Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Teachers are not meant to indoctrinate, but to teach subject matter in ways that the youth can demonstrate enough mastery to apply to their lives. They are not 'weak minded' but young. They don't have the base of knowledge to apply filters, indeed they are in school to gain that base of knowledge. Won't be this year, there is already the movement to make all subjects fit into the racism inherent and for white students, their privilege. Doesn't matter if those kids are in foster care or other dangerous situations, the pigmentation of their skin is enough. I'm sure this will lead to harmony and peace.

Talk about simple minded.
    It depends on what generation you are a part. In the internet era, the more you explore, the larger your base of knowledge becomes. Racism is more inherent in past generations due to greater segregation. It also depends on your upbringing. If you grew up in a racial and religious tolerant family, you learn that everyone is the same. If you teach your kids hate and prejudice, that is what they learn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default His name was Colonel Vitaly Yurchenko,

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I'm probably splitting hairs here, but the '60s anti-war movement was a KGB operation that was successful beyond their wildest dreams.

I can't remember his name now, but we received a high ranking KGB Russian defector who was involved in it. They funded it and helped plan & coordinate until the hippies got the hang of things. The Russians referred to them as 'Useful Idiots'.

Turning citizens against their own country is an amazing feat and remarkably effective to cripple said country.

I don't doubt that China is involved in this chaos today. And that's an outright Act of War if our alphabet agencies can prove it.
    https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/0...aly-yurchenko/
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

3. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_D_Girl View Post
    It depends on what generation you are a part. In the internet era, the more you explore, the larger your base of knowledge becomes. Racism is more inherent in past generations due to greater segregation. It also depends on your upbringing. If you grew up in a racial and religious tolerant family, you learn that everyone is the same. If you teach your kids hate and prejudice, that is what they learn.
    That's bullshit. The more you learn from the internet, the more you become politically indoctrinated.

I know you claimed to not recall being indoctrinated and that's because you shouldn't. When you figure out that you ARE, you quit listening and think for yourself. You are indoctrinated by the society in which you are born from birth.

The internet makes children dumb and not think for themselves. Handy tool for those that want them thinking a certain way.

At some point, what you teach your children doesn't matter worth a damn because society and its indoctrination centers we label public schools are waiting to ensure they hate they "hate" the right things. Which, is my double entendre for the day since it DOES teach you to hate the right things. See what-all you can learn from the internet?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You are really clueless and I guess I'm getting a bit bored. 'Kids are not influenced, the internet brings them towards intellectual perfection. OTOH, their parents pass on hate a and prejudice.' They are 'magical kids', sort of like the masks we've recently been introduced to. Won't work for most, but will for magical medical workers.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You are really clueless and I guess I'm getting a bit bored. 'Kids are not influenced, the internet brings them towards intellectual perfection. OTOH, their parents pass on hate a and prejudice.' They are 'magical kids', sort of like the masks we've recently been introduced to. Won't work for most, but will for magical medical workers.
    Glad you handled that. I'm not very up on magic.

Boy if I was there'd be a LOT more toads running around. Just sayin'
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NightTrain, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I respect your right and Gunny's right to hold a different opinion. If you grew up 50 or 60 years ago, your upbringing is different than it would be now. The older you are, the less tolerant you are. Because you have had a long time to formulate your opinion.
    The internet generation remains influenced by their parents. It just depends on how much quality time parents choose to spend. When you come home from your job, do you spend time with your kids, or do you tell them you will "do it later?" Do you encourage your kids to seek answers on their own, or do you tell them what you want them to know and then cut it off?

I don't understand the hate for masks and the lack of caution toward Covid-19. Many disregard it because the death rate is only 1.5 percent. As opposed to Swine Flu where the death rate was close to 50 percent. The difference is that Covid-19 is more infectious and spreads a lot easier. Look at what happened in Italy. They are very social and enjoy large gatherings. You only needed a few carries to infect thousands.
    If you had an immune deficiency disorder, you would not look at things so lightly. Covid-19 attacks the weakest cells. If your body is unable to fight it, the virus takes over and kills you. If you got Covid-19, you could likely fight it off. I would die. Which is why I wear a mask during the few times I go outside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I respect your right and Gunny's right to hold a different opinion. If you grew up 50 or 60 years ago, your upbringing is different than it would be now. The older you are, the less tolerant you are. Because you have had a long time to formulate your opinion.
    The internet generation remains influenced by their parents. It just depends on how much quality time parents choose to spend. When you come home from your job, do you spend time with your kids, or do you tell them you will "do it later?" Do you encourage your kids to seek answers on their own, or do you tell them what you want them to know and then cut it off?

I don't understand the hate for masks and the lack of caution toward Covid-19. Many disregard it because the death rate is only 1.5 percent. As opposed to Swine Flu where the death rate was close to 50 percent. The difference is that Covid-19 is more infectious and spreads a lot easier. Look at what happened in Italy. They are very social and enjoy large gatherings. You only needed a few carries to infect thousands.
    If you had an immune deficiency disorder, you would not look at things so lightly. Covid-19 attacks the weakest cells. If your body is unable to fight it, the virus takes over and kills you. If you got Covid-19, you could likely fight it off. I would die. Which is why I wear a mask during the few times I go outside.
    If you think your're 'tolerant' because *cough* you're 19 or so old, *cough* just should know that some with facts disagree with your prejudice:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...plicated-think

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you think your're 'tolerant' because *cough* you're 19 or so old, *cough* just should know that some with facts disagree with your prejudice:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...plicated-think
    I am not saying that all young people are tolerant. Just like I am not saying that all older people are intolerant.
    Once again, it goes back to how you were raised. If your parents taught you that all are equal and stood by that, you become comfortable with everyone. It also depends on how you choose your friends and who you are influenced.
    Hatred and prejudice is not inherent. It is a learned trait. It is how you choose to think and feel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I am not saying that all young people are tolerant. Just like I am not saying that all older people are intolerant.
    Once again, it goes back to how you were raised. If your parents taught you that all are equal and stood by that, you become comfortable with everyone. It also depends on how you choose your friends and who you are influenced.
    Hatred and prejudice is not inherent. It is a learned trait. It is how you choose to think and feel.
    So where did you learn your prejudices against old people? Against those that seek alternatives to public schools, schools that are often failing at best and dangerous at worst?

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So where did you learn your prejudices against old people? Against those that seek alternatives to public schools, schools that are often failing at best and dangerous at worst?
    That's a BIG deal here. Failing public schools because parents are seeking alternatives. My oldest granddaughter (yes, I AM bragging ) got accepted to one of the more prestigious charter schools here on the merit of her work.

Sure ain't because she's a minority

Not only am I proud of her, but I am relieved for her.

15. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That's a BIG deal here. Failing public schools because parents are seeking alternatives. My oldest granddaughter (yes, I AM bragging ) got accepted to one of the more prestigious charter schools here on the merit of her work.

Sure ain't because she's a minority

Not only am I proud of her, but I am relieved for her.
    If I had school aged kids in AZ, there is no way they'd attend the public schools here. Teaching is near impossible, even for seasoned teachers that have been in the district for years. For 'out of college' teachers, they nearly all leave, some before finishing their first year.

I considered it a 'success' that I got through that one year, no way would I renew the contract. Seriously, working at Walmart is a step up. I feel bad only when the kids that were good, come visit me now. One of my favorites came in the other day, Wyatt asked me if I wouldn't try teaching in the high school. Gave him a hug and nope.

17. Thanks Gunny, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't have prejudices against older people. Where did you get that idea from? The schools I went to were not failing and were not dangerous. Public schools fail because people give up on them. Schools that need improvements are forced to seek bonds from taxpayers. If citizens refuse to fund their schools, they fail. The failure is on the adults, not the kids. Security is also in the hands of adults. We are past the time when teachers and administrators ruled through fear and intimidation. The best teachers and administrators engage with students. If schools are not properly funded, they don't have the programs and activities to keep students interested. If your schools are failing and dangerous, it is the fault of the community.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I don't have prejudices against older people. Where did you get that idea from? The schools I went to were not failing and were not dangerous. Public schools fail because people give up on them. Schools that need improvements are forced to seek bonds from taxpayers. If citizens refuse to fund their schools, they fail. The failure is on the adults, not the kids. Security is also in the hands of adults. We are past the time when teachers and administrators ruled through fear and intimidation. The best teachers and administrators engage with students. If schools are not properly funded, they don't have the programs and activities to keep students interested. If your schools are failing and dangerous, it is the fault of the community.
    So, you are in title 1 school?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

No, not him.

But that was a fascinating story, thanks! I hadn't read about this guy before. My theory is that he had a change of heart and our CIA spooks didn't realize that he was very alone here and should have done more to kind of settle him in. And I'll bet he's had a very rough life after returning.

This isn't exactly the one I was thinking of, but it goes along the same lines - this time from another defector.

https://medium.com/@JSlate__/how-the...t-d797071d4b2c
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum