Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You don’t give a girl much, do you?

Enough to become a proud father.

I dish it out, but I assure you that I welcome return fire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    It was already established throughout world history that masks are not needed. The notion that there is a need to walk about society and supermarkets with masks on is political. When lefties put a saddle and reins on the coronavirus, they learned how to implant doubt and fear into the minds of freedom loving patriots and conservatives who love to protect themselves, family, and loved ones. The beltway for this weaponized political propaganda is the media.

The reason why I don't wear masks outside of work is that I have years of hazmat training like what you got in the Army, and some. My commitment to those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom is strong as well, so there needs to be something more than political propaganda to get me to wear the colors of my political opponents who I perceive to be the enemy of freedom. Freedom ain't cheap.
    It is not established through anything but your and others' opinions.

Please. Enlighten us as to how exactly the left "put a saddle and reins" on and control a virus. All ears.

You are not the only one trained in Nuclear, Bio and Chem Warfare. Oh. You call it HazMat. Civilian term.

What clothes you wear is back seat to what is coming out of your mouth. The tactics used by the left. You're not going to win any allies using them. You are one of the few people I can agree with on quite a few things but end up arguing with simply for your lack of ability to sell the product. Rather, you turn people off who might otherwise agree with you.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I see you are setting up a defense for commies by attempting to marginalize my anti commie comments. Are you worried about something? Do my comments about commies rub you the wrong way?
    I am as worried about you as I am about the virus. And to take a page out of your playbook, you can read my posts and figure out how scared I am of the virus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I saw in a few threads about masks not being used in history and prior pandemics. This is incorrect. Sure, I'm confident some can be found not wearing them during such times. But stories and pictures are there to prove that it's been a long used method.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I saw in a few threads about masks not being used in history and prior pandemics. This is incorrect. Sure, I'm confident some can be found not wearing them during such times. But stories and pictures are there to prove that it's been a long used method.
    Btw, it was also illegal to NOT wear a mask during the 1918 pandemic.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Btw, it was also illegal to NOT wear a mask during the 1918 pandemic.
    Double commies.

9. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It is not established through anything but your and others' opinions.

Please. Enlighten us as to how exactly the left "put a saddle and reins" on and control a virus. All ears.

You are not the only one trained in Nuclear, Bio and Chem Warfare. Oh. You call it HazMat. Civilian term.

What clothes you wear is back seat to what is coming out of your mouth. The tactics used by the left. You're not going to win any allies using them. You are one of the few people I can agree with on quite a few things but end up arguing with simply for your lack of ability to sell the product. Rather, you turn people off who might otherwise agree with you.
    I have been a civilian since the 90s, so my military hazmat and cbr training is pretty dated. I have stayed up to date on hazmat training though, since I wear respirators and ppe every day for work.

I'd be interested in being convinced that the mask culture is based on something besides political propaganda. I believe i can objectively step away from my stance for long enough to process information that shows the mask culture of our current political landscape being based on something besides political propaganda. Can you post something that shows the mask culture as being based on something besides political propaganda? I am open and ready to take an objective look.
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-27-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I kinda go along with this, since I have in fact spotted a few masks in use over the years. Those seemed too isolated for me to identify as a political movement, but I have seen masks out there for whatever reason. I too have seen and perhaps posted that masks have not been used in previous pandemics, so I will clarify my thoughts on this. I have read that there was a mask culture that existed during the Spanish flu, and my hypothesis is that the mask culture of that pandemic was based upon more altruistic and more ignorant intentions from back in those days, but i do not know. I certainly do not see the mask culture from back then as something conclusive that the mask culture of today should base mask use today on, but I very open to info that shows otherwise.

I am very interested in being convinced that the mask culture of today is not based on political propaganda, but i don't think it is because a few isolated people have worn masks over the years, or because there was a mask culture during the Spanish flu.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I have been a civilian since the 90s, so my military hazmat and car training is pretty dated. I have stayed up to date on hazmat training though, since I wear respirators and ppe every day for work.

I'd be interested in being convinced that the mask culture is based on something besides political propaganda. I believe i can objectively step away from my stance for long enough to process information that shows the mask culture of our current political landscape being based on something besides political propaganda. Can you post something that shows the mask culture as being based on something besides political propaganda? I am open and ready to take an objective look.
    Someone can carry it and not know it. If they breathe near me, I can breath it in quite easily. More so if they cough or sneeze. Me wearing a mask severely minimizes those chances. If wearing nitrile gloves and a mask lowered my chances by 5% I would wear them. But IF there is a virus near where I'm going - then those gloves and mask lower the chances of me getting it by a huge margin. And worst case? I wear either for no reason, but I have peace of mind and my family feels better, and that makes it worth it as well.

With a virus, there is literally no way to know if it's somewhere around you in enclosed areas. This lowers my chances, and by a lot more than 5%.

The ONLY thing that could guarantee that a mask isn't necessary is factual knowledge that the virus isn't present. And at this time, no on can truly say that, especially so here in NY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I have been a civilian since the 90s, so my military hazmat and car training is pretty dated. I have stayed up to date on hazmat training though, since I wear respirators and ppe every day for work.

The only one standing between you and being convinced masks are based on something other than political propaganda is YOU. Your powers of observation must need a tune up. There are as many leftwingnuts running around refusing to wear masks under any circumstances because "this is a Trump-driven bunch of BS".

Meanwhile, while they and you are getting on line for battle, the vast majority is concerned with dealing with a very real biological attack. Neither your nor the left's politics matter worth a damn if you're dead. Don't know how many times I have to point that out to you while you insist on keeping the cart before the horse.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

This is a legitimate reason to wear a mask. I have one in my car standing by for the same reason. When I do end up at a business that requires one though, I am confident that they require the mask because of fear that is rooted in political propaganda. I still end up having to wear a mask in that establishment because of fear that is rooted in political propaganda, even though it is not my own fear. Excellent point, and thanks for a great post.

That is very nice of you. I have recently shared some of my mask inventory with co workers who were unable to purchase masks, and everybody where I work resents people who buy masks to wear where they aren't needed. I resent mask wearing because it is political propaganda generated by my political opponents who want control. I wish you were on my side fighting the mask political agenda, but at least you are on my side in November.

That common courtesy is courteous indeed, but i believe the courtesy is to accommodate the fear that somebody else has that is rooted in political propaganda.
    I also wear seat belts even though I've never been in accident. Some things are common sense.

I have 2 hand made masks so I'm not affecting your supply.

What I don't understand is why you haven't accepted that the lockdown is bi-partisan and so is recommendation to wear masks.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post