Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default A Few Things About China and WHO Today

Granted, Minneapolis is the news grabber today, but some things happened at the White House today. Trump officially pulled US out of WHO. Good.

He also took away Hong Kong's special status perqs due to China now imposing 'One Country, one system,' in violation of treaty.

Personally I hope that many Hong Kongers come to US for political victims reasons. Smart people and China will kill them. We can use their smarts against China, as Cold War at minimum has already started.

Another view:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/376366/

MAY 29, 2020

ANSCHLUSS: China’s Real Target Is Taiwan.
    Beijing’s moves aren’t only about Hong Kong. Its real target is Taiwan, and political legitimacy in mainland China for President Xi Jinping, whose credibility has taken a beating over his handling of the coronavirus crisis. It’s a high-stakes game drawn from the playbook of Xi’s frenemy, President Donald Trump.

Taiwan’s success in handling the pandemic and global concerns over China’s opacity in the early days of the scare have bolstered the international stature of the self-governing region that has otherwise been bleeding diplomatic allies to Beijing’s economic clout in recent years. Earlier this month, the U.S., Canada, Germany, France, the U.K., Japan, Australia and New Zealand lobbied to try and get Taiwan a seat at the World Health Organization. Beijing — whose “One China” policy means it won’t deal with countries or agencies that diplomatically recognize Taiwan — has expectedly pushed back. But the proposal is still on the table, only postponed for now.

Trump, in an angry letter this month to WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, claimed that Taiwan’s heath authorities had warned the UN agency of “human to-human transmission of a new virus” as early as Dec. 31 — though that’s not true. Meanwhile, France has promised to sell Taiwan weapons. And at press briefings, White House officials have been seen wearing masks labeled “Made in Taiwan.”

For all its bluster, China knows it can’t hope to regain Taiwan as a part of the motherland anytime soon. But it also can’t afford to see the self-ruled territory gain greater diplomatic weight. So it’s responding with its own stern messages — both direct and indirect.
    I certainly hope that’s all this is.

On the other hand, Xi seems to be acting more and more like a man who sees a window of opportunity that won’t stay open long.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 05-29-2020 at 04:30 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Granted, Minneapolis is the news grabber today, but some things happened at the White House today. Trump officially pulled US out of WHO. Good.

He also took away Hong Kong's special status perqs due to China now imposing 'One Country, one system,' in violation of treaty.

Personally I hope that many Hong Kongers come to US for political victims reasons. Smart people and China will kill them. We can use their smarts against China, as Cold War at minimum has already started.

Another view:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/376366/
    I'm with you right up to the "I hope the Hong Kongers come here" part. Nope. Don't want them. We're already being invaded by the ME, Mexico and S America.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

@Kathiannee Look. They can go here https://www.oann.com/u-k-proposes-ci...ong-residents/

Drummond will be most pleased
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    @Kathiannee Look. They can go here https://www.oann.com/u-k-proposes-ci...ong-residents/

Drummond will be most pleased
    Highly educated, hard workers. It's what is wanted in immigrants. Very pro-democracy.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Highly educated, hard workers. It's what is wanted in immigrants. Very pro-democracy.
    I'm all for halting any and all immigration until we can get our own crap straightened out.

I've argued this for years. "The land of opportunity" applied to us when we were the land of opportunity. When our unemployment rate is zero, THEN we can entertain the notion of immigrants.

Now, if we could trade highly-educated do nothings one for one, that would be a different matter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm all for halting any and all immigration until we can get our own crap straightened out.

I've argued this for years. "The land of opportunity" applied to us when we were the land of opportunity. When our unemployment rate is zero, THEN we can entertain the notion of immigrants.

Now, if we could trade highly-educated do nothings one for one, that would be a different matter.
    Hard working and pro-democracy/American are my biggies. Highly educated and knowledge of CCP antics is a plus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I'm with you right up to the "I hope the Hong Kongers come here" part. Nope. Don't want them. We're already being invaded by the ME, Mexico and S America.
    Guess what dipshit, your ancestors invaded North America. You're a fuckin alien too.