Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Ok, so How many times to do i have to say It's NOT all cops before people DON"T take it that way? or believe it.
    My observation is that if you criticize any cops or part of a police force ,or any specific cities, or certain aspects of police training or lack thereof its BAD,
    then you're tarred with the label that you "HATE cops"

it seems like knee jerk reaction. of some folks.

but ill try to make it clear, I've used this analogy before.

It's like being a Roman Catholic that's lived in a parish were pedo priest have been a problem for generations. it's not as bad as it was but sometime it still happens and the church does not handle it well.
    the members still believe in God and want the church to work but some of them ALWAYS bring up the problems and want that CRAP FIXED.
    Do they HATE the church? or think that ALL priest ore pedos? NO. Are they leery of NEW priest? yes.
    Do they TRUST ALL priest without reservation? no. should they? Do they still call on the priest for weddings, funerals, advise, prayer, etc? yes that's what priest are supposed to do.
    Should they NEVER mention the problems? Of course burning the churches down doesn't help and is a crime. (but can you understand why some victims would do it, can you understand why some might even hate the church?) But most of the members still want the church to operate but are not going to pretend that the problems of the past weren't real, or that those of the present will just be solved if they sit back silently and wait for the Bishops to deal with it.

If that doesn't help make my position clear... again.
    Well Hey, whatever , I and all black people just hate all cop for no reason and we want to see cities burn down... to fix the problem.

If that idea is the only way people can understand any deep criticisms of policing in the U.S. then there's not much room for conversation
    You are taking a topic that has done EXACTLY what Abbey posted above: you're stuck on the initial wrongdoing while the rest of the World has moved on to the more horrific reaction to it. You also tend to paint with a broad brush that would lead most readers to believe that nothing matters except the initial wrongdoing by the cop.

Straight up: Keeping the agreements in the family , I have to agree with Russ's assessment that there no comprehending what was going through that cop's head but air to hold a handcuffed and not resisting suspect down with his knee on his neck which among other things as I previously explained is not even the proper way to pin a prisoner with your knee. He would have to be unhandcuffed and the cop fighting off another suspect/assailant to even come close to justifying that.

What you want is a perfect World and it's not there. Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman were both Marines. So is it the Marine Corps' fault one flipped out and the other was so delusional he probably didn't really know his own name? It's going to happen. The Marine Corps didn't teach them to be criminals.

The cop is charged with second degree murder and the others are under investigation. Same as any other murder case in the courts in the US.

Making it a black thing is stupid. The stupidest cops I've run into were white and Hispanic. I didn't see skin color. I saw badges and guns on the wrong people. When you have a VIABLE solution, I'm all ears.

Solution or no, people capitalizing on alleged racism to create chaos sound a LOT like the left to me. Fix that too while you're at it
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-01-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke