Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Rush

Anyone still listen to this guy? He's on the news radio channel here, and I apparently go to the store about the same time every day because he is usually on. Best thing going for him in my book is he's a hate magnet for the left.

I don't care for him, nor do I purposefully listen to him. I do however listen when he is on. My take is he is generally correct in his assessments of the left and the right. The problem is getting to those assessments. One has to sift through the condescension and egomania.

He talks down to people on his side he talks down to people for being guilty of not knowing. Everyone is stupid to Rush and he knows more than anyone else

Hannity's in the same book with me except Hannity is just a neocon tool, IMO, who wishes he was half as smart as Rush. I really have a hard time with right wing pundits that act EXACTLY like the leftwingnuts they are ridiculing for the same behavior.

When one approaches an audience with "you are stupid and I am here to enlighten you and tell you what you should think", you aren't doing much for an "side" I claim to be on.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Anyone still listen to this guy? He's on the news radio channel here, and I apparently go to the store about the same time every day because he is usually on. Best thing going for him in my book is he's a hate magnet for the left.

I don't care for him, nor do I purposefully listen to him. I do however listen when he is on. My take is he is generally correct in his assessments of the left and the right. The problem is getting to those assessments. One has to sift through the condescension and egomania.

He talks down to people on his side he talks down to people for being guilty of not knowing. Everyone is stupid to Rush and he knows more than anyone else

Hannity's in the same book with me except Hannity is just a neocon tool, IMO, who wishes he was half as smart as Rush. I really have a hard time with right wing pundits that act EXACTLY like the leftwingnuts they are ridiculing for the same behavior.

When one approaches an audience with "you are stupid and I am here to enlighten you and tell you what you should think", you aren't doing much for an "side" I claim to be on.
    I prefer rush over Hannity. But I have never listened to talk radio much. The little I have heard, G Gordon Liddy would be more my speed. For some reason I always like the villain

4. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I prefer rush over Hannity. But I have never listened to talk radio much. The little I have heard, G Gordon Liddy would be more my speed. For some reason I always like the villain
    I used to ride with a guy at one electric company that was a faithful listener to WOAI News, the channel all those shows are on. About every 2 years I change the radio station in my truck to see if the tuner still works . I happened to put it on that station this time around.

The only one I like on Fox is Gutfeld. I get his humor. I think he's hilarious. Sucks he has to always have Juan Williams on. That idiot would argue that the sky wasn't blue just to be the "opposed" no matter what

I liked G. Gordon Liddy. He was another one I thought was funny.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post