Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Sen. McConnell: Next Stimulus Bill Will Be Last One, To Be Written By Senate

The House Bill being DOA is probably best for all. US citizens, anyway. I was not impressed by the last pork-laden Bill. That's not impressed wither either side of the aisle.

Of more interest to me is what Trump is going to do with the economy the closer we get to Nov. Remember, I have not questioned his business sense very much. I feel pretty safe in saying there is probably a plan in the making that will skyrocket the economy. Hope it will be something we can sustain over time.

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 2:13 PM PT — Friday, May 29, 2020

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has confirmed the upper chamber will be taking charge of drafting the next stimulus package. On Friday, the Kentucky lawmaker reaffirmed the next coronavirus relief bill will be the last passed by Congress.
    While he didn’t go into detail about the contents of the bill, McConnell has said it will not include an extension of unemployment benefits.
    “We’re taking a careful look at a final bill,” he stated. “…It will be narrowly crafted, designed to help us where we are a month from now, not where we were three months ago.”
    This followed the House’s passage of a nearly $3 trillion bill earlier this month, which the GOP has called “dead on arrival.”

Meanwhile, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) has asked House lawmakers to return to vote in late June. Hoyer released a statement Friday, which announced the lower chamber will return to Capitol Hill once the Senate acts on the HEROES bill.
    “As we continue to meet the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, the House must also continue its work on other critical legislation to address issues of national need and concern,” he wrote.
    He explained House committee members will prepare “must pass” legislation for immediate voting once members come back.
    Washington, D.C. is planning to enter its first phase of reopening next month and House members are scheduled to vote on June 30th.

Bloomberg Government
    @BGOV

The House has released its summer schedule.

Next floor votes will be June 30.

12:16 PM - May 29, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Bloomberg Government's other Tweets

https://www.oann.com/sen-mcconnell-n...ten-by-senate/
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-29-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Of interest to me is unemployment relief will not be extended. Through the Gunny translator that sounds like "you will go back to work when Uncle Sam says, pandemic or no".

Sounds like my daughter's school district
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke