I love to see a young kid come into the NFL and light the place up. We've seen it most recently with Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. Not a huge fan of the running QB myself, but love a good passing game and the deep ball! And I also love to see someone get paid for their hard work. And yeah, I know, they do work hard, NFL is no easy business.

But $400 million?????? That's a lot of money likely up front and a lot of everything! So basically a $40 million dollar per year deal, securing his future in the NFL and his family, and their family and all their neighbors too!

He should and they better hope he continues to perform, and they get perhaps more than yardage to show for it as well, as in more championships and division wins. If not, it will be the worst deal in history. Either way, Mahomes is set for life.

--

Patrick Mahomes Reportedly Signs 10-Year $400 Million Extension With KC Chiefs, Richest Contract in NFL History

Super Bowl LIV-champion QB Pat Mahomes has reportedly signed a blockbuster 10-year extension with the Kansas City Chiefs for more than $400 million, ensuring the 2018 NFL MVP will remain with the team for the next 12 years.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Mahomes had two years left on his current contract, so his massive extension means his minimum salary through 2032 would be $427.6 million.

Mahomes’ mega-deal dwarfs the previous biggest NFL contract, which involved Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan, who signed a five-year, $150-million contract in 2018.

Rest - https://www.mediaite.com/sports/patr...n-nfl-history/