Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Things could get worse...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 05-29-2020 at 11:05 PM.

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

What I've seen so far it looks like most cities are in control for the most part. Police there and holding. Some looting, but not free for all.

Then there's Minneapolis. No police, no Guard, no fire-won't go without protection.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I am a strong supporter of police and I highly appreciate them being out there every day, potentially risking their lives to keep the peace for everyone else. Because they risk so much, I’ve always felt they should be given the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.

This case is something that makes me want to change my mind. I don’t see any possible defense for what they did. I don’t see any possible excuse to call what happened anything other than murder. NO reason to have a knee on that guys neck before the cuffs, let alone after. And he didn’t even resist arrest in the first place. The cops claimed that, but video from a restaurant across the street refutes it. So now we know that the whole group of cops are liars, as well.

Maybe the cop didn’t plan to kill the guy, but he sure didn’t care if he did or not. To me, its manslaughter at best, but he should be charged with first degree. What a slime ball. How about we sentence him right now to three weeks of people putting their knees on HIS neck. And that’s just before the trial.

That second cop is walking around free on borrowed time, I bet. He’s guilty of manslaughter because he stood there letting it happen. And I have no sympathy for either of those cops. Whatever happens to them.
    I'm by no means defending the police. Just giving a reason, and we used it in the Marines. Knee on the side of the face where the cheekbone and upper jaw meet. If used correctly, it is a means of controlling the body on most people. It is excruciatingly painful; yet, causes no permanent damage. We practiced on each other so each Marine was well aware of how to use it properly and how painful it is. It IS a standard means of holding a suspect by police as far as I have seen.

In this case? Negligence. Sloppy application. Arrogance. Dumbassness. It STILL takes MINUTES to actually cut off the carotid artery and kill someone.

Where I get all pissy about crap like this is if the person is not resisting arrest to begin with, there is absolutely NO reason to slam them around, to the ground and twist them up. That's excessive use of force and it's bullshit.

IMO, the correct crime is negligent homicide. Given the circus going on around this, he'll probably be charged with murder. I doubt the idiot meant to kill him. There are easier ways and he is using a means of restraint, not deadly force.

I used to be supportive of the police as well. Hard to be a Marine and not. But they crossed the line with their use of force at some point, IMO. We didn't treat POWs anywhere near as badly you can see police treat people on COPS every night. Bearing in mind, I was front line, not a REMF at Abu ghraib.

There's no justification for this. The former cop needs to just plead dumber'n a hitchpost and throw himself on the mercy of the Court.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Black Diamond, FakeNewsSux, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm by no means defending the police. Just giving a reason, and we used it in the Marines. Knee on the side of the face where the cheekbone and upper jaw meet. If used correctly, it is a means of controlling the body on most people. It is excruciatingly painful; yet, causes no permanent damage. We practiced on each other so each Marine was well aware of how to use it properly and how painful it is. It IS a standard means of holding a suspect by police as far as I have seen.

In this case? Negligence. Sloppy application. Arrogance. Dumbassness. It STILL takes MINUTES to actually cut off the carotid artery and kill someone.

Where I get all pissy about crap like this is if the person is not resisting arrest to begin with, there is absolutely NO reason to slam them around, to the ground and twist them up. That's excessive use of force and it's bullshit.

IMO, the correct crime is negligent homicide. Given the circus going on around this, he'll probably be charged with murder. I doubt the idiot meant to kill him. There are easier ways and he is using a means of restraint, not deadly force.

I used to be supportive of the police as well. Hard to be a Marine and not. But they crossed the line with their use of force at some point, IMO. We didn't treat POWs anywhere near as badly you can see police treat people on COPS every night. Bearing in mind, I was front line, not a REMF at Abu ghraib.

There's no justification for this. The former cop needs to just plead dumber'n a hitchpost and throw himself on the mercy of the Court.
    Yes and beg for solitary confinement alla sirhan sirhan . Otherwise he may not last a week.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Yes and beg for solitary confinement alla sirhan sirhan . Otherwise he may not last a week.
    At the time of my post I was unaware the rioting has continued. A change of venue to a 3rd World country might help. This guy's toast. Somebody's got to pay for the damages and I'm not seeing many likely candidates besides him.

On his partner some have been quick to judge I can't say. If he was just spectating probably some culpability. If he was concerned with another task, he might not have been truly aware of what was happening. In my experience, the second man in a 2-man team is watching the perimeter unless called for help. So I really can't say on that one without more info.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My stance on things (overall police violence on innocent people or folks guilty of petty crimes) has evolved some over time. I've always been of the 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time' and still do. I don't condone any of the rioting. I do support the protesting.

But don't others see the increase in killings of black folks from police directly? Or being harassed or assaulted by members of the police? Maybe I visit all the weird sites, starting with worlstarhiphop and other sites that share videos that you may not always find on youtube or the MSM.

And I know that times are changing with events being videotaped. But these videos have been coming out more and more. Some events I see are in fact folks breaking the law, resisting arrest or refusing to cooperate and/or becoming violent themselves. I'm not speaking of those events. I'm talking of folks being beyond abused and harassed for simple citations. Not every time, but one knows it when they see it, that an officer may be clearly abusing his or her power.

But then you have a lot of gun activity when "I" think a tazer would be better, considering it doesn't kill. I have seen many officers deploying them while running. They have lasers and are pretty darn accurate. I have seen many videos where say 5-6 officers have in front of them in assailant. Whether it be a knife at worst, screwdriver, shovel, hammer.... then I see a barrage of bullets to subdue them, when I believe in many cases a tazer would be more than sufficient. In this activity I cannot properly judge, not a cop, not trained and don't know the why's and when's. But just seems when several cops have someone surrounded, and no gun involved, that less violent means can at least be tried first. Sometimes. Maybe?

Then you have events like this with George Floyd, where it's beyond egregious and beyond obvious that power was abused. And let's face it, this isn't a rarity. It's been happening far too often. From literally doing nothing wrong in some cases, to others being killed over petty crimes. I support so much from the police, but there has been more and more to not like about quite a handful out there.

One thing I'm happy to see is that you are seeing much of the protesting remain peaceful. The folks involved are of ALL races, not just black folks. Seems with more and more of these events, more and more are seeing it and more and more getting pissed and involved.

I'm still always gonna be a tough on crime kinda guy. We need laws for our society. I don't support any of the destruction, fires, violence or assaulting police. And law and order needs to be restored ASAP in order for appropriate protesting & healing to take place. But I too am one that is getting pissed about this crap. Eventually MY neighborhood is going to be in flames or fighting if it were to continue. I still think it's a small portion of cops out there. But they gotta stop this shit, and all of the others gotta jump on board, stop others if they have to, and worry about pulling out your guns and choking suspects that are deserving.

In this guys case, I think 3rd degree murder is appropriate and I hope he gets found guilty. Same goes with manslaughter charge. I know folks want 1st or 2nd degree charges filed, but no way they'll prove intent or premeditation and that's a liability and could be what frees him in the end.

That aside, the challenge now is subduing the riots, firebombing & any violence. It spread awfully quick around the nation. I can't say how or who organized, but it doesn't matter for now, what matters is putting an end to it - without bullets. If that happens, I'm afraid things will get 10 times worse. But at the same time, what are the options for the police when they are outnumbered 50-1 and folks are dead set on destruction? National guard is in, but active yet anywhere? They need to be tonight, in quite a few places, but what will their orders be?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Damn the luck! Biden's only sane presumptive VP candidate could have derailed this cop's career when she was DA but didn't?

Amy Klobuchar missed chance to prosecute Minneapolis cop now at center of George Floyd death

Derek Chauvin had 10 complaints filed against him during his nearly 20-year career

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who is in the running to be presumed Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden’s running mate, found herself under fire Thursday for not prosecuting years ago a Minneapolis police officer who this week was videotaped kneeling on the neck of an African-American suspect who died in custody.
    The attention on Ms. Klobuchar’s tenure as Hennepin County attorney, which had posed problems for her during her presidential bid, comes at a time when she is one of several women under consideration by Mr. Biden’s campaign as a possible vice presidential candidate.
    The issue Thursday largely revolved around former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, the cop kneeling on George Floyd’s neck in the infamous video who, with three other officers, was immediately dismissed from the force when the video surfaced.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2020...k-chauvin-min/

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    My stance on things (overall police violence on innocent people or folks guilty of petty crimes) has evolved some over time. I've always been of the 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time' and still do. I don't condone any of the rioting. I do support the protesting.

But don't others see the increase in killings of black folks from police directly? Or being harassed or assaulted by members of the police? Maybe I visit all the weird sites, starting with worlstarhiphop and other sites that share videos that you may not always find on youtube or the MSM.

And I know that times are changing with events being videotaped. But these videos have been coming out more and more. Some events I see are in fact folks breaking the law, resisting arrest or refusing to cooperate and/or becoming violent themselves. I'm not speaking of those events. I'm talking of folks being beyond abused and harassed for simple citations. Not every time, but one knows it when they see it, that an officer may be clearly abusing his or her power.

But then you have a lot of gun activity when "I" think a tazer would be better, considering it doesn't kill. I have seen many officers deploying them while running. They have lasers and are pretty darn accurate. I have seen many videos where say 5-6 officers have in front of them in assailant. Whether it be a knife at worst, screwdriver, shovel, hammer.... then I see a barrage of bullets to subdue them, when I believe in many cases a tazer would be more than sufficient. In this activity I cannot properly judge, not a cop, not trained and don't know the why's and when's. But just seems when several cops have someone surrounded, and no gun involved, that less violent means can at least be tried first. Sometimes. Maybe?

Then you have events like this with George Floyd, where it's beyond egregious and beyond obvious that power was abused. And let's face it, this isn't a rarity. It's been happening far too often. From literally doing nothing wrong in some cases, to others being killed over petty crimes. I support so much from the police, but there has been more and more to not like about quite a handful out there.

One thing I'm happy to see is that you are seeing much of the protesting remain peaceful. The folks involved are of ALL races, not just black folks. Seems with more and more of these events, more and more are seeing it and more and more getting pissed and involved.

I'm still always gonna be a tough on crime kinda guy. We need laws for our society. I don't support any of the destruction, fires, violence or assaulting police. And law and order needs to be restored ASAP in order for appropriate protesting & healing to take place. But I too am one that is getting pissed about this crap. Eventually MY neighborhood is going to be in flames or fighting if it were to continue. I still think it's a small portion of cops out there. But they gotta stop this shit, and all of the others gotta jump on board, stop others if they have to, and worry about pulling out your guns and choking suspects that are deserving.

In this guys case, I think 3rd degree murder is appropriate and I hope he gets found guilty. Same goes with manslaughter charge. I know folks want 1st or 2nd degree charges filed, but no way they'll prove intent or premeditation and that's a liability and could be what frees him in the end.

That aside, the challenge now is subduing the riots, firebombing & any violence. It spread awfully quick around the nation. I can't say how or who organized, but it doesn't matter for now, what matters is putting an end to it - without bullets. If that happens, I'm afraid things will get 10 times worse. But at the same time, what are the options for the police when they are outnumbered 50-1 and folks are dead set on destruction? National guard is in, but active yet anywhere? They need to be tonight, in quite a few places, but what will their orders be?
    I don't see more killing of black folks. I see more coverage of black folks being killed, and more rioting when black folks are killed.

When was the last time you saw a white guy being killed or abused by police? Or whites burning down half a city over it? Whites are over 70% of the US population; yet, I have seen none of the above when one is abused or killed. IF 16% of the population is truly abused or killed more than 70+ percent of the population, what does that say about that 16%?

In short, MSM manipulation is MY call.

15. Likes SassyLady, Russ, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Thanks, Gunny. This does help me understand what he was doing. I still don’t understand why he was doing it in this case, and why for so long. I was outraged about this story, and the one in Georgia, but after last night’s violent riots in all the major cities, I’m having a hard time maintaiming that outrage, or even sympathy. It is a tragedy what is happening in this country.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

17. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Thanks, Gunny. This does help me understand what he was doing. I still don’t understand why he was doing it in this case, and why for so long. I was outraged about this story, and the one in Georgia, but after last night’s violent riots in all the major cities, I’m having a hard time maintaiming that outrage, or even sympathy. It is a tragedy what is happening in this country.
    Yes. I am sick of people saying destroying the country is ok if this is what it takes to get justice.

19. Thanks Russ, Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Yes. I am sick of people saying destroying the country is ok if this is what it takes to get justice.
    Apparently a white killing a black dissipates and supercedes any further threat of coronavirus

I don't care about the politics. The criminals hiding behind a tragedy to vandalize already tenuous at best communities/businesses/property and the lives connected to them need to be hunted down by law enforcement and hammered.

Everybody's worried about the "sensitivity of the people involved in the protests at the expense of countless lives they are affecting. Just what we need on top of an economy teetering over the abyss.

If nothing is done about these thugs I can easily see vigilantes taking justice into their own hands since the law isn't providing it. Can't say as I'd blame them too much.

21. Thanks Black Diamond, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

If I were Trump, or a Governor or Mayor responsible for a big city, I would deny all protest permits, immediately. No protest is likely to be non-violent. The safety of people, businesses, and residences supercedes the right to protest. Also, curfews in these cities, from 6pm to 8am, for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Russ; 05-31-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

23. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

If I were Trump, or a Governor or Mayor responsible for a big city, I would deny all protest permits, immediately. No protest is likely to be non-violent. The safety of people, businesses, and residences supercedes the right to protest. Also, curfews in these cities, from 6pm to 8am, for the foreseeable future.
    We have a curfew in the downtown business district. 10 PM - 6 PM.

I think everyone should just go home. The killing was unjustified and the officer fired and charged with 2nd degree murder. THAT EVENT is over. Do your protest march and go home.

Sad but true, the peaceful protesters, regardless good intentions, are providing cover for the criminal undercurrent and just doing more harm than good to any cause they might have.

25. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Went to Drudge for the first time in over a week today...

He listed all of the cities where the riots are taking place. Guess what?

Wonder if it's just a coincidence that almost all of the cities are run by DEMOCRATS????

Here is Drudge's list...on his page...LA, Seattle, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, NYC, DC...
    Philly, Miami, Vegas, Cleveland, Denver, Des Moines, Dallas, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Kansas City...
    Pittsburgh, Columbia, Wilmington, Portland, Phoenix, Tampa, San Fran, MORE...

Would anyone really be surprised...he left out Baltimore????
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

27. Thanks Gunny, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    He listed all of the cities where the riots are taking place. Guess what?

Wonder if it's just a coincidence that almost all of the cities are run by DEMOCRATS????

Here is Drudge's list...on his page...LA, Seattle, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, NYC, DC...
    Philly, Miami, Vegas, Cleveland, Denver, Des Moines, Dallas, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Kansas City...
    Pittsburgh, Columbia, Wilmington, Portland, Phoenix, Tampa, San Fran, MORE...

Would anyone really be surprised...he left out Baltimore????
    I didn't go to Drudge, but I DID hit on the fact that all these cities are run by Democrat Mayors. I decided that probably all o big cities are because cities are where Dems hide out from reality (the real World).

29. Thanks icansayit thanked this post