Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Man believes he may be vaccinated against COVID-19

So let's all cross our fingers!

That vaccine is actually this close. Sounds promising at first glance, that the antibodies have been going up. If this works and he becomes more or less immune, then I wanna be one of the first 100 million guinea pigs!

--

Man believes he may be vaccinated against COVID-19

David Rach took part in clinical study for drug made by Pfizer

BALTIMORE – A graduate student in Maryland believes that he may be the first person to be successfully vaccinated against the coronavirus.

David Rach became the first person to be injected with a trial COVID-19 vaccine, made by Pfizer, at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.

According to researchers, early indications show the vaccine is working by stimulating the growth of antibodies at rates equal or higher to those who have the illness.

“There is also a component of relief seeing that it’s actually producing results that the vaccine is producing antibodies,” Rach said.

Rach isn’t sure if he received the actual vaccine or a saline solution, but after a slight reaction from receiving a second dose, he believes he is one of the very few people in the world vaccinated against COVID-19.

“It’s exciting. It’s exciting from the side of a participant, it’s exciting from the side of a graduate student studying immunology and it is also exciting in hopefully the promise of a vaccine by next year and life returning to a semblance of normal,” Rach said.

Rach is expected to be checked again in the following months to see if he truly does have immunity against the coronavirus.

Pfizer says that if all goes according to plan, they hope to have 100 million doses of the vaccine before the end of the year.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...inst-covid-19/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I hope so!

Btw, I’m thankful for people willing to be the guinea pigs for vaccines.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post