Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where do those who don't lean left or right fit in?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That_D_Girl View Post
    Where do those who don't lean left or right fit in?
    Not sure. They used to be influencers to pull the ends towards center. It's not working any longer, both sides are wedded to the extremes.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Not sure. They used to be influencers to pull the ends towards center. It's not working any longer, both sides are wedded to the extremes.
    That is certainly true of previous generations. It is difficult to change your thought process that far in.
    The internet generation has grown up processing information from both sides. The inquisitive are able to learn. The disinterested become sidetracked.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

That is certainly true of previous generations. It is difficult to change your thought process that far in.
    The internet generation has grown up processing information from both sides. The inquisitive are able to learn. The disinterested become sidetracked.
    Sure, at 18 or 19 years old, (purportedly) you are in a position to proclaim it so.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I don't believe this is so. Most social media platforms and MSM are left leaning and the internet generation is too lazy to do extensive research to find the truth.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes icansayit, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I don't believe this is so. Most social media platforms and MSM are left leaning and the internet generation is too lazy to do extensive research to find the truth.
    Especially those that have already been indoctrinated by educators. Truth is, many parents don't even talk to their kids, much less influence them.

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, icansayit, Gunny, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    It began like this:

As ordered this way:

Bravo!!
    Your post is dead on target, as the Dem party are faithful followers of Alinsky. Hillary Clinton a true devotee and her corrupt asshole husband was as well. The obamas too.
    All are certified traitors, imho.
    The invisible war has been ongoing since a few years after the ending of WW2.
    Sad but true- since your post highlights far too much truth thus it will be rejected by many.
    As we all know, some people just love to stay blinded and that way they do not have to worry or take action.---Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

12. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

All the gun-totin' people on the right sitting around waiting on an army to show up to join, and one to show up to oppose, are going to STILL be sitting and watching and waiting when they come to the realization they have been disenfranchised, LEGALLY, and their "side" that never existed lost and the President's name is AOC. Because that's all people on the right do. Sit, watch, wait and run their mouths, complaining about what they have lost when they sat silent while it was taken right in front of them.

If I'm not already "gone" by then, I'll be leaving. I'm not afraid of the World and there are several places I liked better than I do here anyway.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Especially those that have already been indoctrinated by educators. Truth is, many parents don't even talk to their kids, much less influence them.
    I don't recall being "indoctrinated" in high school. Teachers are restricted by the curriculum established by the school boards and states. I agree that many parents don't talk to their kids. Positive, involved parents encourage their kids to explore their own options. Other parents are less involved. Or perhaps less interested. Their daughters are subject to internet "influencers" who tell them how to dress and acts. Their sons drop out of the real world and spend their time playing video games.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_D_Girl View Post
    I don't recall being "indoctrinated" in high school. Teachers are restricted by the curriculum established by the school boards and states. I agree that many parents don't talk to their kids. Positive, involved parents encourage their kids to explore their own options. Other parents are less involved. Or perhaps less interested. Their daughters are subject to internet "influencers" who tell them how to dress and acts. Their sons drop out of the real world and spend their time playing video games.
    You sound more like my mom, who would have been 98, than I do.

If you don't think many teachers are indoctrinating, you haven't been paying attention or since you agree, you haven't noticed.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Bloody Civil war

I am going to sound like a racist, but there are worse things than being racist.... bending over backwards for the bums that are rioting and looting is one

1. Many blacks and their sympathizers have a pathological sense of entitlement. In their minds, we owe them. No we don’t. This is a free country, the opportunities are out there. Get a job instead of joining a gang. Get an education and make something of yourself

2. If George Floyd were white or Asian and the police did the same thing to him and someone videotaped it... what would have happened? Nothing.... because you see Black Lives Matter and only Black Lives Matter

3. Fighting racism does not give you license to destroy property, hurt and kill people, and verbally abuse the police. I’d like to see the reaction of these people if the KKK came to their neighborhoods and burnt down the places where they live or hurt the ones they love.

4. You can be black and racist, in fact, there are likely more black racists than white ones.

5. People who complain and make excuses for themselves are rarely good at anything else. Black leadership falls neatly under this category of people. Black leadership has failed abysmally and instead of taking responsibility like true leaders would, they find scapegoats in White America and Republicans (right President Obama?)

6. Blacks kill more blacks than whites, blacks commit most of the murders in this country says the FBI. That’s not white folks pulling the trigger everyone. White America should stop accepting responsibility for black people’s short comings.

7. When most people get mad, they vote, or write their Congressmen, or run for office. When many black people get mad they riot. Then they wonder why white people are afraid of them and mistrust them. That’s not racism, that’s the result of their actions.

In short I am beyond disgusted with the actions of a bunch of sanctimonious hoodlums who act like bunch of spoiled 2year olds having a temper tantrum rather than like adults
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

18. Likes Evmetro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You sound more like my mom, who would have been 98, than I do.

If you don't think many teachers are indoctrinating, you haven't been paying attention or since you agree, you haven't noticed.
    Homeschooling is indoctrinating. Religious education is indoctrinating. Public schools have a curriculum that teachers follow. If you are learning history, you learn what the local and state boards have approved. Same with English or Math. What I was taught and how it was taught was obviously different in California than what cousin learned in Minnesota. I am sure that what is taught is different than than how/what was taught in the 60s.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Homeschooling is indoctrinating. Religious education is indoctrinating. Public schools have a curriculum that teachers follow. If you are learning history, you learn what the local and state boards have approved. Same with English or Math. What I was taught and how it was taught was obviously different in California than what cousin learned in Minnesota. I am sure that what is taught is different than than how/what was taught in the 60s.
    Point to me. You are closed minded and there's nothing left to 'discuss.' Sorry, but your prejudices are firm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

We weren't taught that wrong was right in the 60s. We weren't taught politics. We were taught basics. We were also taught to seek out knowledge on our own rather than rely on school books.

California had THE worst schools I ever had the misfortune to attend. They were the worst schools my daughters attended. Some things don't change.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

22. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And teachers, especially in leftist California, will still teach THEIR version of history quite often. Many even have counselors that are supposed to help the children, but instead show off their stupidity and shove their own ideals down the kids throats. Which is why so many, and those just going into college, are entitled little shitheads that think they can go onto someone else's property and make demands. In fact, shy of a few people maybe, the entire state of Cali is filled with all kinds of liberal nitwits, never mind schools.

Did you take any drama or acting classes by chance? Or have you taken anything beyond HS level history? Where do you get all of your history from, school?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Gunny liked this post