Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Hyperbaric Chamber and Cognition

@SassyLady

Interesting. I know there was some of this done on some Covid patients, which seemed counter-intuitive with the ventilator as first choice. I remember U of Chicago sort of stumbled on it and surprised at the outcome for some. It was at height of NYC area and while Chicago was just starting to rise.

https://www.fightaging.org/archives/...linical-trial/

July 24th, 2020

Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Improves Cerebral Blood Flow in a Small Clinical Trial

Permalink Read 4 Comments Add a Comment Posted by Reason

In the study noted here, researchers provide evidence for a few months of hyperbaric oxygen treatment to increase blood flow to the brain, perhaps in large part by spurring greater growth of small blood vessels in brain tissue. In older patients this produced improvements in measures of cognitive function. There is a good deal of evidence in the literature to suggests that changes in blood flow to the brain cause altered cognitive function. Consider that exercise improves memory function, for example, both immediately following exercise, and then over the long term. Further, it is the case that capillary networks decline in density throughout the body with age, and this is thought to contribute to degenerative aging by lowering the flow of blood to energy-hungry tissues such as the brain and muscles.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks revelarts, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Before pandemic I had several treatments for my posttraumatic hydrocephalus (PTH). Have not had follow up brain image to see if it helped.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Likes Kathianne liked this post