Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

This I disagree with wholeheartedly.

--

BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

• “Now is the time to go big” to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies, Robert Johnson said in a CNBC interview Monday.
    • Johnson said reparations would send the signal that white Americans acknowledge “damages that are owed” for the unequal playing field created by slavery and the decades since.
    • The wealth divide and police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week’s killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

Robert Johnson, founder of Black Entertainment Television, told CNBC on Monday the U.S. government should provide $14 trillion of reparations for slavery to help reduce racial inequality.

The wealth divide and police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week’s killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

“Now is the time to go big” to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies, Johnson said on “Squawk Box.”

“Wealth transfer is what’s needed,” he argued. “Think about this. Since 200-plus-years or so of slavery, labor taken with no compensation, is a wealth transfer. Denial of access to education, which is a primary driver of accumulation of income and wealth, is a wealth transfer.”

Johnson, 74 made history as America’s first black billionaire when he sold BET to Viacom in 2001. Shortly after the sale, he started the investment firm The RLJ Cos. He’s no longer on the Forbes billionaires list.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond, SassyLady, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I disagree with reparations in any historical context against a group. I am surprised that Johnson would see this as a good time to argue for such.

Between the hit hit of China virus, now the detestation of whole communities and small businesses.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This I disagree with wholeheartedly.

--

BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

• “Now is the time to go big” to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies, Robert Johnson said in a CNBC interview Monday.
    • Johnson said reparations would send the signal that white Americans acknowledge “damages that are owed” for the unequal playing field created by slavery and the decades since.
    • The wealth divide and police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week’s killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

Robert Johnson, founder of Black Entertainment Television, told CNBC on Monday the U.S. government should provide $14 trillion of reparations for slavery to help reduce racial inequality.

The wealth divide and police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week’s killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

“Now is the time to go big” to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies, Johnson said on “Squawk Box.”

“Wealth transfer is what’s needed,” he argued. “Think about this. Since 200-plus-years or so of slavery, labor taken with no compensation, is a wealth transfer. Denial of access to education, which is a primary driver of accumulation of income and wealth, is a wealth transfer.”

Johnson, 74 made history as America’s first black billionaire when he sold BET to Viacom in 2001. Shortly after the sale, he started the investment firm The RLJ Cos. He’s no longer on the Forbes billionaires list.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets...r-slavery.html
    Better plan: If we can allocate $14T, then we can pay off our debt to China and be done with that commies sh*thole.

Blacks do no deserve/are not entitled to reparations based on the fact their ancestors came here as slaves. EVERYONE's ancestors left someplace for a reason, and usually a not good reason.

Cry someone else a river. You find me a former slave or slave currently living and residing in the US and I will agree to reparations in the amount of a boat ride back to where they came from.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Sounds good to me as long as....

Johnson uses his 14 Trillion to pay the reparations. He must have his own FORT KNOX full of .........

And he should be the one to stand on street corners and HAND OUT all of his Riches too!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I believe that Blacks deserve reparations for things like racial profiling. I think six hundred million dollars for each Black person is about right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Dogger View Post
    I believe that Blacks deserve reparations for things like racial profiling. I think six hundred million dollars for each Black person is about right.
    Nope!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

9. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Feel Free to do as you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Dogger View Post

You must be loaded with MONOPOLY money too??????
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    You must be loaded with MONOPOLY money too??????
    Do not pass Go. Do not collect $600 million.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Do not pass Go. Do not collect $600 million.
    If anyone's going to pay THEM ...

We military vets who served our 20+ and still run around with the aches and pains and scars inside and out to prove it would like our retirement check amounts to be brought out of the 1990s (2000 for me)or earlier. 'Least we earned it.
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-02-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks Black Diamond, icansayit, CSM thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, Kathianne, icansayit, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Even though I have been DRY for thirty years Gunny....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    If anyone's going to pay THEM ...

We military vets who served our 20+ and still run around with the aches and pains and scars inside and out to prove it would like our retirement check amounts to be brought out of the 1990s (2000 for me)or earlier. 'Least we earned it.
    I'll happily DRINK TO THAT!.....YOU BETCHA! Civilians (and even some of my distant relatives are convinced "WE RETIRED VETS" make Big Bucks, go fishing, camping and golfing all the time because we are SOOOOO RICH!)

Yeah, we're rich. Just below the Rich Levels of Poverty recipients on Welfare.
    Last edited by icansayit; 06-02-2020 at 08:37 PM.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post