Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    BTW, the NFL isn't THAT stupid (debatable depending on topic). If a football fan had to choose which games to write off watching, it would be the first ones. IF there is any kind of a stand by viewers against the new policy, it'll quietly go away.

If I had the money, I'd pay people I know are fans to not watch the games.
    Don't underestimate the stupidity of Goodell. I hope they take a huge hit. And the NBA too. Both leagues are a shadow of what they used to be anyway; even aside from this political horseshit.

2. Thanks Gunny, Russ thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Don't underestimate the stupidity of Goodell. I hope they take a huge hit. And the NBA too. Both leagues are a shadow of what they used to be anyway; even aside from this political horseshit.
    I stand corrected. I forgot about Goodell. Never mind
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I agree Russ...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I just listened to this with Abbey... and it was great! Loved it! These guys are absolutely right, and were entertaining also.

Not sure why you would think anyone would get pissed off, ICSI?

I was just suggesting the IDEA they make fun of so well would piss some off at first.

These two guys are great. Wish the rest of the Country could see, and hear them.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Russ, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Agreed, Gunny. Popovich is a brilliant coach, but spouts off like an a-hole thinking that NBA coaches are in a position to tell people what to think about politics. What a jerk.

I was a big Sixers fan, but am dropping the NBA and NFL now. Both leagues are full of a bunch of a-hole players and managers, and I can’t watch sports played by people I dislike. I also resent the leagues for inviting politics into the game itself. I watch sports to get away from that stuff. Correction - I USED TO watch sports to get away from that stuff.
    I was Dr J's biggest fan and anybody says otherwise better lace 'em up I wore Ponies and could finger roll. I had to unlearn doing it so I could make a layup off the board the right way

When he went to the Nets?, I was done with the Sixers and no longer lived on the East Coast. Miami didn't have a team then anyway. San Antonio got the Dallas Chaparrals in the league merger so we got Gervin and the A-Train anyway.

The leagues are ruining (well, ruining more than they were before) the games for the fans. The officiating sucks and so do the pussy rules. They want to cave to a bunch of political bullshit as well? I got better things to do than sit in front of the tube for 3 hours and find out what a bunch of half-literate athletes think politically.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I was Dr J's biggest fan and anybody says otherwise better lace 'em up I wore Ponies and could finger roll. I had to unlearn doing it so I could make a layup off the board the right way

When he went to the Nets?, I was done with the Sixers and no longer lived on the East Coast. Miami didn't have a team then anyway. San Antonio got the Dallas Chaparrals in the league merger so we got Gervin and the A-Train anyway.

The leagues are ruining (well, ruining more than they were before) the games for the fans. The officiating sucks and so do the pussy rules. They want to cave to a bunch of political bullshit as well? I got better things to do than sit in front of the tube for 3 hours and find out what a bunch of half-literate athletes think politically.
    No way, I was definitely Dr J's biggest fan. Okay, let's lace 'em up and meet on the court. Did you get to see him in his ABA days with the Nets? That must have been incredible. I saw his entire Sixers career, and that will never be matched, in my opinion.

Btw, back when I joined the board, here's an excerpt from my interview, conducted by my buddy Tyr:
    5. Who are your heroes past and/or present? Feel free to include family members if desired and tell us why they are/were so special.

Here are three favorite heroes of mine
    1. Julius Erving – One of the greatest NBA players ever, inventor of the tomahawk dunk, and did it all with a ton of class. Michael Jordan was following Dr J’s footsteps, except without the class.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

10. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

No way, I was definitely Dr J's biggest fan. Okay, let's lace 'em up and meet on the court. Did you get to see him in his ABA days with the Nets? That must have been incredible. I saw his entire Sixers career, and that will never be matched, in my opinion.

Btw, back when I joined the board, here's an excerpt from my interview, conducted by my buddy Tyr:
    5. Who are your heroes past and/or present? Feel free to include family members if desired and tell us why they are/were so special.

Here are three favorite heroes of mine
    1. Julius Erving – One of the greatest NBA players ever, inventor of the tomahawk dunk, and did it all with a ton of class. Michael Jordan was following Dr J’s footsteps, except without the class.
    I recall sitting there in front of the tube watching him reach from behind the backboard and finger roll the ball in against the Lakers in the 80 finals. I just sat there and stared until the replay confirmed, yes, he DID just do that. Was Game 7 I think, and the Sixers were down and the Lakers had taken out Cheeks, Toney and Jones. Dawkins probably had already fouled out. (Dirty, cheating scum).

The second half was Dr J vs the Lakers and he almost beat them by himself. Even Jordan never impressed me like that. Jordan had a team AND a bench. I think Jones believed in a 2 deep bench

One thing about Dr J and Jordan that impressed me is BOTH were good for the sport and set good examples.

You don't want to mess with me, bro. I got two new pair of Reeboks and a Spalding in the closet. Along with my Kevin McHale, white boy ankle brace and this Iron Man junk for my knee I got when I was in the hospital. I am good to go. Considering I haven't played in 20 years Probably break an ankle first time I tried to pivot

12. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Gunny, is this the move?

I remember this play. The best single play I've seen, imho. Finals, Sixers vs Lakers, and it got a standing ovation at the LA Coliseum.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Gunny, is this the move?

I remember this play. The best single play I've seen, imho. Finals, Sixers vs Lakers, and it got a standing ovation at the LA Coliseum.
    That was it. I was like, they had him out bounds. Like Magic says, he HAD TO come down. I thought it was over. And he pulls that shot off.

I agree that is the BEST play I have seen on a basketball court, or off for that matter. It STILL makes you say F-N A!

16. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Totally agree!

Btw, I meet your pair of Reeboks and raise you a pair of Nikes and will meet you on the court. I've got a kind of Adrian Dantley style on the court - which is to say 'tenacious'. Win or lose, you would be hobbling the next day.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Best quote in Basketball, and I heard Him say it from my seat at the game:

Patrick Ewing to his defender: “You gonna hold my hand all night?”
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

20. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Totally agree!

Btw, I meet your pair of Reeboks and raise you a pair of Nikes and will meet you on the court. I've got a kind of Adrian Dantley style on the court - which is to say 'tenacious'. Win or lose, you would be hobbling the next day.
    Got my memory sort of working again. It was Game 4. Might as well have been Game 7. Probably why I remember it as the Sixers last gasp.

I also previously promoted Bobby Jones to coach when it was Cunningham. Jones was their token white boy guard and he WAS "the bench". It WAS "only" 40 years ago. I had long hair

I'm good with the Reeboks. I won't buy a Nike product. AND, they're 90s throwbacks so I'm good in them. You ain't going to hurt me, even if you can take a rat trap to the finger and not cry I play EVERY sport like Jack Lambert. Even ping pong

22. Likes Abbey Marie, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

THIS is REALLY going to gripe my ass but I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a stinking, lying cheating, dirty Washington Redskins flag or hat or something. The very idea makes me want to puke, but the idea of changing their name is even worse. Changing the name of my most hated enemy a rival of yesteryear is just wrong.

And for WHAT? Anybody here ever see or hear anyone call injuns "redskins" outside Hollywood movies? The Native Americans themselves described themselves as "red skin". Now, if their name was the Washington Injuns, I could see them complaining, even though that word too is merely a result of illiterate whites.

Next on the chopping block: "Engine". After all ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Washington Redskins don't need to change their name. Just change the logo:

Easy-Oven-Roasted-Red-Skin-Potatoes-Recipe-11.jpg

25. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The Washington Redskins don't need to change their name. Just change the logo:

Easy-Oven-Roasted-Red-Skin-Potatoes-Recipe-11.jpg
    No offense, but I'm just not feeling the fear with that on the side of a helmet

27. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Might as well just call themselves the 'Washington Democrats' to remind future generations how the name change came to be.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock