Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Liz Wheeler Tipping Point OAN

I record a lot of news shows, since I study such an unusually large and broad range of media from all bias perspectives. I can't possibly watch all of the stuff that I record, but I have gotten pretty good at sifting through 12 hours worth of DVR recordings per day with my fast forward and rewind buttons. I can usually extract what I am after from 12 hours of news recordings in about an hour and a half to two hours.

Anyway, My OAN is a very important part of my life, and it plays in the background in my home all the time. I don't have DVR recording capabilities with OAN, but I have come to love watching Liz Wheeler's "Tipping Point" show every week day at 6 pm, and I just watch it all the way through as I wind down from my work day. She is not afraid to condemn Trump's actions if she doesn't agree with them, but she is on the same side as Trump's base. I feel like her political position is somewhat aligned with my own, so her show is what I fill in the confirmation bias portion of my media intake with. Anybody else here watch Liz Wheeler on OAN?

2. Thanks NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I do. I really like Liz - she's fast on her feet and isn't afraid to mix it up when necessary... kind of like our new WH Press Secretary.

I have high hopes for OANN. I hope they make it big.

The established media appear to be quite worried as well, if the snide comments and outright attacks from the libs against the fledgling network are any indicators.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Evmetro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I do. I really like Liz - she's fast on her feet and isn't afraid to mix it up when necessary... kind of like our new WH Press Secretary.

I have high hopes for OANN. I hope they make it big.

The established media appear to be quite worried as well, if the snide comments and outright attacks from the libs against the fledgling network are any indicators.
    It seems weird that a woman as young as Liz could be presenting ideology that aligns with mine. Liz rocks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I record a lot of news shows, since I study such an unusually large and broad range of media from all bias perspectives. I can't possibly watch all of the stuff that I record, but I have gotten pretty good at sifting through 12 hours worth of DVR recordings per day with my fast forward and rewind buttons. I can usually extract what I am after from 12 hours of news recordings in about an hour and a half to two hours.

Anyway, My OAN is a very important part of my life, and it plays in the background in my home all the time. I don't have DVR recording capabilities with OAN, but I have come to love watching Liz Wheeler's "Tipping Point" show every week day at 6 pm, and I just watch it all the way through as I wind down from my work day. She is not afraid to condemn Trump's actions if she doesn't agree with them, but she is on the same side as Trump's base. I feel like her political position is somewhat aligned with my own, so her show is what I fill in the confirmation bias portion of my media intake with. Anybody else here watch Liz Wheeler on OAN?
    I don't have all that junk, but OAN is my primary news source. I take even that with a grain of salt. Liz Wheeler and Graham Ledger BOTH are over the top sarcastic which plays into mine. I totally get them.

I can see why they make the usual MSM leftwingnut lackeys nervous enough to constantly take pot shots at them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't have all that junk, but OAN is my primary news source. I take even that with a grain of salt. Liz Wheeler and Graham Ledger BOTH are over the top sarcastic which plays into mine. I totally get them.

I can see why they make the usual MSM leftwingnut lackeys nervous enough to constantly take pot shots at them.
    I'm glad to see that you know that we cannot trust ANY media source. So many people place too much trust into their favorite sources. I preach that it is wise to study all media sources, but trust none.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I'm glad to see that you know that we cannot trust ANY media source. So many people place too much trust into their favorite sources. I preach that it is wise to study all media sources, but trust none.
    I don't even trust the sources anymore. They have to be vetted too. It's ridiculous.

Anyone that allows their children to grow up on Google or Alexa answers is allowing their child to be brainwashed into dumb.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't even trust the sources anymore. They have to be vetted too. It's ridiculous.

Anyone that allows their children to grow up on Google or Alexa answers is allowing their child to be brainwashed into dumb.
    Sources should be assumed to be hostile and biased. Their propaganda can be used to help triangulate the most likely truth as long as we don't start trusting them. Sure love Liz though. .

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post