Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I watched many videos early this morning. These folks seem to have taken the streets back, and their entire city. Destroying anything representing the police and then the 3rd precinct turned into a marshmallow campfire.

With everything going on, bad or good, and no matter what one feels - it took a child to come in front of the cameras and give a small interview and said words better than I ever heard before.

Kudos to this kid

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I watched many videos early this morning. These folks seem to have taken the streets back, and their entire city. Destroying anything representing the police and then the 3rd precinct turned into a marshmallow campfire.

With everything going on, bad or good, and no matter what one feels - it took a child to come in front of the cameras and give a small interview and said words better than I ever heard before.

Kudos to this kid
    I understand he believes all of what he's saying, he's been taught that. The crime by police on Monday, confirm it is true in his mind.

Unfortunately, it's not the police or whites that are killing young, black men. It happens, it's not the norm. Young, black men are killing young, black men.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Something good to see, off my fb:

Emily Rhoads is in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    4 hrs · Public
    “Let me start by showing what you're NOT seeing on the news: a community pulling together to clean up the physical expressions of grief from the night before.
    My partner remarked "it seems like we're cleaning all of this up way faster than it took for people to tear it all down" and I said "yeah, there are a lot more people here cleaning up than there were making this mess" and I think that speaks volumes of this protest as a whole.
    There are many more here helping, inspiring, and organizing than those acting out.”
    #LookForTheHelpers

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks Gunny, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm still waiting for one of these cities to just not take the childish crap and just start throwing people in jail. I don't care how it looks and I don't care who starts crying that it's just making matters worse. Yes, they will probably try it again and up their game the same as any control freak does when it starts losing control and you just hit them again. As many times as it takes to stop them.

Violence is NOT the answer to police misconduct, but it IS the answer to violence. It is a pointless response to wrongdoing because it never accomplishes anything but destruction of places and peoples' lives. The only ones gaining anything here are the ones with agendas they hide within the violence they have stoked the flames of.

Take it away from them hard and fast and make them redress their grievances in the proper manner in a proper forum.

It IS nice to see such a strong showing for cleanup. That's something the MSM doesn't normally share with us. I did make note it came off someone's FB.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm still waiting for one of these cities to just not take the childish crap and just start throwing people in jail. I don't care how it looks and I don't care who starts crying that it's just making matters worse. Yes, they will probably try it again and up their game the same as any control freak does when it starts losing control and you just hit them again. As many times as it takes to stop them.

Violence is NOT the answer to police misconduct, but it IS the answer to violence. It is a pointless response to wrongdoing because it never accomplishes anything but destruction of places and peoples' lives. The only ones gaining anything here are the ones with agendas they hide within the violence they have stoked the flames of.

Take it away from them hard and fast and make them redress their grievances in the proper manner in a proper forum.

It IS nice to see such a strong showing for cleanup. That's something the MSM doesn't normally share with us. I did make note it came off someone's FB.
    Now that they have the National Guard in place, I'm hoping no more tonight. They are going to have to address the issue they caused regarding the police having to abandon their station. The politics in this are very, very bad.

Antifa was there, all 3 nights. No doubt, some of this was outside forces, though my feelings are that you can't blame away looting and arson.

9. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Now that they have the National Guard in place, I'm hoping no more tonight. They are going to have to address the issue they caused regarding the police having to abandon their station. The politics in this are very, very bad.

Antifa was there, all 3 nights. No doubt, some of this was outside forces, though my feelings are that you can't blame away looting and arson.
    This crap started in Watts, and when MLK was assassinated and blacks ran amok in all major US cities; especially, in the East and NE. And NOTHING was done. They do not fear punishment and the left justifies their behavior to the point that everyone is afraid to do anything for fear of being blamed for escalating the situation.

IMO, the National Guard is 3 days late, and I have no problem defending my position with deadly force so there'd have been no deserting the post under fire BS. I have always said (in my head ) if I disagreed with an order to surrender I was going rogue under the wire and they can try and catch me.

The politics in MN seem to get worse as the days pass. In the end, just like cleaning up the mess in your previous post, it's up to those same people to clean up the political mess. We can comment all we want, but none of us live and/or vote there (that I am aware of).

The way our cities are wired nowadays, it seems they have multiple angles of video surveillance when they want to have it. I'm sure if they put some real effort into it they could make more than just a few arrests.

Antifa, IMO, is a terrorist organization, should be branded and treated as such. They're not eve smart enough to realize they are exactly what their name claims they aren't.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

BTW ... I could be mistaken as to which state, but isn't MN one of the states where the Governor went all power-trippy last month? Wonder where that power is now ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

BTW ... I could be mistaken as to which state, but isn't MN one of the states where the Governor went all power-trippy last month? Wonder where that power is now ...
    Seems to me that near all blue state governors went power trippy. Are you thinking though of female from MI? She is the authoritarian of all. She makes Trump look meek.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Seems to me that near all blue state governors went power trippy. Are you thinking though of female from MI? She is the authoritarian of all. She makes Trump look meek.
    MN, MI, WI ... all the same noise to me. Up "there" somewhere Which doesn't have a leftwingnut, raghead dumbass in Congress?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Here's another thing. I don't like cops. So, there's that. I think half or more abuse their power and are heavy-handed, slamming people around for no reason. My point here is every time blacks act like it's just them, the fact it's done every day to whites is just lost. Blacks aren't special. They think they are and want special treatment, but I wonder how many times excessive force is used on whites (or anyone else besides blacks) and not reported?

Maybe everyone else should act like children and throw tantrums? Blacks are 13% of the US population though the media presents them as more and they certainly are over-represented in government. Looking at Congress, the MSM or TV you'd think blacks were half the population if not more.

I wonder what the numbers would look like if they were put up against poor/lower middle class whites getting treated just as bad.

17. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

MN, MI, WI ... all the same noise to me. Up "there" somewhere Which doesn't have a leftwingnut, raghead dumbass in Congress?
    Yeah Omar in Minnesota. Her district is like little Mogadishu from what I have heard.

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I am a strong supporter of police and I highly appreciate them being out there every day, potentially risking their lives to keep the peace for everyone else. Because they risk so much, I’ve always felt they should be given the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.

This case is something that makes me want to change my mind. I don’t see any possible defense for what they did. I don’t see any possible excuse to call what happened anything other than murder. NO reason to have a knee on that guys neck before the cuffs, let alone after. And he didn’t even resist arrest in the first place. The cops claimed that, but video from a restaurant across the street refutes it. So now we know that the whole group of cops are liars, as well.

Maybe the cop didn’t plan to kill the guy, but he sure didn’t care if he did or not. To me, its manslaughter at best, but he should be charged with first degree. What a slime ball. How about we sentence him right now to three weeks of people putting their knees on HIS neck. And that’s just before the trial.

That second cop is walking around free on borrowed time, I bet. He’s guilty of manslaughter because he stood there letting it happen. And I have no sympathy for either of those cops. Whatever happens to them.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Ahmaud Arbery case in Georgia is just as troubling. The two guys in the truck chasing the black jogger, with shotguns. And then lying that he attacked them.

Worst of all is how the police never arrested the two guys until the video was release to the public, months later. The case would probably be dismissed by now if not for the video. These guys don’t seem to have a concept of the preciousness of someone else’s life. Well, they’re going to have a lot of time to think about it now.
    Last edited by Russ; 05-29-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

23. Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Well I was wrong. Minneapolis still having riots. Worse yet, going on throughout the country. Protesters knocked down a barrier at the White House, which went into lockdown. Secret Service quickly controlled the site. This is not good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Well I was wrong. Minneapolis still having riots. Worse yet, going on throughout the country. Protesters knocked down a barrier at the White House, which went into lockdown. Secret Service quickly controlled the site. This is not good.
    Not good at all. The fact he's been charged hasn't calmed the anger.

26. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post