Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Found the pics of the original interior. The appearance in the photos looks better than reality. Most of the cabinets fell apart just trying to pull them out and ALL the paneling had black mold on a least a portion of it, with the worst of it being on the very front roof/ceiling panel over the sleeping area. We had a nice first bonfire this spring with it all.

Old interior 1.jpg

Old interior 2.jpg

2. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    Thanks NT!

I don't plan on running a whole lot of stuff Mostly just a mini fridge, phone charger, and the water pump for the sink (no toilet). Occasionally an induction burner and maybe my laptop if we go out of town long enough since I can work from anywhere.
    Yeah, those won't draw much. RV refrigerators and water pumps are designed to be as easy on the power as possible.

The other stuff, the cell phones & laptops, hardly draw anything at all. My DC computer that monitors the system at the cabin only detects cell phones plugged in and charging when there's 3 or more plugged in at once.

While you've got everything gutted, I would convert all your lighting to LED. They're brighter and draw the barest fraction of the juice compared to the old school incandescent bulbs, and your batteries will thank you for it. They even make the outside flood lights in LED now, too, and they're far superior in every way.

Also, there's some really cool outlets out nowadays that have built-in USB charger ports, which is handy in confined spaces like RVs - then you don't need those adapters hanging out getting caught on things.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yeah, those won't draw much. RV refrigerators and water pumps are designed to be as easy on the power as possible.

The other stuff, the cell phones & laptops, hardly draw anything at all. My DC computer that monitors the system at the cabin only detects cell phones plugged in and charging when there's 3 or more plugged in at once.

While you've got everything gutted, I would convert all your lighting to LED. They're brighter and draw the barest fraction of the juice compared to the old school incandescent bulbs, and your batteries will thank you for it. They even make the outside flood lights in LED now, too, and they're far superior in every way.

Also, there's some really cool outlets out nowadays that have built-in USB charger ports, which is handy in confined spaces like RVs - then you don't need those adapters hanging out getting caught on things.

Yes, LED lighting is in the plan. I already converted all my other lights in the horse stall area and exterior to LED 12v bulbs. Just gotta find a style of interior lamps that I like that goes with what I have going for interior. I found a video that shows how to wire up any fixture you want converting it to DC/12V and using the 12v LED bulbs. So that makes my options wide open. Which is also probably not good for my checkbook since that will dramatically increase the price-per unit and I will need a total of 4.

The switch I found on Amazon for my pump has built-in ports. I figure since the pump is on its' own circuit, a phone or two charging won't draw much more and it is unlikely I will have them all on at the same time anyway. Plus I like the fact it has a built-in volt meter is nice: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1