Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Who can guess what this is?

Specifically??.....

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes Kathianne, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Lobster?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Lobster?
    Not a lobster....
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

A crayfish....--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Shrimp? Tiger shrimp?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default If it's a closeup....

It's a Shrimp....

If the stones are larger...A Lobster...

In either case....YUM YUM YUM...Get the butter!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    A crayfish....--Tyr
    It IS a crayfish!! So ya nailed it..... but the pic, ya gotta be more specific!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Lobster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Shrimp? Tiger shrimp?
    Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    It's a Shrimp....

If the stones are larger...A Lobster...

In either case....YUM YUM YUM...Get the butter!
    Many think Lobster, but that's because I am zooming in close, so unless you know the size may be hard to gauge. But it's just a little cray fish!

So I would imagine this will give it away, but anyway. I bought just 2 of these suckers, what, a few years ago? Both about an inch long and about 3 months old based on their size and coloring.

About a year or so after buying them, I then had about 24 of them crawling around inside my tank, had to move them all to their own tank. That many would be too invasive to share with fish and they would stress them too much and then probably eat them.

So how do they mate do you ask? ** hint hint ** and how do these little creepy crawlers (who are actually cute IMO and friendly) mate with others and make little creepy crawlers?

They don't!!! And now I just read this yesterday. I have no intention of ever letting them go into the wild. They don't get very big and don't live forever, so.

This is exactly what I bought! They told me small details and that it was German. They still sell them all over too of course. But none selling them tell you THIS story or that they are an "invasive species".

Quite an interesting story, if you ask me! The "marble crayfish" is what it was named where I bought it. ** I can vouch for the population creating, and I believe I'm about to destroy the record of 24 in just my lil ol tank. And look at their diet! I am out buying them expensive specially designed crayfish food and live crap for them, and what they eat in the wild is a little different. Glad I wasted so much!

(Now, all aside, when reading how this happened, imagine someday a few humans mate and an amazing anomaly comes out, with the same ability? Doubtful of course, but I would imagine most said the same about animals too!)

---

Mutant crayfish learned to clone itself in a German pet store and is now taking over Europe

An accident at a German aquarium has enabled an invasive species to make copies of itself, spread throughout Europe and even reach Africa, thereby devastating ecosystems and leaving nothing but more cloned copies of itself in its wake.

If that sounds like a bad sci-fi movie plot, it is just one more example that shows how truth is stranger than fiction.

A species of invasive crustaceans, called the "marbled crayfish" or "Marmokrebs", appeared almost instantly, notes a report in the New York Times. In the year 1995, a German pet store reportedly purchased a few Texas crayfish and a single mutation from one of the fish created a whole new species that was able to clone itself.

It is, until now, the only known species of crustaceans to show asexual reproduction, notes Science Magazine. The mutation made all the fish female, each one of them capable of reproducing exact copies of itself and each capable of starting up an entire population.

After escaping into the wild, the crayfish rapidly began taking over German waters, spreading throughout Europe and now, has even reached the African continent in 25 years.

"They eat anything— rotten leaves, snails or fish broods, small fish, small insects," says Frank Lyko, a molecular geneticist at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg.

German hobbyists were fascinated by the large size of the marbled crayfish and the hundreds of eggs that each of them lay, according to NYT. The "Marmokrebs" then eventually spread across the land. The only issue was that each of the eggs bore only females, they never mated and all of them grew up, ready to lay eggs, all genetically identical to each other.

Feral Marmokrebs began to show up in creeks and waterways, sometimes walking hundreds of metres to populate new waters. Soon, they spread to Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Ukraine, notes the report. They were even found in Japan and Madagascar in later years. The researchers found that in Madagascar, where the climate is similar to Florida, the population of crayfish has increased 100-fold in 10 years, taking over the native crayfish population.

It reportedly took 15 years for scientists to sequence the Marbled crayfish's genomes. They found that it evolved from the slough crayfish, Procambarus fallax, from Satilla River in Florida and Georgia in the US.

The mutation was traced back to an instance of two slough crayfish mating and one of them having an anomaly in its sex cells. Normal sex cell has only one chromosome, but this one had two. This sex cell, by chance produced a female crayfish, intact, without any abnormalities or deformities. This new female ended up with three copies of chromosomes.

They then grew up to be able to produce eggs and fertilise them at the same time. The first batch of Marmokrebs could not mate with the slough crayfish because they were now mismatched. Also, they did not need to. They just started to reproduce rapidly. Even when male sloughs mate with the Marmokrebs, they do not actually father the offspring. The eggs are only fertilised internally, notes the Science Magazine report.

Since the original was fertile, all its copies will be fertile and all their copies will go on to reproduce perfect copies of themselves, the report added. "Maybe they just survive for 100,000 years," Dr Lyko speculated. "That would be a long time for me personally, but in evolution it would just be a blip on the radar."

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mutant-cra...europe-1659030

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Many think Lobster, but that's because I am zooming in close, so unless you know the size may be hard to gauge. But it's just a little cray fish!

So I would imagine this will give it away, but anyway. I bought just 2 of these suckers, what, a few years ago? Both about an inch long and about 3 months old based on their size and coloring.

About a year or so after buying them, I then had about 24 of them crawling around inside my tank, had to move them all to their own tank. That many would be too invasive to share with fish and they would stress them too much and then probably eat them.

So how do they mate do you ask? ** hint hint ** and how do these little creepy crawlers (who are actually cute IMO and friendly) mate with others and make little creepy crawlers?

They don't!!! And now I just read this yesterday. I have no intention of ever letting them go into the wild. They don't get very big and don't live forever, so.

This is exactly what I bought! They told me small details and that it was German. They still sell them all over too of course. But none selling them tell you THIS story or that they are an "invasive species".

Quite an interesting story, if you ask me! The "marble crayfish" is what it was named where I bought it. ** I can vouch for the population creating, and I believe I'm about to destroy the record of 24 in just my lil ol tank. And look at their diet! I am out buying them expensive specially designed crayfish food and live crap for them, and what they eat in the wild is a little different. Glad I wasted so much!

(Now, all aside, when reading how this happened, imagine someday a few humans mate and an amazing anomaly comes out, with the same ability? Doubtful of course, but I would imagine most said the same about animals too!)

---

Mutant crayfish learned to clone itself in a German pet store and is now taking over Europe

An accident at a German aquarium has enabled an invasive species to make copies of itself, spread throughout Europe and even reach Africa, thereby devastating ecosystems and leaving nothing but more cloned copies of itself in its wake.

If that sounds like a bad sci-fi movie plot, it is just one more example that shows how truth is stranger than fiction.

A species of invasive crustaceans, called the "marbled crayfish" or "Marmokrebs", appeared almost instantly, notes a report in the New York Times. In the year 1995, a German pet store reportedly purchased a few Texas crayfish and a single mutation from one of the fish created a whole new species that was able to clone itself.

It is, until now, the only known species of crustaceans to show asexual reproduction, notes Science Magazine. The mutation made all the fish female, each one of them capable of reproducing exact copies of itself and each capable of starting up an entire population.

After escaping into the wild, the crayfish rapidly began taking over German waters, spreading throughout Europe and now, has even reached the African continent in 25 years.

"They eat anything— rotten leaves, snails or fish broods, small fish, small insects," says Frank Lyko, a molecular geneticist at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg.

German hobbyists were fascinated by the large size of the marbled crayfish and the hundreds of eggs that each of them lay, according to NYT. The "Marmokrebs" then eventually spread across the land. The only issue was that each of the eggs bore only females, they never mated and all of them grew up, ready to lay eggs, all genetically identical to each other.

Feral Marmokrebs began to show up in creeks and waterways, sometimes walking hundreds of metres to populate new waters. Soon, they spread to Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Ukraine, notes the report. They were even found in Japan and Madagascar in later years. The researchers found that in Madagascar, where the climate is similar to Florida, the population of crayfish has increased 100-fold in 10 years, taking over the native crayfish population.

It reportedly took 15 years for scientists to sequence the Marbled crayfish's genomes. They found that it evolved from the slough crayfish, Procambarus fallax, from Satilla River in Florida and Georgia in the US.

The mutation was traced back to an instance of two slough crayfish mating and one of them having an anomaly in its sex cells. Normal sex cell has only one chromosome, but this one had two. This sex cell, by chance produced a female crayfish, intact, without any abnormalities or deformities. This new female ended up with three copies of chromosomes.

They then grew up to be able to produce eggs and fertilise them at the same time. The first batch of Marmokrebs could not mate with the slough crayfish because they were now mismatched. Also, they did not need to. They just started to reproduce rapidly. Even when male sloughs mate with the Marmokrebs, they do not actually father the offspring. The eggs are only fertilised internally, notes the Science Magazine report.

Since the original was fertile, all its copies will be fertile and all their copies will go on to reproduce perfect copies of themselves, the report added. "Maybe they just survive for 100,000 years," Dr Lyko speculated. "That would be a long time for me personally, but in evolution it would just be a blip on the radar."

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I love the little bastards here in my tank. Something about watching them being born, then those little see through spermy looking guys, and watching them learn to eat bacteria, then a little flake food first, and then they grow! Never considered much where they came from, or how, or outside my own room.

Reminds me of owning a bunch of snake head fishies when I was 18-25. Never knew they were invasive and eat entire lakes and walk to the next one either! LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I love the little bastards here in my tank. Something about watching them being born, then those little see through spermy looking guys, and watching them learn to eat bacteria, then a little flake food first, and then they grow! Never considered much where they came from, or how, or outside my own room.

Reminds me of owning a bunch of snake head fishies when I was 18-25. Never knew they were invasive and eat entire lakes and walk to the next one either! LOL
    Quarantine makes for strange bedfellows! No judgment, Jim.

-Abbey

17. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Quarantine makes for strange bedfellows! No judgment, Jim.
    I'm going to have nightmares that I'm walking by a beach and out from the water comes scads of self-cloning fish and amphibians. I'm a goner.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'm going to have nightmares that I'm walking by a beach and out from the water comes scads of self-cloning fish and amphibians. I'm a goner.
    Your move to the desert makes more sense all the time, Kath!

-Abbey

20. Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Even if attacked by like 1,000 at a time you could walk away and laugh at the little toe biters. But now if maybe 10,000 or more come at you then there may be an issue. But, seems like if you wait long enough, they will create that many without any men around!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

---

Why does all this sound like something I will remember ?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

23. Likes Kathianne liked this post