Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Drop The 'Tough Guy' Except For China-Trump Wins

In most ways I agree with this in entirety. Just not sure Trump can do it.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trumps..._3426592.html#

Trump’s Road to Victory Is Through China
    Roger L. Simon
    July 16, 2020 Updated: July 16, 2020

Brad Pascale is out as campaign manager, meaning something is rotten in the State of Trump.

That something is the poll numbers, trust them or not. The president cannot afford to rely on the assumption the country is filled with closet Trump voters loath to admit their preference lest they suffer retribution that these days can range from job loss to (no exaggeration) rigor mortis.

Pascale is being replaced by GOP veteran Bill Stepien but the election won’t be decided by campaign managers. It will be decided by the candidates.

Trump has to resist the temptation to relive the glory of 2016, as amazing a campaign as it was. As a television personality, he should realize it’s a new season. He needs a fresh approach.

But first he must abandon, at least for now, what I called his “signal-to-noise” problem. No more pointless tweets attacking the likes of Joe Scarborough. Who cares? No distractions in general.

As Magic Johnson used to say, this is “winnin’ time.”

And the road to winning is through Communist China.

They are the ones causing all the trouble in the world today, especially in the USA, but basically everywhere. Almost every contemporary problem stems from China in some manner, if you examine it carefully.

They have infiltrated our finest educational institutions to an astonishing degree that we are only beginning to understand. In a very real way, they have been propagandizing us for years with the acquiescence of officials of our greatest universities.

We have all been lied to about China again and again and again.

The president must make that one hundred percent clear to the American public that has been brainwashed by a media that will say anything that would aid in his defeat.

It’s not an easy assignment in a short time.

Successfully done, however, this will win the election for Trump because, as luck would have it, or perhaps it’s something more sinister than that, his opponent, Joe Biden, has been tied intimately to our failed, corrupt and highly dangerous Communist China policy for years.

The former vice president was high up among the many officials of our country that have been selling us out to China for decades.

Only a few months ago Joe was pooh-poohing the idea that China was our competition. You may have seen the video. He went so far as to say their success was important to the world and would make things better. (Perhaps he meant his son’s bank account.)

Trump can make a case for being the first president to confront Communist China in any serious way because he was and is.

Tie China to the plagues of today, make it clear what that means—it’s not that difficult—and he will have a second term.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Not so much "can" he do it, but does he see it and "will" he do it? I'm not seeing it. The Republican Party missed a bet when they didn't call themselves the "Party of disappointment".
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    In most ways I agree with this in entirety. Just not sure Trump can do it.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trumps..._3426592.html#

Trump’s Road to Victory Is Through China
    Roger L. Simon
    July 16, 2020 Updated: July 16, 2020

Brad Pascale is out as campaign manager, meaning something is rotten in the State of Trump.

That something is the poll numbers, trust them or not. The president cannot afford to rely on the assumption the country is filled with closet Trump voters loath to admit their preference lest they suffer retribution that these days can range from job loss to (no exaggeration) rigor mortis.

Pascale is being replaced by GOP veteran Bill Stepien but the election won’t be decided by campaign managers. It will be decided by the candidates.

Trump has to resist the temptation to relive the glory of 2016, as amazing a campaign as it was. As a television personality, he should realize it’s a new season. He needs a fresh approach.

But first he must abandon, at least for now, what I called his “signal-to-noise” problem. No more pointless tweets attacking the likes of Joe Scarborough. Who cares? No distractions in general.

As Magic Johnson used to say, this is “winnin’ time.”

And the road to winning is through Communist China.

They are the ones causing all the trouble in the world today, especially in the USA, but basically everywhere. Almost every contemporary problem stems from China in some manner, if you examine it carefully.

They have infiltrated our finest educational institutions to an astonishing degree that we are only beginning to understand. In a very real way, they have been propagandizing us for years with the acquiescence of officials of our greatest universities.

We have all been lied to about China again and again and again.

The president must make that one hundred percent clear to the American public that has been brainwashed by a media that will say anything that would aid in his defeat.

It’s not an easy assignment in a short time.

Successfully done, however, this will win the election for Trump because, as luck would have it, or perhaps it’s something more sinister than that, his opponent, Joe Biden, has been tied intimately to our failed, corrupt and highly dangerous Communist China policy for years.

The former vice president was high up among the many officials of our country that have been selling us out to China for decades.

Only a few months ago Joe was pooh-poohing the idea that China was our competition. You may have seen the video. He went so far as to say their success was important to the world and would make things better. (Perhaps he meant his son’s bank account.)

Trump can make a case for being the first president to confront Communist China in any serious way because he was and is.

Tie China to the plagues of today, make it clear what that means—it’s not that difficult—and he will have a second term.
    Seems I have been far, far ahead of the curve-since I have been criticizing China since my arriving here from another site.
    And was criticizing China at that site for about 8 years previous. I wrote my senior High term paper in 1973 on China and I spared no ink
    while criticizing exactly what it truly was and what an avowed enemy it would in the future be!
    Only took 47 years for validation of my 1973 words, adamant criticisms and predictions.
    And my projected time frame back then was in about 40 to 50 years!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Kathianne and All here.

Wish I could share some of the information I personally read about China while I was in uniform, and had access to things I could be punished for today. (I believe). I have no doubt. If I read some of the things back in the 1980's while stationed at what was called NTCC H.R., THE PRESIDENT has much more access, and knowledge today about EVERY country who hates us.

Truth is. What we are prevented from learning from the Liberal sided, Anti-American MSM can be found...word for word on GOOGLE..if you know where, and how to choose key words that will steer you where you want to go.
    I'm not trying to sound like Mr. Knowitall...but ALL OF US have access to things that were once considered Classified.

That is probably why I trust, and respect the President so much. He and those around him...I FEEL, Are the only people in Washington I dare to say I trust. Dems and Repub politician are NOT FOR WE THE PEOPLE. Period.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

8. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Wish I could share some of the information I personally read about China while I was in uniform, and had access to things I could be punished for today. (I believe). I have no doubt. If I read some of the things back in the 1980's while stationed at what was called NTCC H.R., THE PRESIDENT has much more access, and knowledge today about EVERY country who hates us.

Truth is. What we are prevented from learning from the Liberal sided, Anti-American MSM can be found...word for word on GOOGLE..if you know where, and how to choose key words that will steer you where you want to go.
    I'm not trying to sound like Mr. Knowitall...but ALL OF US have access to things that were once considered Classified.

That is probably why I trust, and respect the President so much. He and those around him...I FEEL, Are the only people in Washington I dare to say I trust. Dems and Repub politician are NOT FOR WE THE PEOPLE. Period.

10. Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

That's always bugged me as well. "What am I allowed to say that I know?" I'm not Hitlery. Disclosing classified info is a crime -- Federal felony -- at MY pay grade.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks icansayit, Black Diamond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes icansayit, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I've seen dozens of articles giving Trump advice on how to modify his behavior for a 'sure win' in November. Some have points I agree with personally, most lament his combative Twitter activity.

He's not a politician. He's a brawler. He's not going to take a shot to the nuts and smile through the tears like Dubya did, taking the high road.

The bitter hatred for the GOP began in earnest in 2000 when Gore lost the SCOTUS battle over Florida. That's when the unrelenting attacks began and the Media began aiding the leftists - Dan Rather's despicable attack based on outright falsehoods was the first glimpse into how far the media was willing to go, and damn the supposed objectivity. Rather got fired, but he wouldn't be today for the same stunt.

For all 8 years, Dubya never fought back. The silence only emboldened the left. Nazi, War Criminal, Draft Dodger, Bloodthirsty, Traitor, Alcoholic, Cocaine Fiend, Womanizer, Fake Christian, Religious Fanatic, Controlled by the Jews, Anti-Semite, Stupid, Misogynist, Racist, all of these things and more were increasingly hurled at him in the press, and he never defended himself. By 2008, most of the press had completely abandoned the notion of impartiality because they were never challenged, instead getting praised by other media outlets and the backslapping increased tenfold.

How does a new journalist set themself apart from the pack in such an environment? There's a sitting President that won't say anything no matter how outlandish the claim, go get 'em, Tiger! This is the construction of that industrial grade bubble - no repercussions for smears and lies, only gasps of astonishment from fellow liberals followed by accolades and hearty thumps on the back. And it continued spiraling ever upward, each trying to outdo the last vicious article.

0bama was easy to defend. Anything he did or said that someone didn't agree with, well you're just a racist and a bitter clinger. Dismissed, you neanderthal, begone!

There is no one left in the media to defend the President, unless it's a half-hearted article from Fox or a handful of conservative outlets that are actively and loudly scorned by 95% of other media outlets. No liberal would ever say they read something on Fox or the Federalist or the Washington Times. You'd get mobbed and ridiculed for it.

Trump doesn't sit back and naively hope that other journalists will set the record straight for twisting his words or inventing scandals or other journalistic sins - those days are long past. Reagan and HWB were the last GOP Presidents that enjoyed the luxury of at least the appearance of a fair media willing to police their own.

No, Trump bypasses the media and attacks directly because he knows there's no cavalry, and as we've all witnessed, anything not challenged becomes established fact.

Sure, I would love to have less combative Twitter, but it's the reality of being a conservative President now. Every future conservative President had better have a good social media game or he'll soon be destroyed.

I've been watching this whole devolution of society for a long time now, and it's only getting worse from here.

Trump's biggest appeal to normal Americans is his willingness to say what he thinks, and is fearless in fighting back against anyone, for better or worse. Americans are exhausted of the unrelenting and unfair attacks on him, but there's really no one with a voice except him that will defend him and his actions.

Take all that and add in covert ops from the FBI and active saboteurs within his own administration and agencies and the steady leaks of misinformation & lies, and it's a pretty grim picture.

Then the House is trying to impeach him, something they openly talked about BEFORE he even took office.

Who do you trust? Who can you trust? No one. You have to fight back and communicate directly with your voters or all is lost.

We should all thank our lucky stars that McConnell is running the show in the Senate or nothing would have been accomplished.

Given the big picture and the reality of things, I'd say he's handling the job remarkably well. And I'm confident he's going to cruise to victory in November. Despite all the noise, there's much more enthusiasm for him than what I observed in 2016.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, SassyLady, Gunny, jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I really don't want Biden, even more than not having wanted Clinton. I hope you're right. I'm seeing lots of problems with virus and now schools. I don't know why he's not focused on what he's been doing good at?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I know it’s off the point, but how can I take anyone seriously who cannot even use the right name for the object of his writing? It’s Parscale.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

18. Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I really don't want Biden, even more than not having wanted Clinton. I hope you're right. I'm seeing lots of problems with virus and now schools. I don't know why he's not focused on what he's been doing good at?
    As much as I dislike Biden and think he's a doddering old fool, I think we really dodged a bullet with Hillary. Where Biden wouldn't really have a coherent plan and the intelligence to pull off nefarious schemes, Hillary would have. It would have been disastrous.

We're kind of in a slack ride right now. The virus is a wild card and a huge distraction, combined with the BLM / Socialist riots. It's pretty hard to be seen as heavy handed and crush the idiots rioting in an election year... even though that's what I'd love to see personally, that's a very risky move going into an election and I'm positive the DNC is trying to goad him into such an action.

Other than try to help the virus effort and foreign policy, I don't see much that he can do right now.

The debates are still unscheduled, that's his time to dismantle Biden and end the election early. But if I were in Biden's camp, there would be no way in hell I'd allow that spectacle to happen.

I don't see any way Biden can avoid it - that's a very traditional political event. On the other hand, I would claim that the Kung Flu makes it unsafe if I were running Biden's campaign. Don't know if that would fly, but there will be efforts at all costs to duck the debates and they've got to be furiously trying to figure out a way.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

20. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I agree and have said this forever about all of our Presidents. They are privy to info we will never know, and we therefore cannot always judge their actions based on what we think we know.

-Abbey

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    As much as I dislike Biden and think he's a doddering old fool, I think we really dodged a bullet with Hillary. Where Biden wouldn't really have a coherent plan and the intelligence to pull off nefarious schemes, Hillary would have. It would have been disastrous.

We're kind of in a slack ride right now. The virus is a wild card and a huge distraction, combined with the BLM / Socialist riots. It's pretty hard to be seen as heavy handed and crush the idiots rioting in an election year... even though that's what I'd love to see personally, that's a very risky move going into an election and I'm positive the DNC is trying to goad him into such an action.

Other than try to help the virus effort and foreign policy, I don't see much that he can do right now.

The debates are still unscheduled, that's his time to dismantle Biden and end the election early. But if I were in Biden's camp, there would be no way in hell I'd allow that spectacle to happen.

I don't see any way Biden can avoid it - that's a very traditional political event. On the other hand, I would claim that the Kung Flu makes it unsafe if I were running Biden's campaign. Don't know if that would fly, but there will be efforts at all costs to duck the debates and they've got to be furiously trying to figure out a way.
    I would agree, except that Biden’s mental acuity means he will be totally manipulated by someone, anyone, behind the scenes. Soros? China? Who knows? That is scary. Not to mention that his VEEP may call the shots. At least with Hillary, we knew she would always act in her own best interests.

-Abbey

24. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I agree and have said this forever about all of our Presidents. They are privy to info we will never know, and we therefore cannot always judge their actions based on what we think we know.
    I agree, but in this case do you think it's wrong that China is our enemy and is actively working for our demise?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I agree, but in this case do you think it's wrong that China is our enemy and is actively working for our demise?
    Nope, China is a big, bad deal.

-Abbey

27. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Pretty sure that is where Simon is going, (btw he is huge pro-Trump, barely anything against him before and after election.) Helping the states with virus? Yep, couldn't have done anymore. Talking about it? Awful. He seems constitutionally unable to show empathy on such a topic, regardless of his personal feelings-he just is not going to be warm and comforting.

Now China? He can let the inner tough guy thrive. He certainly can put forth draconian measures and punishments, even if not doable until after the election. People are furious at China and would like that. Stop railing about how miserable the media, Fauci, AOC, etc., people are not wanting to hear that right now-domestically they are looking for solutions to crime in cities (that's the dems in control and he can only go off the rails with them); covid, (again, no good solutions today-though he's given all the incentives and they seem ready to pay off regarding vaccine and treatments-but he doesn't project the warm fuzzies and gets sidelined with rants.)

So use the bullying for China. That's all that's being said here.

29. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, Gunny liked this post