Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Why was this thread closed? A belief in Censorship vs. the Pope?

The thread in question is linked below, High Plains Drifter made an interesting post about China rewriting the Bible. In it, I made a comment that may have been perceived as negative to Catholicism, although I was raised Catholic, so what I said was meant to be truthful not hurtful. Then after a few more comments by others the thread was closed. So to whomever closed the thread - did you notify the Vatican? Am I on their hit list now? Can I expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition? Oh wait, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition (see video).

CENSORSHIP HERE: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...RITE-The-BIBLE

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsefeg

Please, let's try to do our best to understand one another here, because in the end we're all on the same team.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

PM a staff member with board related questions.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And it was NOT censorship, the thread could easily be continued as I wrote. Instead of continuing the subject via another thread, you chose a new thread in here instead.

Start a new thread on the same subject/article if you wish, but we aren't going to be openly discussing staff decisions. Especially when there was no staff decision in that thread to begin with.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock