go to an establishment that doesn't have rules posted I ask if they want me to wear a mask and then I wear if they say yes to show respect for their request. Wearing the mask doesn't hurt me but it might make others feel better.

For you imply that wearing a mask is entirely political is incorrect. Maybe somewhat political but mostly common courtesy for others.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Feel free to 'call me' on whatever you like. You are somehow under the impression that you carry real weight around here. So far all we've seen is you pretending to be a devil's advocate; demanding others provide you with 'proof' as in scientific proof that masks, social distancing work. OTOH, you start multi-threads on those topics, with your defining your 'expertise' of wearing masks for 'many years,' thus making you an authority.

You make the challenge. You define authority. You claim 'victory.'

Yep all hail the Evmetro. LOL!
    Like I posted in post 20, there will ALWAYS be some reason why you won't substantiate your deceptive attack on my character. This is because I have the truth on my side. As much as you resent me, you would love to be able to teach me a lesson by posting the quotes of my saying the things you claim I said, but you absolutely cannot. You will NEVER be able to substantiate that disgusting attack on my character, and there will always be "some" reason or another why you won't.
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-27-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I wear masks for my own personal reasons and protection. And if someone uses the medical masks I have gotten for my and my family's protection, and they have an issue with that, well tough shit on them. Masks are not something sold to only folks that work in certain positions. The medical masks I get are just that, for medical reasons. As in ensuring that contagions don't make their way through to my lungs. If there, they ain't getting through. If nothing there to block, then so be it, I still have peace of mind knowing that I'm ensuring my health and ensuring I don't accidentally spread things to my family. A small price to pay for health.

I don't need to justify my decision to anyone. I'll debate that they work for EXACTLY the reasons I wear them, and no silly political finger pointing will change that fact.

If someone sees it as a political decision, or me wearing a commie mask or any other crap tossed, means nothing. The virus IS here in NY and people are dying from it. This is a layer of protection that minimizes that chance of me getting it. It's laughable to claim that this is "rhino" stuff, commie stuff or ANYTHING other than what it is - which is protection from contagions.

Or perhaps I should take more chances so that those who use them in their careers can get them? Sorry, ain't happening. And thanks to me and others like me, those folks now have to pay more for their masks. And if that's a result of me choosing to wear a mask to help protect myself or my family and/or minimize chances, then so be it, enjoy the higher prices.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, Kathianne, icansayit liked this post