Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Not long after I first got my driver's license.

I had the great pleasure of taking a friend in my neighborhood for a ride to Valley Forge Park outside of Philly in 1963. We were having a great day...two teenagers with the windows down, playing WIBG in Philly really loud as I showed him how good of a driver I was in my Dad's 1948 Ford 4 door, all shined up, and happily looking good.

Sad part of the story is. How lucky I was to have my friend with me? He was 18 and also had a driver's license which meant he would sit behind the Big Steering wheel while I PUSHED the car to the top of the last hill...toward the Gas station at the BETZWOOD bridge entrance to the park.

I became an 'A' driver after that when gas was only 18 cents a gallon. Glad the cars are lighter today. I COULD NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

2. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I am a B... I calculate my daily driving every day, or at night when I plan on my next day's activities. I always know my car's mpg to the ounce almost. I know when to top off the tank , when to leave it setting on one eighth or even less.
    These last four months I top it off several times a week, as I take into account all the bullshit being spewed now and all ffing idiots doing that ffing shit now.
    Car fueled up, guns well maintained, loaded and waiting to be efficiently used whenever needed.
    Survival is key and Preparation is key to SURVIVAL.
    All of my life since about age 18 , I have maintained that- ""I damn sure will not go down without one hellluva fight.""
    And I will if able take one helluva lot of the ffing bastards with me.... As many as humanly possible... My solemn vow....
    And yes, the ffing maggots should fear me... A fact...
    Gas needed for speed and distance -one must always be able to correctly fight or take flight as the situation calls for..

My father taught me at an early age-- man is a very, very, very dangerous beast.
    Son, it is best you prepare yourself to face that sad, tragic and dangerous reality.
    LEARN TO FIGHT. LEARN TO SHOOT. LEARN HOW TO USE A BLADE. HOW TO EAT FROM THE WILD,
    HOW TO TRAP FROM THE WILD. HOW TO SURVIVE--BECAUSE SOME FUTURE DAY THAT MAY JUST BE WHAT SAVES YOUR LIFE
    AND QUITE POSSIBLE THAT IT ALSO MAY EVEN SAVE THE LIVES OF THOSE THAT YOU LOVE.

I filled up to the over fill amount yesterday, after my making my grocery shopping run and my filling tanks for my mowers..
    Some may think this is being frantically overcautious, but they fail to see--
    that is better to be prepared to fight to live than it is to be unaware of how many billions have died because they so very foolishly and in a erroneous blindness saw no need to maintain a discipline that is that important in life...
    I am 66 years old now and this attitude/discipline has saved my life in more ways than one at least three/four times already in that long span of time..
    I am not the A-type because panic is not my thing...
    I will not let panic be my thing, because fear has a history of showing that it far, far too oft leads to fatal mistakes..--.. --Tyr
    We have 5 gas cans full at all times that get rotated in couple of older vehicles. We don't have mowers or tractors anymore so not using as much. And, we have a 1938 Chevy that won't be fried in an EMP attack.

Oh, and neighbors have horses if desperately needed. However, I think I'm getting to age where I'll stay here and defend rather than run. Save one bullet.

And I have AAA and GMC roadside assistance if I ever do run out (and OnStar) so I'm definitely a "B".
    Last edited by SassyLady; 07-25-2020 at 11:51 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    We have 5 gas cans full at all times that get rotated in couple of older vehicles. We don't have mowers or tractors anymore so not using as much. And, we have a 1938 Chevy that won't be fried in an EMP attack.

Oh, and neighbors have horses if desperately needed. However, I think I'm getting to age where I'll stay here and defend rather than run. Save one bullet.

And I have AAA and GMC roadside assistance if I ever do run out (and OnStar) so I'm definitely a "B".
    Always be prepared to live..
    If things go down in a bad way, it is too late to go out searching to obtain critical and necessary things.
    Because that is when millions of fear driven, in panic state others will be out trying to take what they need.
    Those that prepared will be out in the hills in a safer place setting up defensive location-to live on..
    To fight on... And to live on ...
    You have prepped and know what it is that I speak.
    This world is dark, dangerous and ugly, getting more so everyday.
    The smart(er) ones will not be led like lambs to the slaughter..--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

There is nothing more silly than running out of gas, IMO.

Usually when it gets down to half, I'll go top it off. Almost never down to a quarter tank.

Also, a master mechanic friend of mine told me years ago that it's the people who run around on fumes that always have fuel pump problems - when your tank is low, the gas will slosh around inside, especially when going around corners. When the pump cavitates (sucks air) it's being damaged. I haven't had a fuel pump go bad on me since I was a broke kid... and I like it that way.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Good for you NT..

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    There is nothing more silly than running out of gas, IMO.

Usually when it gets down to half, I'll go top it off. Almost never down to a quarter tank.

Also, a master mechanic friend of mine told me years ago that it's the people who run around on fumes that always have fuel pump problems - when your tank is low, the gas will slosh around inside, especially when going around corners. When the pump cavitates (sucks air) it's being damaged. I haven't had a fuel pump go bad on me since I was a broke kid... and I like it that way.
    When I was growing up and started driving. We were broke too! I didn't know we were poor, living from week to week in an apartment shared by 2 brothers, my sister, Mom and Dad, and two uncles (my mother's bro's) and a boarder on the 3rd floor. Topping off the gas tank was a BLESSED event for my Dad, and with an allowance of $1.50 a week...I was always broke.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

10. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post