Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Ariz. Gov. Ducey Outlines Major Increase In COVID Testing Efforts Amid Rise In Cases

@Kathianne & @SassyLady Y'all can relax now. The Governor's got your backs

Seriously, I haven't figured out what the rush to testing folks is about. Not like they have a cure on tap, and the AZ beds are 90% capacity. Is this just so you'll know beforehand you're going to get sick?

I personally want to find out only one thing from it: that I already had it and it didn't affect me

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 10:00 AM PT —Saturday, July 11, 2020

Thousands more people have been infected as Arizona continues to battle rising cases of coronavirus. State health officials reported 4,000 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Friday, leaving Arizona with the highest rate of infection per capita in the nation.
    According to data from Johns Hopkins, these additional cases have put the state’s total to over 116,000. The state has also reported at least 13,800 recoveries.
    Amid the surge of new cases, 90% of Arizona’s intensive care units are at capacity. Several mayors have called on Governor Doug Ducey to implement more precautions, such as a statewide mask mandate, and encourage residents to stay home.
    In the meantime, he has issued an executive order limiting indoor dining capacity to 50%.
    “The objective here is if you are going to eat inside, to make sure there are as few people as possible inside that establishment,” said Ducey. “So, you’re safer at home.”

The governor also announced health authorities will increase testing efforts throughout the state in the following weeks.
    “This will be an exponential increase in tests and processing tests,” he added. “We will be at 35,000 tests by the end of July (and) 60,000 test per day by the end of August.”
    These efforts will have a special focus on lower income sections of Phoenix, where many residents have little to no access to test sites. Currently, most people in the state must wait a week or more to receive their test results.

The governor went on to encourage citizens to stay home if possible. He highlighted the positive results of his executive order to close bars and gyms two weeks prior.
    Ducey also reiterated he is currently leaving it up to local governments to decide on public mask requirements.
    https://www.oann.com/ariz-gov-ducey-...rise-in-cases/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

4,000 in one day? Kath, can you take some vacation now? I’m worried about you working with the public.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    4,000 in one day? Kath, can you take some vacation now? I’m worried about you working with the public.
    Not right now. I'm pretty much of the mindset that I'll keep doing what I'm doing, mask up; wash hands often; social distance at least 6'. I'm actually trying to cashier more and work electronics less. Cashier is behind plexi, while working in electronics it's much harder to keep 6' and ignorant people at bay.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Not right now. I'm pretty much of the mindset that I'll keep doing what I'm doing, mask up; wash hands often; social distance at least 6'. I'm actually trying to cashier more and work electronics less. Cashier is behind plexi, while working in electronics it's much harder to keep 6' and ignorant people at bay.
    I have no idea how we are doing here. We're locked down to include the bases.

At the moment, it's 105 and virus or no, everyone's inside. We're looking at the same temps all week. I don't know if that helps or hurts the COVID situation. I know there ain't no virus alive outside its host around here right now
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I have no idea how we are doing here. We're locked down to include the bases.

At the moment, it's 105 and virus or no, everyone's inside. We're looking at the same temps all week. I don't know if that helps or hurts the COVID situation. I know there ain't no virus alive outside its host around here right now
    They’re all outside here,it’s 116 now at nearly 7 pm. Going to be like this for awhile .

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I mentioned in another thread that my CVS has drive through testing. I've already been tested for antibodies so I know that I haven't had it yet.

On another note regarding weather in Arizona ... We had a sudden, and I mean sudden, haboob. Sitting outside by pool, had just gotten out and was watching standoff between our local bobcat and one of our resident does (tagged and collared #9021) at water trough when I noticed lightning out of corner of my eye. Too close to be out by pool so started picking up my stuff and made it down steps to bottom of pool area when hard wind and dirt hit us.

Alerts said monsoon storm was SE of us for previous hour and never said we were in path. Kept getting flood alerts from Weather Channel app but not worried because not in our area. In fact, radar showed rain bypassing us to the east of Tucson.

Well, just as we made it inside house a Government Emergency Alert came through on phones regarding dust storm. In 5 years I've lived here never had one sneak up on us like that. That emergency alert is unsettling when more than one phone goes off.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post