Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    With that said, @Abbey, thought you'd enjoy this. I did.

Yes!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Speaking of two things being true at the same time: It is very possible, yes even likely, that this is a dangerous and deadly yet non-malicious virus AND it has been used as a political football to influence the upcoming election. Both can be true. Which makes mask-wearing/non-wearing as a political decision absolutely absurd.
    Yeppers. That's what I've been saying all along. Covid-19 is quite real. Infections are huge around the world. Individual states having different outbreaks at different times as things seem to get around the country. Seeing some states with obvious rising infections along with rising deaths. And yes, rising faster is the amount of tests performed. All ages are getting hit, and the elderly are still those most susceptible to dying. For what I'm sure is varying reasons, more and more younger folks are getting sick this time around and thanks heavens that brings along less total deaths. Some of it pointed it and discussed on TV and some ignored.

But absolutely at the same time it's being taken advantage of 100% for sure, and beyond likely with many others. For example, the media in so many instances is guilty of lying by omission. And when it's stuff they ignore continually and basically never covered, it was planned. Too many on ALL sides giving differing opinions and facts to confuse the shit out of the public, or to create the fear and chaos I spoke of, as that leads to election change. Trust me, I could go on for days with the BS that has taken place and continues. Hell, can't rely on the WHO, that's a fact. And the CDC isn't much better, and after admitting to lying awhile back, they can't be trusted in my book. Not when it comes to important health matters.

And with that said, and me too, just not that #metoo, with that said, the rising infections are all too real. As in record setting real. If you look at the past 7 days and each day the amount of deaths is larger than the day before, and then the following week of 7 days is increasing and the 7 day count is up again, then obviously shit is real and things are rising upward. Ain't no different than it was in NY but for some small differences. Different populations depending on where you go. Different density depending on where you go. Different age groups coming in for testing. Things handled differently by each state. Massive uptick in overall testing. Hell, even reported different and less deadly and more deadly strains apparently seen in different areas. No easy way to figure all this out.

And I think we already know the answer to help us stay steady until we can get a vaccine, at least many of us know. The real simple things of protecting certain people, wearing appropriate masks depending on each situation, gloves can be great too, use disinfectant when soap and water not easily accessible and then use the soap and water generously. Simple common sense precautions, IMO. Oh, and don't go to parties or other literally mobbed places. And don't partake in any events labeled similarly to "see who catches coronavirus" and go without masks. But unfortunately, stupidity is probably the leading cause of infections.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yeppers. That's what I've been saying all along. Covid-19 is quite real. Infections are huge around the world. Individual states having different outbreaks at different times as things seem to get around the country. Seeing some states with obvious rising infections along with rising deaths. And yes, rising faster is the amount of tests performed. All ages are getting hit, and the elderly are still those most susceptible to dying. For what I'm sure is varying reasons, more and more younger folks are getting sick this time around and thanks heavens that brings along less total deaths. Some of it pointed it and discussed on TV and some ignored.

But absolutely at the same time it's being taken advantage of 100% for sure, and beyond likely with many others. For example, the media in so many instances is guilty of lying by omission. And when it's stuff they ignore continually and basically never covered, it was planned. Too many on ALL sides giving differing opinions and facts to confuse the shit out of the public, or to create the fear and chaos I spoke of, as that leads to election change. Trust me, I could go on for days with the BS that has taken place and continues. Hell, can't rely on the WHO, that's a fact. And the CDC isn't much better, and after admitting to lying awhile back, they can't be trusted in my book. Not when it comes to important health matters.

And with that said, and me too, just not that #metoo, with that said, the rising infections are all too real. As in record setting real. If you look at the past 7 days and each day the amount of deaths is larger than the day before, and then the following week of 7 days is increasing and the 7 day count is up again, then obviously shit is real and things are rising upward. Ain't no different than it was in NY but for some small differences. Different populations depending on where you go. Different density depending on where you go. Different age groups coming in for testing. Things handled differently by each state. Massive uptick in overall testing. Hell, even reported different and less deadly and more deadly strains apparently seen in different areas. No easy way to figure all this out.

And I think we already know the answer to help us stay steady until we can get a vaccine, at least many of us know. The real simple things of protecting certain people, wearing appropriate masks depending on each situation, gloves can be great too, use disinfectant when soap and water not easily accessible and then use the soap and water generously. Simple common sense precautions, IMO. Oh, and don't go to parties or other literally mobbed places. And don't partake in any events labeled similarly to "see who catches coronavirus" and go without masks. But unfortunately, stupidity is probably the leading cause of infections.
    Agree with all of this. Both sides are using this in political machinations. The MSM reinforces what the Dems want, which is 'shut downs to hurt the economy,' as well as advocating for the commonsense precautions you already laid out.

Meanwhile the President keeps saying, "Open it up, now, we've got to open it up! (whispering: 'except where it's obviously dangerous.') No one is hearing the whispers-especially the media. He to advocates hand washing, but it's obvious he hasn't changed his mind on masks. His core, some of whom are here, rail against masks and no whispers on anything-they are tough!

So, we have one side willing to kill the economy to destroy the president and the other side willing to 'pay the price of others dying' so they can be 'great.'

Lose/lose for the rest of us.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's another example. Numbers part of the increases, people listed as infected, or to be listed as a "covid death", only need have it when they die. This woman here in charge even states that if someone were in a hospice and given 2 weeks to live, and found to have covid, no matter the condition that killed her, she is added padded onto the numbers. A lot of misleading things to go along with the outright liars.

Just adds more to the puzzle, more to the confusion.

---

Illinois Department of Health Director Admits Anyone with Coronavirus at Time of Death is Counted as a Coronavirus Death

This is why you can’t trust the national coronavirus numbers.

Illinois Department of Public Health officer Ngozi O. Ezike, MD., explained to reporters recently how the state determines their coronavirus numbers.

The state of Illinois counts ANYONE who has the coronavirus at time of death regardless of how they died as a coronavirus death.

Anyone.

This is fraud.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...s-death-video/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

@jimmyc can you add Delaware to your list of state stats?
    Thanks!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

With the states I started with, you can see those are still in a downward trend overall. But that is based on the population.

Texas - 1.67% 1.41 1.39 1.35 1.34 1.30 1.28 1.27 1.24
    Arizona - 2.3% 2.01 1.97 1.85 1.86 1.83 1.83 1.80 1.78
    California - 2.83% 2.53 2.51 2.40 2.36 2.31 2.29 2.26
    Florida - 2.55% 2.06 1.94 1.86 1.83 1.79 1.79 1.73 1.68
    Georgia - 3.79% 3.24 3.15 2.99 2.99 2.96 2.88 2.81 2.65
    Illinois - 4.8% 4.82 4.80 4.76 4.76 4.75 4.86 4.85 4.80

So that's the latest with them and the mortality rate.

But when you track it with direct numbers, it shows the deaths per day and where that stands since the previous day. Added Delaware in.

3,077,378 total cases in the USA

292,926 confirmed
    California US
    6,724 deaths

232,718 confirmed
    Florida US
    4,009 deaths

224,929 confirmed
    Texas US
    2,875 deaths

150,554 confirmed
    Illinois US
    7,309 deaths

112,671 confirmed
    Arizona US
    1,963 deaths

103,890 confirmed
    Georgia US

12,462 confirmed
    Delaware US
    515 deaths

----------------------------------------

3,163,505 US total cases in the USA

302,949 confirmed
    California US
    6,862 deaths +138

244,151 confirmed
    Florida US
    4,102 +93

242,115 confirmed
    Texas US
    3,036 deaths +161

152,899 confirmed
    Illinois US
    7,345 deaths +36

116,892 confirmed
    Arizona US
    2,082 deaths +119

111,637 confirmed
    Georgia US
    2,965 deaths +43

12,652 confirmed
    Delaware US
    517 deaths +2

12. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Here's another example. Numbers part of the increases, people listed as infected, or to be listed as a "covid death", only need have it when they die. This woman here in charge even states that if someone were in a hospice and given 2 weeks to live, and found to have covid, no matter the condition that killed her, she is added padded onto the numbers. A lot of misleading things to go along with the outright liars.

Just adds more to the puzzle, more to the confusion.

---

Illinois Department of Health Director Admits Anyone with Coronavirus at Time of Death is Counted as a Coronavirus Death

This is why you can’t trust the national coronavirus numbers.

Illinois Department of Public Health officer Ngozi O. Ezike, MD., explained to reporters recently how the state determines their coronavirus numbers.

The state of Illinois counts ANYONE who has the coronavirus at time of death regardless of how they died as a coronavirus death.

Anyone.

This is fraud.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...s-death-video/
    Other states/cities other hospitals have been doing that padding.
    The death count is way lower than the fudged numbers show, way lower than the engineered lies show.
    The C-19 virus is likely only a tad bit worse that the flu in the overall.
    Damn sure not bad enough to have destroyed our booming economy over.
    That was engineered by damn globalists and the ffing worthless corrupted dem party.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

(Just an Fyi, if you see different #'s than you hear or see on the local news, keep in mind, this is Johns Hopkins site and generally behind)

3,228,884 US total cases

312,419 confirmed
    California US
    6,965 deaths +103

254,511 confirmed
    Florida US
    4,197 deaths +95

245,980 confirmed
    Texas US
    3,071 deaths +35

152,899 confirmed
    Illinois US
    7,345 deaths (no update)

119,930 confirmed
    Arizona US
    2,151 deaths +69

114,282 confirmed
    Georgia US
    2,994 deaths +29

12,743 confirmed
    Delaware US
    517 deaths

And New York, who thinks it's over, still getting well over 500+ new cases per day, and 20-40 deaths daily, and went back up in the hundreds for like a week. Apparently yesterday we had 786 new infections and 48 deaths. Just a few days ago it was like 900+ new cases and 114 deaths.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

For a few weeks now in AZ the 'increase in cases,' supposedly from some due to 'testing,' have been much younger than previously-thus the assumption that was cause of fewer deaths, (though not hospitalizations). Lo and behold, the age groups are moving up, seems 'testing' must cause contagion to move up to parents and grandparents. Deaths are following the increasing in age.

Now mind you, I don't think anything has changed all that much. Truth is here, lots of not so bright bulbs that weren't distancing and still too many not doing so. Many of the Hispanics are still shopping and hanging in parks picnicking in pretty large numbers, with lots of hugging and groupings.

This week I'm seeing much more 'mask enforcement' in businesses, seems some of the social memes are helping give words to 'go along or go somewhere else.'

In any case, the idea that the country should shut down is wrong. 'Hot spots' should be, imo-long enough to get the numbers steady.

The increases though are not because the left is doing this or testing is faking the numbers.

Politics wherever we look and neither side cares what may be destroyed because of their efforts.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

30-year-old dies after attending 'COVID party' thinking virus was a 'hoax'
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/30-year-man-dies-attending-covid-party-thinking/story?id=71731414
    Last edited by pete311; 07-12-2020 at 08:00 AM.

18. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    30-year-old dies after attending 'COVID party' thinking virus was a 'hoax'
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/30-year-man-dies-attending-covid-party-thinking/story?id=71731414
    There have been quite a few parties around the nation in the viruses name. Whether thinking it was a hoax, it was over, they were young and invincible and idiots just partying and seeing how many or who gets sick.

Sucks when people pay such a steep price for their stupidity. But c'mon, some common sense goes a long way. Like not drinking hand sanitizer, or drinking aquarium cleaner, or licking something...

I said from day one - common sense and PPE - and staying informed with reality, or performing some form of due diligence before taking chances or certain actions. I'm over-protective if anything, and know I have to protect my home as well. Others are out there and simply don't give a crap about themselves or others.

20. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

They didn’t know the virus, but they knew what masks would do:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...ot-wear-masks/

22. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Supposedly there are 2 different style strains, and one more deadlier than the other. An L strain and and S strain, and other than that I don't know jack shit. But if so, could likely explain some of the differences.

So many other factors too... when did it hit, how prepared for it, initial responses, where to place sick patients, how the public is responding, closed or open...

For example though, NY has had a total of approximately 400,000 cases let's say and approx. 32,000 dead. And now California is catching up with approx. 320,000 total cases, but with just over 7,000 dead. That is a huge difference. Many things though - NY was hit early and ill prepared, no masks or much protection in the beginning, so many nursing home deaths, under different rules at different times and many other differences. But perhaps the 2 strains account for some differences around the country as well?

So overall, for various reasons, the overall rates continue downward, even though infections are rising and deaths along with them.

Texas - 1.67% 1.41 1.39 1.35 1.34 1.30 1.28 1.27 1.24 1.24
    Arizona - 2.3% 2.01 1.97 1.85 1.86 1.83 1.83 1.80 1.78 1.79
    California - 2.83% 2.53 2.51 2.40 2.36 2.31 2.29 2.26 2.20
    Florida - 2.55% 2.06 1.94 1.86 1.83 1.79 1.79 1.73 1.68 1.57
    Georgia - 3.79% 3.24 3.15 2.99 2.99 2.96 2.88 2.81 2.65 2.61
    Illinois - 4.8% 4.82 4.80 4.76 4.76 4.75 4.86 4.85 4.80 4.78

And a semi-positive thing to look at, back in April there were 3-4,000 deaths per day. It's jumped up to over 1,000 nationally more than a few times in the past 30 days or so, and then scattered a few times in the 250-300 range and the rest between 300-900 per day. That's why the overall mortality rate has been able to go down, while quite a few states have such high infections and deaths. IF you can call any of that positive. So many states still in terrible shape right now, with many friends in the line of fire, and my Dad down in Florida.

3,288,788 US total cases

319,508 confirmed
    California US
    7,030 deaths +65

269,811 confirmed
    Florida US
    4,242 deaths +45

255,636 confirmed
    Texas US
    3,174 deaths +103

155,048 confirmed
    Illinois US
    7,388 deaths +43

122,467 confirmed
    Arizona US
    2,237 deaths +86

116,935 confirmed
    Georgia US
    3,003 deaths +9

12,804 confirmed
    Delaware US
    517 deaths

401,706 confirmed
    New York US
    32,350 deaths
    (730 new cases +19 deaths)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Supposedly there are 2 different style strains, and one more deadlier than the other. An L strain and and S strain, and other than that I don't know jack shit. But if so, could likely explain some of the differences.

So many other factors too... when did it hit, how prepared for it, initial responses, where to place sick patients, how the public is responding, closed or open...

For example though, NY has had a total of approximately 400,000 cases let's say and approx. 32,000 dead. And now California is catching up with approx. 320,000 total cases, but with just over 7,000 dead. That is a huge difference. Many things though - NY was hit early and ill prepared, no masks or much protection in the beginning, so many nursing home deaths, under different rules at different times and many other differences. But perhaps the 2 strains account for some differences around the country as well?

So overall, for various reasons, the overall rates continue downward, even though infections are rising and deaths along with them.

Texas - 1.67% 1.41 1.39 1.35 1.34 1.30 1.28 1.27 1.24 1.24
    Arizona - 2.3% 2.01 1.97 1.85 1.86 1.83 1.83 1.80 1.78 1.79
    California - 2.83% 2.53 2.51 2.40 2.36 2.31 2.29 2.26 2.20
    Florida - 2.55% 2.06 1.94 1.86 1.83 1.79 1.79 1.73 1.68 1.57
    Georgia - 3.79% 3.24 3.15 2.99 2.99 2.96 2.88 2.81 2.65 2.61
    Illinois - 4.8% 4.82 4.80 4.76 4.76 4.75 4.86 4.85 4.80 4.78

And a semi-positive thing to look at, back in April there were 3-4,000 deaths per day. It's jumped up to over 1,000 nationally more than a few times in the past 30 days or so, and then scattered a few times in the 250-300 range and the rest between 300-900 per day. That's why the overall mortality rate has been able to go down, while quite a few states have such high infections and deaths. IF you can call any of that positive. So many states still in terrible shape right now, with many friends in the line of fire, and my Dad down in Florida.

3,288,788 US total cases

319,508 confirmed
    California US
    7,030 deaths +65

269,811 confirmed
    Florida US
    4,242 deaths +45

255,636 confirmed
    Texas US
    3,174 deaths +103

155,048 confirmed
    Illinois US
    7,388 deaths +43

122,467 confirmed
    Arizona US
    2,237 deaths +86

116,935 confirmed
    Georgia US
    3,003 deaths +9

12,804 confirmed
    Delaware US
    517 deaths

401,706 confirmed
    New York US
    32,350 deaths
    (730 new cases +19 deaths)
    I don't know about the differences between the strains either, but remember they said that the east coast was dealing with the strain out of Italy; while CA was hit directly with the strain out of China.

The link though was about masks, IF they'd been encouraged from the get go. That's on the science guys, more concerned with PPE shortages than the general public. Likely the most significant factor in shutting down the country the first time. They out and out lied, I posted it the same day the Surgeon General said it. I said that it might be the factor in losing the Presidency.

I do agree with the author that Trump giving up the anti-mask take may help for the election. Will it be enough? Dunno.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"NYC Reports Zero Coronavirus Deaths For First Time Since March"

`New York City reported no new coronavirus deaths on Saturday for the first time since early March, according to Sunday’s preliminary health data from the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.`

https://www.newsmax.com/us/newyorkci.../12/id/976809/