Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    USA East Coast
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks (Given)
    1128
    Thanks (Received)
    751
    Likes (Given)
    1565
    Likes (Received)
    793
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4284501

    Default The Insurrection Act...Information.

    https://www.history.com/news/insurre...son-aaron-burr

    I don't think the President will use it. But the COUP and DEEP STATE animals who have been trying to remove him from office now have the help of ANTIFA...just declared a TerrorOrg. by the President.

    We have a choice. Keep the America we love or do as the Dems did in the Capitol and KNEEL to the enemies who hate America...INCLUDING THEM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    131
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    40
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think unfavorable news coverage of looters getting their heads smashed in and and shot by police is really all that's holding Trump back from instituting a swift crackdown, but he knows any violence that happens will replayed endlessly in the media, and will of course be blamed on him, and could hurt him in November. These looters are cowards though, i don't think they would be capable of launching much of a response, that was not in their planning at all.

    Maybe the Insurrection Act would be better to use around election time, to supervise the state elections with some sort of federal presence. Assuming the riots and looting (and foot washings, LOL) are still ongoing next fall.

    I wish everyone would just avoid the TV and the viral videos to avoid getting too stirred up by them. I refused to watch the Floyd video, and all the various cop killings and viral events. You don't run a country based on some stupid 30 second viral cell phone clip of someone doing something bad or stupid, it's absurd. And i refuse to watch them, that and cable news.

  3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    USA East Coast
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks (Given)
    1128
    Thanks (Received)
    751
    Likes (Given)
    1565
    Likes (Received)
    793
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4284501

    Default Disagree...

    Quote Originally Posted by claudius2019 View Post
    I think unfavorable news coverage of looters getting their heads smashed in and and shot by police is really all that's holding Trump back from instituting a swift crackdown, but he knows any violence that happens will replayed endlessly in the media, and will of course be blamed on him, and could hurt him in November. These looters are cowards though, i don't think they would be capable of launching much of a response, that was not in their planning at all.

    Maybe the Insurrection Act would be better to use around election time, to supervise the state elections with some sort of federal presence. Assuming the riots and looting (and foot washings, LOL) are still ongoing next fall.

    I wish everyone would just avoid the TV and the viral videos to avoid getting too stirred up by them. I refused to watch the Floyd video, and all the various cop killings and viral events. You don't run a country based on some stupid 30 second viral cell phone clip of someone doing something bad or stupid, it's absurd. And i refuse to watch them, that and cable news.


    Would you be willing to visit the families of those 4 police officers who were downright killed by those POOR, VICTIMS who didn't get their WIDE SCREEN TV, or box of BOOZE during their riots where NO POLICE WERE ORDERED TO BE???
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    131
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    40
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Would you be willing to visit the families of those 4 police officers who were downright killed by those POOR, VICTIMS who didn't get their WIDE SCREEN TV, or box of BOOZE during their riots where NO POLICE WERE ORDERED TO BE???
    Hey, it's a dangerous job. I also feel bad for farmers, fishermen, and truck drivers who die in their line of work, I feel especially bad for the poor convenience store owners, they can't pack heat and have endless backup like the cops can. Nor are there automatic death penalty laws for killing a 7-11 clerk, like cop killers are subject to.
    Last edited by claudius2019; 06-08-2020 at 07:14 PM.

  6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,580
    Thanks (Given)
    23718
    Thanks (Received)
    20243
    Likes (Given)
    503
    Likes (Received)
    5367
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claudius2019 View Post
    I think unfavorable news coverage of looters getting their heads smashed in and and shot by police is really all that's holding Trump back from instituting a swift crackdown, but he knows any violence that happens will replayed endlessly in the media, and will of course be blamed on him, and could hurt him in November. These looters are cowards though, i don't think they would be capable of launching much of a response, that was not in their planning at all.

    Maybe the Insurrection Act would be better to use around election time, to supervise the state elections with some sort of federal presence. Assuming the riots and looting (and foot washings, LOL) are still ongoing next fall.

    I wish everyone would just avoid the TV and the viral videos to avoid getting too stirred up by them. I refused to watch the Floyd video, and all the various cop killings and viral events. You don't run a country based on some stupid 30 second viral cell phone clip of someone doing something bad or stupid, it's absurd. And i refuse to watch them, that and cable news.
    I could've written the last paragraph. Naturally, I agree.
    The US Marines - We kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong

  8. Thanks claudius2019 thanked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    131
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    40
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Even though I'm a native Californian, I honestly think I'm a Texan at heart, I love your politicians, like Judge Louie Gohmert, Ted Cruz, Ted Poe, and others. California used to have decent Republicans, it was a very red state until the early 90's. Bob Dornan, Reagan, and we still have Tom McClintock.

    Kevin McCarthy is my Congressman, and Devin Nunes is in the next district over. So we have a few fireball conservative stars too. McCarthy will hopefully be the next Speaker of the House in 2021. Very much looking forward to a Republican House again, God willing.

  10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,580
    Thanks (Given)
    23718
    Thanks (Received)
    20243
    Likes (Given)
    503
    Likes (Received)
    5367
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claudius2019 View Post
    Even though I'm a native Californian, I honestly think I'm a Texan at heart, I love your politicians, like Judge Louie Gohmert, Ted Cruz, Ted Poe, and others. California used to have decent Republicans, it was a very red state until the early 90's. Bob Dornan, Reagan, and we still have Tom McClintock.

    Kevin McCarthy is my Congressman, and Devin Nunes is in the next district over. So we have a few fireball conservative stars too. McCarthy will hopefully be the next Speaker of the House in 2021. Very much looking forward to a Republican House again, God willing.
    I lived in CA off and on all my first 40 years. If y'all could just get rid of all the morons on the PCH and Fresno, you might have a state with a normal majority. Beautiful place. On the coast and in the desert.

    But the politics and taxes
    The US Marines - We kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    131
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    40
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah, to live in a place like Fresno, with all the California taxes, $4.00 gasoline, and the ridiculous laws, PLUS 15% unemployment, 1/4th of the population "undocumented", 110 degree summers, Tule fog all winter, and the worst air quality in the entire nation. And if all of that wasn't bad enough, it's flat as a pancake too.

    I think Sam Peckinpah (Fresno native) said something along the lines of, "The lowest a man can get, is to be drunk, and living in Fresno California." Ain't that the truth.
    Last edited by claudius2019; 06-08-2020 at 10:40 PM.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,580
    Thanks (Given)
    23718
    Thanks (Received)
    20243
    Likes (Given)
    503
    Likes (Received)
    5367
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claudius2019 View Post
    Yeah, to live in a place like Fresno, with all the California taxes, $4.00 gasoline, and the ridiculous laws, PLUS 15% unemployment, 1/4th of the population "undocumented", 110 degree summers, Tule fog all winter, and the worst air quality in the entire nation. And if all of that wasn't bad enough, it's flat as a pancake too.

    I think Sam Peckinpah (Fresno native) said something along the lines of, "The lowest a man can get, is to be drunk, and living in Fresno California." Ain't that the truth.
    That sounds like Bakersfield. I was on the Coast, and in the Hi Desert when I was in the Marines. Lived in Monterey 3 different times as kid
    because they were forever sending my dad to language school.

    Oddly, never been to Fresno
    The US Marines - We kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    131
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    40
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Were you at Ridgecrest? That's directly on the other side of the Sierras from me. High desert. Some people like it, but I prefer some hills and vegetation. And occasional humidity above 10%, and daily highs under 100 degrees. It's probably good preparation for the Middle East, though the climate is not near as severe, from what i have heard, compared to someplace like Iraq.

    Monterey is gorgeous, anyone who had a chance to live there would be a fool to turn it down.

    I have spent some time in Texas, but not having grown up around that kind of heat and humidity, I was miserable. And the scenery did not do much for me, compared to CA. My eye is accustomed to seeing lots of natural beauty, and I would become melancholy in a place like Texas. I did not visit Austin though, just Dallas, Houston and rural East Texas. I was shocked to find that there is a 5000 foot mountain in Texas near the Mexican border. If I ever drive there again, maybe I will take the southern route so I can see some of that stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums