Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Twitter Looking At Ways To Address President’s Tweets Regarding Death Of Fmr. Scarbor

This would be one of those times the President should have slapped his own hand instead of hitting "enter".

Having said that, Twitter should STFU. Flagging them as "false" would be pretty-much a lie as they don't know the answer. If they can't flag as "opinion" then they need to leave it alone.

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 1:23 PM PT — Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A years old case involving former congressman and now TV host Joe Scarborough found its way under the president’s microscope. In a series of tweets last week, he alleged Scarborough may have been involved in the death of his staffer Lori Klausutis who was found dead in her office in 2001.
    The allegations resurfaced Tuesday morning when the president wrote, “the opening of a cold case against psycho Joe Scarborough was not a Donald Trump original thought, this has been going on for years, long before I joined the chorus.”
    He went on to call the TV host a “nut job,” adding that there are “so many unanswered and obvious questions” that he wouldn’t bring up now. President Trump then noted that law enforcement may eventually look into those questions.
    An autopsy report found that the 28-year-old had an undiagnosed heart condition, which led her to faint and hit her head on her desk. She was discovered on the floor the following morning.

Klausutis’ widower Timothy Klausutis is now asking for the president’s tweets to be removed from Twitter. He’s claiming President Trump used her death for political gain.
    In a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, published Tuesday morning, the widower said the presidents message is spreading falsehoods about his late wife’s passing by connecting Scarborough to her death.
    Alex Salvi@alexsalvinews

The widower of Lori Klausutis, whose death Pres. Trump has used to smear MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, is asking Twitter to remove the president’s tweets on the subject.

Twitter says it will not.

10:57 AM - May 26, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

269 people are talking about this

Twitter responded to those calls in a statement Tuesday. A spokesperson said the company is looking at ways to address the president’s tweets regarding the death of the congressional staffer.

While Twitter has not said how it will handle the president’s tweets, it said it could flag his messages as false. Meanwhile, Jack Dorsey himself has yet to speak out on the matter.
    https://www.oann.com/twitter-looking...rough-staffer/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

`Twitter made a HUGE mistake. They have now injected themselves into a US election and decided to become

editorialists.....rather than a platform. ALL platform protections should be immediately revoked and Twitter should be

treated as a publisher. They did this to themselves...`

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 05-26-2020 at 08:11 PM.

4. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes Evmetro, SassyLady, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I honestly know nothing more about twitter than it is social media. My "social media" begins and ends with this board. It is just my opinion that Trump should have said nothing, and Twitter shouldn't compound the issue by involving itself as the arbiter of truth in the matter.

It isn't okay, IMO, for someone to have someone else's comments flagged, removed or otherwise messed with simply because one doesn't like or agree with what is there. Counter the comment, if one can, or STFU with the whining.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes Evmetro, SassyLady, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I honestly know nothing more about twitter than it is social media. My "social media" begins and ends with this board. It is just my opinion that Trump should have said nothing, and Twitter shouldn't compound the issue by involving itself as the arbiter of truth in the matter.

It isn't okay, IMO, for someone to have someone else's comments flagged, removed or otherwise messed with simply because one doesn't like or agree with what is there. Counter the comment, if one can, or STFU with the whining.

Relax all is good Gunny....were all sharing opinions here....My post above was not directed at you...

Here is a little something extra...

8. Likes Evmetro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

He's so pissed at Scarborough he is trying to hit back hard. I think he forgets he's President and responds as a regular person would. He has to stop that! He needs to think long term results instead of immediate satisfaction.

I'm pretty disgusted with him right now because he's making it so hard to keep supporting him.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    He's so pissed at Scarborough he is trying to hit back hard. I think he forgets he's President and responds as a regular person would. He has to stop that! He needs to think long term results instead of immediate satisfaction.

I'm pretty disgusted with him right now because he's making it so hard to keep supporting him.
    Yeah, there's always been that. He's just lucky that the Dems have been so off the wall, they make him look almost normal.

Face it, everyday folks would not tweet the crap he does. He's the f'ing President and seriously makes some middle schoolers look mature.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yeah, there's always been that. He's just lucky that the Dems have been so off the wall, they make him look almost normal.

Face it, everyday folks would not tweet the crap he does. He's the f'ing President and seriously makes some middle schoolers look mature.
    I don't Twitter, Instagram or any of that other crap, including FB for last couple years, because people say things they would never say in person. Which comes back to bite them eventually.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

14. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post

**Trump got elected because he is "one of us"....not a plastic boring..polished phony....Twitter is the best way to communicate with `us`...Trump works hard working for free....Trump can do "regular" and President when needed...and thats what makes him different ...

If anyone who has any doubt about supporting Trump
    **(after all he has done to this point)
    Please ease your pain and get on with it....vote for Joe Biden 2020 and his handlers...

16. Likes Evmetro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm starting to understand why I keep getting the vibe that some of the righties on this site are really commies deep down inside. Something smells like rhinos around here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I'm starting to understand why I keep getting the vibe that some of the righties on this site are really commies deep down inside. Something smells like rhinos around here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Commies operate the dark like cockroaches do. When the lights get flipped on, they scatter and scurry off to dark hiding spots. They tend to peek once in awhile from the safety of their dark hiding spots, and that's when I can spot them. There are commies on this site who are very concerned about my presence here, because they know I will eventually flush them out into the light.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Scarbo and his dog partner Mika have had some nasty attacks on Trump.

So he hits back by mentioning what was already a news story out there. And little mika loses it and says she is running to twitter to tattle on him. WTF?

Trump should stay away from the shit wallowing they do to him, but after endless attacks he replies in kind, and they don't like it and can't handle it.

Trump IS wrong in how he handles himself, not what I want or expect. But he's done nothing different than others. And if it was just a few times, I would say he's president and needs to be above it. But these folks NEVER cease and they want him out of office, so I have less of a problem seeing him fight back and not giving in to their BS.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

21. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Relax all is good Gunny....were all sharing opinions here....My post above was not directed at you...

Here is a little something extra...

I'm always relaxed. When I'm not, I'm surely not logged in on the board. I got enough crap to do in real life that if I come up with some excess energy I'm likely not going to spend it typing at a screen

I have been outspoken about someone needing to take the President's phone, twitter account ot what have you away since 2015. Nothing has happened to change that opinion. He needs a filter. A lot of times it isn't even what he says but how he says it. In this case, there is zero point for the President of the US make such a comment. Not only is it tasteless, it is pointless speculation. It has nothing to do with any REAL issue facing the Nation at this point in time.

OTOH, I have been just as outspoken if not more on the issue of free speech since long before any of you. If he's just got to say it, so be it. Get on his ass, counter his argument, whatever. Abusing the power of authority to alter, remove, or otherwise "flag" it as untrue is a non-starter with me.

It would also be a BIG reason I do not have a twitter or whatever social media account(s). In MY perfect world, the host of a social media outlet should be an impartial arbitrator. We know this to not be the case.

In this forinstance, twitter even entertaining such a notion or voicing it as they have makes it NOT impartial so they can go screw themselves.

23. Likes Abbey Marie, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post

Shall we name names as to who is the one trying to coerce people to march in lockstep like good little Nazi's solely to his ideals?

25. Likes SassyLady, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Scarbo and his dog partner Mika have had some nasty attacks on Trump.

So he hits back by mentioning what was already a news story out there. And little mika loses it and says she is running to twitter to tattle on him. WTF?

Trump should stay away from the shit wallowing they do to him, but after endless attacks he replies in kind, and they don't like it and can't handle it.

Trump IS wrong in how he handles himself, not what I want or expect. But he's done nothing different than others. And if it was just a few times, I would say he's president and needs to be above it. But these folks NEVER cease and they want him out of office, so I have less of a problem seeing him fight back and not giving in to their BS.
    The liberal media isn’t used to a president who fights back, and they are having toddler tantrums over it. I am not always comfortable with Trump’s wording, nor do I like the Scarborough tweet, but I recognize that the combative qualities that make him mouthy, are also responsible for his standing up to Dems and actually getting things done.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

27. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, SassyLady liked this post