Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default MSM Spreading Misinformation Regarding Reports About Russian Bounties For U.S. Servic

As I told Pete three threads ago, there's nothing there. Except the usual irresponsible reporting of the NYT, MSM and of course, Pete

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 12:17 PM PT — Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has accused the mainstream media of spreading misinformation regarding a New York Times report that claimed Russia offered bounties for killing American service members.
    During a press conference Wednesday, he said the media has twisted the narrative to stoke outrage against the White House. The State Department chief went on to say the administration has responded to the report “in precisely the correct way.”
    Pompeo said the press is reporting the story “irresponsibly” and could potentially be putting service members at an increased risk by doing so.
    “I’m not going to further jeopardize intelligence capabilities, I’m not going to put at risk the young men and women of Afghanistan in the same way that some news organizations have done,” he stated. “I just simply won’t engage in that…it’s inappropriate, it is dangerous and you ought not to be a part of that.”
    The secretary went on to say, “the fact that the Russians are engaged in Afghanistan in a way that’s adverse to the U.S. is nothing new.”
    Meanwhile, President Trump is referring to the report as a “hoax” and said it’s being used to slander both him and Republicans. While taking to Twitter Wednesday, the president called on the Times to reveal the anonymous source it cited when it broke the claims.

His words were reiterated by Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway who told reporters any intelligence the administration may have had on Russia’s dealings with the Taliban “did not rise to the level” of a presidential briefing since it had not been verified.
    She went on to criticize the media for insinuating the president failed to take action against Moscow over the issue and warned Americans should not be fooled by another Russian collusion narrative.
    “For those who have covered Russia, Russia, Russia or collusion, collusion, collusion which was an illusion delusion for two and a half years — take a breath,” she stated. “Take a breath before we do Russia, Russia again.”

Republican senators also came to the defense of President Trump’s response by saying evidence seen and heard during a Tuesday White House briefing showed no corroboration in what was disclosed in the New York Times article.
    Lawmakers also pointed out Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee had the same access to information the president did, however, never sounded the alarm until it was disclosed to the public.
    “Every single member, Republican and Democrat alike, of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence is aware, should have been aware, of the intelligence that I was briefed on,” said Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.). “It’s long been available.”
    Meanwhile National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien said the Times leak has potentially compromised the government’s ongoing investigation into the matter.
    “It may now be impossible to get to the bottom of this because some government officials somewhere decided to leak allegations before we had a chance to get to the bottom of it,”he explained. “And we may never get to the truth of the matter now and that’s really a shame.”
    O’Brien said the U.S. is continuing to investigate Russian activity in Afghanistan and if these allegations into their ties with the Taliban are ever verified then the president will take strong action against Moscow.

https://www.oann.com/msm-spreading-m...rvice-members/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Russ, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It is amazing how he mainstream media has over the years devolved into zero credibility whatsoever. They used to just mislead, but since 2017 I have to suspect that any story they run might be an out and out lie. If the NYTimes printed a lead story saying "The Sky is Blue" I would still have to go outside and look up, to check for myself.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

4. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    It is amazing how he mainstream media has over the years devolved into zero credibility whatsoever. They used to just mislead, but since 2017 I have to suspect that any story they run might be an out and out lie. If the NYTimes printed a lead story saying "The Sky is Blue" I would still have to go outside and look up, to check for myself.
    The Dems are still at it. Guess there has to be more of an answer because it isn't the one they want.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default CIA did not verbally brief Trump on Russia report, says official

President Donald Trump was not verbally briefed on reports Russia paid militants to kill US soldiers, said national security adviser Robert O'Brien, because of a lack of confidence in the intelligence.
    The CIA officer decided the intelligence was not verified.
    Mr O'Brien did not say if the president was handed a written briefing.
    The intelligence reportedly arrived amid US attempts to negotiate a peace deal to end the Afghanistan war.
    At the time of the alleged plan to target US service personal in 2019, Mr Trump was also seeking to improve relations with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The New York Times, Washington Post and Wall Street Journal, quoting unnamed US officials, said a Russian military intelligence unit had offered Taliban-linked militants bounties to kill US troops.
    Russia has denied the reports, while the Taliban said it had not made any deal with agents from Moscow.
    Speaking with Fox Business Network, Mr Trump said: "When you bring something into a president and I see many, many things - and I'm sure I don't see many things that they don't think rose to the occasion - this didn't rise to the occasion. And from what I hear - and I hear it pretty good - the intelligence people, many of them didn't believe it happened a all."
    Mr O'Brien said the president's CIA briefer "made the right call" in choosing not to brief the president.
    "The person who decided early on whether the president should be briefed on this in the Oval intelligence briefing was a senior career civil servant. And she made that decision because she didn't have confidence in the intelligence that came out," he said.
    He told reporters that the US would respond strongly if it is confirmed that Russia paid Taliban militants to kill US and allied soldiers.
    Twenty American troops died in Afghanistan in 2019, but the New York Times said it was not clear which deaths were under suspicion.
    On Tuesday, White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany insisted that Mr Trump was not briefed on the matter and claimed that "rogue intelligence officers" were behind the leak to the New York Times.

'President accusing the fake news of peddling a hoax'

Gary O'Donoghue, BBC Washington Correspondent
    For several days, the Administration has been saying that reports of bounties being paid by Russia did not reach the president's desk and that there was no consensus within the intelligence community about the veracity of the claim.
    However, at the same time, the White House has also been briefing senior members of both parties in Congress, with some Republicans clearly taking the allegations seriously.
    The US military has been warned about the claims and contingencies have been put in place, according to the National Security Adviser.
    Yet the president has equivocated over the existence of the intelligence, accusing the fake news of peddling a hoax. The president's Press Secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, said the information was still unverified.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53258965

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

quoting unnamed US officials,
    it's some shame))))

1) It's not russian style.
    2)To pay money(!) then increase tension... after Trump agreed whis Taliban it make problem for Trump. What for?? It's idiotizm
    Last edited by Kir; 07-05-2020 at 12:01 PM.