Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Sports are pissing me off

And no, not because of kneeling. That was bad enough, and I wish they would choose a different time and way to seek change.

The NBA is, at least for this season, allowing players to forego their names on the back of their jerseys, and replace them with whatever slogan they want. Of course some will use it for humor, then some for some causes and tons of political garbage. Worst decision ever. I DO NOT want to go to a game and pay MY money, or tune in the television to enjoy a game, only to see guys running around as human billboards. And not a thing to do with prohibiting or censoring, it's about sports.

The Washington Redskins likely are no more. Well, the Redskins part. After all of these changes around the nation, they are almost obligated to do so or be canceled somehow. So they are in the midst of discussions, and the name will be changed.

And now the NFL may allow players to place names of victims of police violence on their jerseys and helmets? I feel for those who lost their lives. I think if justice was ignored, it needs to be rectified. I have no problem with the players supporting and/or getting involved. But not during the game and taking advantage of the viewers wanting to watch football games. Again, it's a sport, and that's not what people pay for, it's not what brings in billions. I respect them and their message, just not during games. Don't change what works to appease damn political messages.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And no, not because of kneeling. That was bad enough, and I wish they would choose a different time and way to seek change.

The NBA is, at least for this season, allowing players to forego their names on the back of their jerseys, and replace them with whatever slogan they want. Of course some will use it for humor, then some for some causes and tons of political garbage. Worst decision ever. I DO NOT want to go to a game and pay MY money, or tune in the television to enjoy a game, only to see guys running around as human billboards. And not a thing to do with prohibiting or censoring, it's about sports.

The Washington Redskins likely are no more. Well, the Redskins part. After all of these changes around the nation, they are almost obligated to do so or be canceled somehow. So they are in the midst of discussions, and the name will be changed.

And now the NFL may allow players to place names of victims of police violence on their jerseys and helmets? I feel for those who lost their lives. I think if justice was ignored, it needs to be rectified. I have no problem with the players supporting and/or getting involved. But not during the game and taking advantage of the viewers wanting to watch football games. Again, it's a sport, and that's not what people pay for, it's not what brings in billions. I respect them and their message, just not during games. Don't change what works to appease damn political messages.
    And players will be vilified unless they endorse/promote/display liberal/leftists causes.
    You can bet your last nickel on that. This is ass kissing to the the extreme, imho.
    I myself in these last few years have basically gave up on all major sports except football.
    And now with football bowing down to BLM, I am about to let it go too.
    That would leave me with only caring about boxing and ultimate fighting(cage matches).
    Then so be it....--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

3. Thanks Black Diamond, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    And players will be vilified unless they endorse/promote/display liberal/leftists causes.
    You can bet your last nickel on that. This is ass kissing to the the extreme, imho.
    I myself in these last few years have basically gave up on all major sports except football.
    And now with football bowing down to BLM, I am about to let it go too.
    That would leave me with only caring about boxing and ultimate fighting(cage matches).
    Then so be it....--Tyr
    Ass kissing is exactly what is taking place, and pandering, and fear & some outright stupidity.

Folks doing many dumb things out there and literally playing out the "I have black friends" thing in many other ways. Instead of speaking out and/or agreeing with a message, they are doing stupid things to garner attention for whatever reason while doing so.

Sports will continue to succeed just fine without change. If the league wants, spend the $$$ to make change instead of visuals. There's a time and place for everything. They can do so many good things for 20 hours of the day. I encourage such, and use their fame... all the above. But then let us paying fans watch or go to a game as it's always been, and let us all confront the issue head on when and where appropriate.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Likes LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We are not watching anymore. And no pool either. First time in forever.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    We are not watching anymore. And no pool either. First time in forever.
    How does it feel?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    How does it feel?
    It feels necessary.

-Abbey

10. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I quit watching the NFL years ago. I think the last time the Steelers won the SB. It was because of the NFL and ruining the game. I might check the scores next day in the news to see how the Cowboys blew it this time

The NBA is a different story. I was a die-hard Spurs fan. No attention, small market team won only 5 titles in 10 years. No respect

I quit watching them when Popovich, who was/maybe still is, a brilliant coach, decided to used his position to badmouth Trump at every turn. I'm not buying a ticket for the moonbat's politics. It's to coach my team. It was really a shock actually because Spurs players are always so conservative in their behavior. The psycho ones like the year we had Rodman don't stay long.

Anyway, I'm hoping MLB doesn't piss me off because if all else fails I'll put on a ball game. Or college sports.

Can't wait to see how all this crap screws u p the Olympics which is supposed to be politics free
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default STANDBY to get More Pissed off....

I just found this on Youtube....Un F'in Believable...

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

14. Thanks Russ, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Those two guys in the video are awesome!

-Abbey

16. Thanks Russ, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post

I just listened to this with Abbey... and it was great! Loved it! These guys are absolutely right, and were entertaining also.

Not sure why you would think anyone would get pissed off, ICSI?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I quit watching the NFL years ago. I think the last time the Steelers won the SB. It was because of the NFL and ruining the game. I might check the scores next day in the news to see how the Cowboys blew it this time

The NBA is a different story. I was a die-hard Spurs fan. No attention, small market team won only 5 titles in 10 years. No respect

I quit watching them when Popovich, who was/maybe still is, a brilliant coach, decided to used his position to badmouth Trump at every turn. I'm not buying a ticket for the moonbat's politics. It's to coach my team. It was really a shock actually because Spurs players are always so conservative in their behavior. The psycho ones like the year we had Rodman don't stay long.

Anyway, I'm hoping MLB doesn't piss me off because if all else fails I'll put on a ball game. Or college sports.

Can't wait to see how all this crap screws u p the Olympics which is supposed to be politics free
    Agreed, Gunny. Popovich is a brilliant coach, but spouts off like an a-hole thinking that NBA coaches are in a position to tell people what to think about politics. What a jerk.

I was a big Sixers fan, but am dropping the NBA and NFL now. Both leagues are full of a bunch of a-hole players and managers, and I can’t watch sports played by people I dislike. I also resent the leagues for inviting politics into the game itself. I watch sports to get away from that stuff. Correction - I USED TO watch sports to get away from that stuff.
    Last edited by Russ; 07-04-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

These Uncle Tom's are in trouble

I think we've ALL been saying the same things they are for years. I know I have. There's no profit in ending the facade of racism.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    "I don't even think they have a black national anthem in Africa"

So they want to get rid of the American national anthem and then play a "black national anthem"? Trying to "fix" things by color.

The answer is not to make every situation about black people, or black history, or black moments, or black sorrow. That will only lead to more division. The answer is UNITY and COMMUNITY.

Some say no one ever puts up ideas to fix things, answers, things other than bitching about it or blaming either side. @revelarts mentioned that even republicans do this or that, but it doesn't end up fixing much in the end. Former ideas about fixing police, or any brutality and such, haven't done an awful lot to fix all the issues. Tossing money at it didn't fix the issues. Democrats make promises and lead many major black communities, and things don't get fixed. Folks state to concentrate on weapons, gangs and black on black crime, but the issue remains. Socioeconomic issues blamed and having money tossed, but doesn't fix it. A leader here or there will be fired/swapped/resign to start anew, but things are not fixed. I could go on and on, but the truth is, so many issues pertaining to racial division still exist in our country.

There is no one answer to fix things. Getting rid of bad apples in the police alone will not fix things. Nor will defunding or abolishing the police. These so called fixes would only lead to a worse society filled with crime. Simply retraining police alone will not fix the issue. I think bad apples need to go, and others as they are found over time. I think firings and prosecutions of proven wrongdoing by police will then have others think twice and I believe over time it gets better. I also think there needs to be a ton of interaction between the community and the police. Most folks now only see the police when getting pulled over, or otherwise some negative reason to need their presence. I see tons of videos with the police meeting with the community and some great conversations. That from rap stars with them, to athletes, to interactions with little children playing in the streets. Over time, no quick fix here, the community needs to not only see the change within the police department, but learn to respect them and have fun with them and understand what they do, and why & when. An all around respect needs to be earned between the communities and the police. Over time, instituting many changes, and work from all sides, it CAN change. This is just the police I am speaking of and just the tip of the iceberg.

I do not think reparations in any way will fix or even help any racial division. It will do little more than put us further in tremendous debt. Whether tossing money at individuals or the community as a whole, is simply not the answer. It teaches some to feel entitled, or deserving. It will teach others laziness. This in no way will have either side see anyone more respectfully.

Schooling and education. One of the best things in America, opportunity to improve. But I understand it's not that easy, folks don't get to wake one morning and just leave a neighborhood and pick any school. It needs to start at home from childhood. The respect, the homework, the dinner table, the absenteeism and going every day and earning a grammar school education and working all the way up. And the schools, the teachers, should be ensured to hopefully be as good as any other public schooling. But ensuring safety is paramount for new teachers. And hopefully that starts at the dinner table and in a generation you have an entirely new school system, black or white. Continue on up throughout college. Opportunity to be there, to EARN ones way in, and taught how to handle things financially and geared towards ones future. Get rid of as much of indoctrination as possible. Make possibilities happen. Just a few sentences, but I think education from kindergarten to 12th grade is HUGE. A kids entire future may be molded based on those years, what they are taught at home and in school, and how well they do and how many doors they open for their future. Believe it or not, I think this, not police, is one of the biggest things that can be fixed over time in order to see some great change.

Crime and drugs. Needs to be fixed in many ways. I believe the visible crime and drugs lead to more. And when more and more kids are wearing their "bling" and hundreds of hundred dollar bills, while they make $80 a week at Mickey D's - becomes enticing. Shouldn't be hard to steer a child the right way, to shun that garbage on the corners and understand that their lives will change and they will earn money legally and have homes and wives/husbands and families and all they can dream of and strive for - and be alive to get there.

Healthcare I think comes along with all of the above. When a parent does all that is good and decent, they will likely have insurance of some form on their own or via their employer. This helps their family too. And when kids start young, stick with an education and get involved in sports and other activities.... They will love playing the sports, they will make friends of the right kind, they will have alternatives in life than seeing the bling crew on the street corner. This normally leads to all kinds of good and decent things for them, now and in their futures. And when it's their time, they will likely follow suit like their old man or Mom and have insurance, family.... something better to show than prison or death or non-stop racial division.

Criminal justice and prison. Enough with the majority of drugs in the drug war, and especially related to sending folks to prison for such crimes. Now if someone is found with 100 kilos of deadly heroin onto our streets, away they go. But if someone is nailed with a 1lb or marijuana for personal use, or busted in the park smoking a joint with friends - no need to imprison folks for that, IMO. Difficult for people to pick and choose which drugs get the harsher treatment and which don't, which are more harmful than the others. Maybe as an honest person who may, just may, have tried most here or there, even if only once. Anything, in my opinion, that is pharmaceutical and made with deadly concoctions, no need to have that garbage around. But if someone is smoking a plant, which is 100% natural, and has never taken anyone's life before - then I fail to see the harm, and certainly fail to see why so many people with petty smoking and possession crimes are sitting in jail. Need a revamp on just a couple of less or fully harmful drugs if no harm is done to society at all. And of course in addition, the penalties need to apply equally across the board. If a first time crime for a black person, it should be no different than a first time crime penalty of a white person. Same with all crimes, IMO. Same with all sentencing. In fact, Lady Liberty is blind, and our justice system SHOULD already be being applied equally. But not always the case.

Just the tip of the iceberg as I said, and only 5 or 6 quick touching of things I think need fixing. I do think republicans are out there with similar messages, and stated better than this dummy, but the lessons and the message seem to get lost quite quickly. The fix is many things. Each one needs to be addressed individually, IMO. And there will not be change overnight, in a week or maybe not even a year or two. It needs the addressing of many issues, and time needs to be taken, both sides need to come in understanding and fully willing to make change. It CANNOT be a fight. Folks CANNOT rip things down, or destroy communities in order to force change.

24. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, icansayit, Russ thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Gunny, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    "I don't even think they have a black national anthem in Africa"

So they want to get rid of the American national anthem and then play a "black national anthem"? Trying to "fix" things by color.

The answer is not to make every situation about black people, or black history, or black moments, or black sorrow. That will only lead to more division. The answer is UNITY and COMMUNITY.

Some say no one ever puts up ideas to fix things, answers, things other than bitching about it or blaming either side. @revelarts mentioned that even republicans do this or that, but it doesn't end up fixing much in the end. Former ideas about fixing police, or any brutality and such, haven't done an awful lot to fix all the issues. Tossing money at it didn't fix the issues. Democrats make promises and lead many major black communities, and things don't get fixed. Folks state to concentrate on weapons, gangs and black on black crime, but the issue remains. Socioeconomic issues blamed and having money tossed, but doesn't fix it. A leader here or there will be fired/swapped/resign to start anew, but things are not fixed. I could go on and on, but the truth is, so many issues pertaining to racial division still exist in our country.

There is no one answer to fix things. Getting rid of bad apples in the police alone will not fix things. Nor will defunding or abolishing the police. These so called fixes would only lead to a worse society filled with crime. Simply retraining police alone will not fix the issue. I think bad apples need to go, and others as they are found over time. I think firings and prosecutions of proven wrongdoing by police will then have others think twice and I believe over time it gets better. I also think there needs to be a ton of interaction between the community and the police. Most folks now only see the police when getting pulled over, or otherwise some negative reason to need their presence. I see tons of videos with the police meeting with the community and some great conversations. That from rap stars with them, to athletes, to interactions with little children playing in the streets. Over time, no quick fix here, the community needs to not only see the change within the police department, but learn to respect them and have fun with them and understand what they do, and why & when. An all around respect needs to be earned between the communities and the police. Over time, instituting many changes, and work from all sides, it CAN change. This is just the police I am speaking of and just the tip of the iceberg.

I do not think reparations in any way will fix or even help any racial division. It will do little more than put us further in tremendous debt. Whether tossing money at individuals or the community as a whole, is simply not the answer. It teaches some to feel entitled, or deserving. It will teach others laziness. This in no way will have either side see anyone more respectfully.

Schooling and education. One of the best things in America, opportunity to improve. But I understand it's not that easy, folks don't get to wake one morning and just leave a neighborhood and pick any school. It needs to start at home from childhood. The respect, the homework, the dinner table, the absenteeism and going every day and earning a grammar school education and working all the way up. And the schools, the teachers, should be ensured to hopefully be as good as any other public schooling. But ensuring safety is paramount for new teachers. And hopefully that starts at the dinner table and in a generation you have an entirely new school system, black or white. Continue on up throughout college. Opportunity to be there, to EARN ones way in, and taught how to handle things financially and geared towards ones future. Get rid of as much of indoctrination as possible. Make possibilities happen. Just a few sentences, but I think education from kindergarten to 12th grade is HUGE. A kids entire future may be molded based on those years, what they are taught at home and in school, and how well they do and how many doors they open for their future. Believe it or not, I think this, not police, is one of the biggest things that can be fixed over time in order to see some great change.

Crime and drugs. Needs to be fixed in many ways. I believe the visible crime and drugs lead to more. And when more and more kids are wearing their "bling" and hundreds of hundred dollar bills, while they make $80 a week at Mickey D's - becomes enticing. Shouldn't be hard to steer a child the right way, to shun that garbage on the corners and understand that their lives will change and they will earn money legally and have homes and wives/husbands and families and all they can dream of and strive for - and be alive to get there.

Healthcare I think comes along with all of the above. When a parent does all that is good and decent, they will likely have insurance of some form on their own or via their employer. This helps their family too. And when kids start young, stick with an education and get involved in sports and other activities.... They will love playing the sports, they will make friends of the right kind, they will have alternatives in life than seeing the bling crew on the street corner. This normally leads to all kinds of good and decent things for them, now and in their futures. And when it's their time, they will likely follow suit like their old man or Mom and have insurance, family.... something better to show than prison or death or non-stop racial division.

Criminal justice and prison. Enough with the majority of drugs in the drug war, and especially related to sending folks to prison for such crimes. Now if someone is found with 100 kilos of deadly heroin onto our streets, away they go. But if someone is nailed with a 1lb or marijuana for personal use, or busted in the park smoking a joint with friends - no need to imprison folks for that, IMO. Difficult for people to pick and choose which drugs get the harsher treatment and which don't, which are more harmful than the others. Maybe as an honest person who may, just may, have tried most here or there, even if only once. Anything, in my opinion, that is pharmaceutical and made with deadly concoctions, no need to have that garbage around. But if someone is smoking a plant, which is 100% natural, and has never taken anyone's life before - then I fail to see the harm, and certainly fail to see why so many people with petty smoking and possession crimes are sitting in jail. Need a revamp on just a couple of less or fully harmful drugs if no harm is done to society at all. And of course in addition, the penalties need to apply equally across the board. If a first time crime for a black person, it should be no different than a first time crime penalty of a white person. Same with all crimes, IMO. Same with all sentencing. In fact, Lady Liberty is blind, and our justice system SHOULD already be being applied equally. But not always the case.

Just the tip of the iceberg as I said, and only 5 or 6 quick touching of things I think need fixing. I do think republicans are out there with similar messages, and stated better than this dummy, but the lessons and the message seem to get lost quite quickly. The fix is many things. Each one needs to be addressed individually, IMO. And there will not be change overnight, in a week or maybe not even a year or two. It needs the addressing of many issues, and time needs to be taken, both sides need to come in understanding and fully willing to make change. It CANNOT be a fight. Folks CANNOT rip things down, or destroy communities in order to force change.
    Reparations -- need another word because "reparations" are deserved/earned -- will lead only to a demand for more reparations.

A lot of the problem is blacks don't want a fix. They want a handout disguised as something owed them because an ancestor was a slave 160 years ago. They are brought up in a culture that has taught them to believe they are owed, and don't want to hear anything else. They're STILL waiting for Uncle Abe to make everything wonderful for them. THIS is one of the biggest problems. No one can fix the "slave mentality" they bring themselves up in.

Between the MSM, left/Dems and black activists who are making a LOT of money over "racism" have no desire to fix the problem. The whole goal of the left is to keep us divided. If we're so busy squabbling over the table scraps that hit the floor, no one's paying attention to the ones making off with whole bird.

So yeah, there's no one thing, and in fact, there are many. Too many to fix when it isn't in the best interest of half the argument to fix them. In the meantime, you got the new kids on the block using them as a smokescreen for their commie crap because that bunch just doesn't want to work. They're entitled too.

It's going to take a war, regardless the means used, and unfortunately, the revolutionaries usually win. They lose in the end but that is no solace to what they have destroyed. The people that make up "the right" don't have what it takes to win, much less make things right. They're too busy being divisive among themselves.

26. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

BTW, the NFL isn't THAT stupid (debatable depending on topic). If a football fan had to choose which games to write off watching, it would be the first ones. IF there is any kind of a stand by viewers against the new policy, it'll quietly go away.

If I had the money, I'd pay people I know are fans to not watch the games.