Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
Further, as far as body strength goes... I would point out that America's most highly decorated soldier and undisputed badass, Audie Murphy, was rejected for being too small by the Army, Navy and Marines in WWII when he tried to enlist.

He was 5' 5" and 112#.

The Army finally accepted him, as we all know he was a wrecking machine on the battlefield.

As far as women being a distraction... yeah, I can see that point but if she's qualified then she's got the right to be there. Yeah, there will be issues but that's the reality of things and sidelining an otherwise exceptional soldier just because she's a woman is unfair.

That, to me, is like derailing a black guy because he's black. If he's qualified and does the job then he deserves to be there, and that goes for any job - not just the military.

OTOH, if anyone gets a pass because of sex or race, then you've harmed the organization by allowing substandard people into the mix - and that's bullshit. If we're going to be gender-blind, then there should never be a lessening of standards to bend the rules to accommodate.
I must emphasize...I never said she, or any other female didn't have a right to do what she wants as a member of the GREEN Beret. Problem is, honestly speaking. I remember seeing far too many abuses (almost like intentionally looking the other way). But that was back in the 90's. I know the world has changed. And the military is no longer what I would recognize.