Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Another president comes down

Have I said yet that this is getting out of hand? And when Trump mentions the future and them possibly doing so, he was scoffed at. And now it's way more even than just Washington or Lincoln. This is quite sad to keep watching. The rewriting of history before our very eyes. And yes, it IS history, even the monuments themselves. At least they WERE a part of history in many locations.

And seems like the more they come down, the more emboldened folks get, and then other idiots jump the bandwagon as if they have to for some reason.

--

Mississippi Capital to Take Down Andrew Jackson Monument

The Jackson, Mississippi, city council voted Tuesday to take down a City Hall monument of its namesake — Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States — by a vote of 5-to-1.

After the vote was tallied, Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba (D) asserted that the time had come for a “divorce” between the state’s capital and the “legacy of a brutal owner of enslaved people who was instrumental in initiating the Trail of Tears against indigenous people.”

“While removing a statue does little to change our condition as oppressed people, we should not have to constantly encounter the likeness of those who profited off of the blood, sweat, and despair of our ancestors or see them immortalized as honorable,” Lumumba added.

Ward 1 Councilman Ashby Foote (R) voted to keep the statue in place.

“I’m a big history buff. The whole idea of tearing down historical statues and monuments is generally a bad idea. We need to understand our history, not tear it down,” Foote stated.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...kson-monument/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Have I said yet that this is getting out of hand? And when Trump mentions the future and them possibly doing so, he was scoffed at. And now it's way more even than just Washington or Lincoln. This is quite sad to keep watching. The rewriting of history before our very eyes. And yes, it IS history, even the monuments themselves. At least they WERE a part of history in many locations.

And seems like the more they come down, the more emboldened folks get, and then other idiots jump the bandwagon as if they have to for some reason.

--

Mississippi Capital to Take Down Andrew Jackson Monument

The Jackson, Mississippi, city council voted Tuesday to take down a City Hall monument of its namesake — Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States — by a vote of 5-to-1.

After the vote was tallied, Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba (D) asserted that the time had come for a “divorce” between the state’s capital and the “legacy of a brutal owner of enslaved people who was instrumental in initiating the Trail of Tears against indigenous people.”

“While removing a statue does little to change our condition as oppressed people, we should not have to constantly encounter the likeness of those who profited off of the blood, sweat, and despair of our ancestors or see them immortalized as honorable,” Lumumba added.

Ward 1 Councilman Ashby Foote (R) voted to keep the statue in place.

“I’m a big history buff. The whole idea of tearing down historical statues and monuments is generally a bad idea. We need to understand our history, not tear it down,” Foote stated.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...kson-monument/
    It's like they're trying outdo each other now
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

These dem/leftist vermin need a damn finely delivered attitude adjustment , imho.
    We either do something about it now or it will be too late. I think we as a nation
    will let it be too late.
    They are destroying history so that their lies are not so easily exposed-the ffing dems are pure leftists and truly nation hating pieces of shit!!!
    Question is--will they ever be stopped, short of a immensely tragic and massively disastrous civil war?
    I fault Trump for not using his authority to arrest them by the thousands, including many politicians(99% dems) that are engaging in dereliction of duty and/or treasonous acts, imho!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    These dem/leftist vermin need a damn finely delivered attitude adjustment , imho.
    We either do something about it now or it will be too late. I think we as a nation
    will let it be too late.
    They are destroying history so that their lies are not so easily exposed-the ffing dems are pure leftists and truly nation hating pieces of shit!!!
    Question is--will they ever be stopped, short of a immensely tragic and massively disastrous civil war?
    I fault Trump for not using his authority to arrest them by the thousands, including many politicians(99% dems) that are engaging in dereliction of duty and/or treasonous acts, imho!--Tyr
    I fault the President for not taking charge. I consider his actions so far UNSAT.

We've faced both this virus and all this anarchy, violence and destruction without the leader at the helm. I firmly believe it is going to hurt him, and it's not like he's got a lot of numbers to give away.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I fault the President for not taking charge. I consider his actions so far UNSAT.

We've faced both this virus and all this anarchy, violence and destruction without the leader at the helm. I firmly believe it is going to hurt him, and it's not like he's got a lot of numbers to give away.
    Problem is he is damned if he does or damned if he don't take meaningful action.
    Thus a realistic look at that reality says just do what is right--stop the dem led bullshit- start arresting the assholes and do not let up until
    it is fully shut down.....-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Problem is he is damned if he does or damned if he don't take meaningful action.
    Thus a realistic look at that reality says just do what is right--stop the dem led bullshit- start arresting the assholes and do not let up until
    it is fully shut down.....-Tyr
    I understand his position. Couple of things:

If he takes action and is damned by the left, so what? Not like he's getting any points from them.

If he doesn't take action and loses votes from his constituents who expect him to take charge and lead, not make "damned if I do - damned if I don't" excuses, THEN he is MORE damned because he's actually losing something.

The right thing for him to do is take charge and lead. And do the right thing. Right now we are in a Nation being run by lefties and anarchists while he does nothing about it. A couple of months ago he was a shoe-in for reelection. Now? Not so much.

12. Likes SassyLady, Kathianne liked this post