Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Stone Mountain Monument

So another one with a long history. But nonetheless, it was American history and shouldn't be destroyed. It cannot ever go to a museum and certainly shouldn't disappear. The folks on the mountain weren't saints, but they are American history. And not everything is racist.

Throughout all of history there have been amazing things, and some truly horrible things. Always remembered and discussed as part of history and text books, and lessons to be learned, and also things that changed the world, good or bad. And the same with American history. Some truly amazing things accomplished, and absolutely still many bad things in our history. And same thing, no way should be forgotten, and should be discussed and in books and what not. I'm not saying glorify it, but it's history, to be remembered, and to be learned from - good or bad. I truly hate people thinking they can just get rid of history, get rid of anything that THEY disagree with, or that THEY think shouldn't be where it's at - from text books to monuments.

But the attitude as of late has been "This thing should be sitting in a museum, so let's destroy it and toss it in the harbor so it's gone forever".

This started with any and all confederate related statues.

Now comes down Christopher Columbus statues. Our first president, George Washington (an aside, a potential VP, Tammy Duckworth, has stated she may not have an issue with this...), Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Texas Ranger statue "One Riot, One Ranger", another Christopher Columbus and Juan Ponce de Leon.... now folks are targeting religious artifacts and statues of Jesus, some want Mount Rushmore to come down, and of course the title here Stone Mountain.

Rhode Island changes full name, folks in St. Louis want name change, in the IT world, getting rid of tech terms "master slave", schools changing names...

Demands, Demands, demands, then destroy, destroy destroy - then governors, mayors and others are bending over to give in and accommodate them. Destruction of history for future generations. 50 years from now, if they fully succeed - people won't know who Stonewall Jackson was, Robert E. Lee will be history, ooops, no he won't, not anymore... they want to get rid of and rewrite things. Trump is America's 39th president or so to them, just destroy and get rid of those they didn't like.

So anyway, rant over. But THIS is NOT any type of answer. These folks rock n roll into town heavily armed and ready for war. They outright state they are NOT here to protest, that they want an eye for an eye. They want reparations. Not just money - maybe give them Texas and let them create their own nation. They will NOT even entertain or talk to white people anymore. They claim to be "former shooters" from the military, and now a militia.

Luckily nothing happened at this event. But again, going in with weapons prepared to shoot the police or citizens, anyone even thinking of bringing them harm, making demands... It's just more division, more suggestions of and statements of violence being the answer. Wrong, whether them or a white militia. If folks truly want to get rid of racial division and fix things in America, the answer is unity and a long sustained effort in many areas. But at least these folks here, no desire for unity anymore. Preparing for a black/white civil war if they had their way.

---

Here's an article covering things, and then a few videos to watch, which really show and tell the story.

Predominantly Black armed protesters march through Confederate memorial park in Georgia

(Reuters) - A predominantly Black group of heavily armed protesters marched through Stone Mountain Park near Atlanta on Saturday, calling for removal of the giant Confederate rock carving at the site that civil rights activists consider a monument to racism.

Video footage of the Independence Day rally posted on social media showed scores of demonstrators dressed in black - many in paramilitary-style clothing and all wearing face scarves - quietly parading several abreast down a sidewalk at the park.

Many of the protesters carried rifles, including military-type weapons, and some wore ammunition belts slung over their shoulders. Although African Americans appeared to account for the vast majority of the marchers, protesters of various races, men and women alike, were among the group.

One video clip showed a leader of the demonstrators, who was not identified, shouting into a loudspeaker in a challenge to white supremacists who historically have used Stone Mountain as a rallying spot of their own.

"I don't see no white militia," he declared. "We're here. Where ... you at? We're in your house. Let's go."

John Bankhead, a spokesman for the Stone Mountain Memorial Association, said the protesters were peaceful and orderly.

"It's a public park, a state park. We have these protests on both sides of the issue from time to time. We respect people's First Amendment right," Bankhead told NBC affiliate station WXIA-TV.

"We understand the sensitivities of the issue here at the park ... so we respect that and allow them to come in as long as it's peaceful, which it has been."

Stone Mountain, which reopened for the holiday weekend following a weeks-long closure over the coronavirus, has faced renewed calls for its removal since the May 25 death of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man, at the hands of Minneapolis police.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/predomina...053912470.html

And rather than go thru hell to host the videos - you need to click on them to go their and watch, one extra click.

This is the better of the 2, but 8 minutes long. A lot of discussion among them to hear, and then a confrontation with a white guy in a car.

"This Is The Birth Place Of KKK. I'm In Your House" More Footage Of Black Militia Group, NFAC, Sending A Message At KKK HQ's + Confronts Driver!

https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/vide...9QzTz7VI0vsqj4

Rolling Deep: Gun Owners Armed With Machine Guns Marching In "Stone Mountain, GA" Which Allegedly Has A Lot Of KKK Members!

https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/vide...073j6pUoJA1AXo
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Been a long time since i've been around that area or that part of my family. I would assume some people are going to get shot before it's over if the whiners persist marching around with firearms and try to deface the monument.

Then again, I've thought a lot of people wouldn't be putting up with the crap they've just sat silent and watched the past couple of months.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Been a long time since i've been around that area or that part of my family. I would assume some people are going to get shot before it's over if the whiners persist marching around with firearms and try to deface the monument.

Then again, I've thought a lot of people wouldn't be putting up with the crap they've just sat silent and watched the past couple of months.
    Yes it feels like no one cares

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

The big problem is- if you end up taking live fire action, even in self defense against any of that ilk- the media and the justice system will crucify you.
    And it will not matter how in the right you were- your life will be over.
    A lot of people know the reality of hat and want no part of it, imho.
    So these damn worthless vermin are protected six ways from Sunday..-- Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The big problem is- if you end up taking live fire action, even in self defense against any of that ilk- the media and the justice system will crucify you.
    And it will not matter how in the right you were- your life will be over.
    A lot of people know the reality of hat and want no part of it, imho.
    So these damn worthless vermin are protected six ways from Sunday..-- Tyr
    Good point. So, if anyone was to engage in a shooting war with the bad guys who own the media that blows smoke up everyone's asses telling them they are the good guys I would say don't plan on making it out alive, and don't leave an identifiable corpse for them to defile.

In the meantime, they have to attack uphill. One bullet, one body, and have LOTS of bullets
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Good point. So, if anyone was to engage in a shooting war with the bad guys who own the media that blows smoke up everyone's asses telling them they are the good guys I would say don't plan on making it out alive, and don't leave an identifiable corpse for them to defile.

In the meantime, they have to attack uphill. One bullet, one body, and have LOTS of bullets
    Dead on the mark correct. Any that fight on the right side must be prepared to endure immense sacrifice.
    Mainstream Media is as big of an enemy as are those out there rioting and desperate to crash this nation.
    They need to be delivered a true and a completely uncompromising justice too, imho....----Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Dead on the mark correct. Any that fight on the right side must be prepared to endure immense sacrifice.
    Mainstream Media is as big of an enemy as are those out there rioting and desperate to crash this nation.
    They need to be delivered a true and a completely uncompromising justice too, imho....----Tyr
    I'm under no delusions about the left and the MSM. If pushed that far, my sole goal is to pave the way to Valhalla with bodies of my enemies

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post