Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Here very soon. Ugh.
    Turned scary as headed north. Be safe. I hope @hjmick came through fine.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 08-04-2020 at 09:29 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The wind overturned three tractor-trailers on Rt 1. This thing is serious.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Kathianne, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes. I want him sitting back with a margarita not giving a flying rhinoceros shit. And listening to that damn Jimmy Buffett.

8. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Do NOT underestimate this thing! I hope no one else is in the line besides HJ, Abs and myself? Not sure how long it'll be hitting and where next.

Somewhere around 11am, and just after I had made a post - BAM - and the first warning of an incoming storm was the loss of power. Luckily we have a generator large enough to handle our entire home - it's useless to me unless it restores both my coffee machine and also the internet! Well, the coffee came back but internet dropped for a few hours. Power has been on and off sporadically.

SHIT!!

Was typing above and BAM again and we lost power. Then couldn't even connect via ATT on my phone. Crap is bad around here.

I need to add a UPS to my local machine. Too many failures and rebooting are not good for your power supply and MB.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Do NOT underestimate this thing! I hope no one else is in the line besides HJ, Abs and myself? Not sure how long it'll be hitting and where next.

Somewhere around 11am, and just after I had made a post - BAM - and the first warning of an incoming storm was the loss of power. Luckily we have a generator large enough to handle our entire home - it's useless to me unless it restores both my coffee machine and also the internet! Well, the coffee came back but internet dropped for a few hours. Power has been on and off sporadically.

SHIT!!

Was typing above and BAM again and we lost power. Then couldn't even connect via ATT on my phone. Crap is bad around here.

I need to add a UPS to my local machine. Too many failures and rebooting are not good for your power supply and MB.
    Stay safe!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Stay safe!
    Certainly trying to! Going out with my truck was a mistake earlier, but she's all good in the garage now.

Lotsa cleanup as we're littered with poor trees shedding on us. Luckily nothing too large though.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Our area in Westchester, no particular order. Some in my town, Mamaroneck, Yonkers & Scarsdale. Gives you a better idea on how the streets are looking about now.

14. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Thanks for the thoughts.

No trouble for us, 1.50" rain, some mildly strong winds. Never even lost the satellite...

It was a strong tropical storm when it passed us, 20 miles off the coast, so about 35 miles from our place.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

16. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Black Diamond, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts.

No trouble for us, 1.50" rain, some mildly strong winds. Never even lost the satellite...

It was a strong tropical storm when it passed us, 20 miles off the coast, so about 35 miles from our place.
    Very glad to hear this! I know you are quite often the bullseye for incoming storms on the east coast, about time ya got a break!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just got dumped again and now on generator and my cell. Computer lost power too many times so gonna leave it off until this power issue and storm passes by.

Was in the middle of a long dang post and boom. Luckily the board saves it when I get back, and my browser should offer to load all my tabs again. Oh joy.

And my poor fishies. Lights on and off and same with filter. I know Kath will be upset to hear that!!

19. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

On my computer - but on the generator. The news is showing we may not have power restored until 9-10pm tonight!! This generator just became my best purchase and best friend! Got AC, the fridge is still running, TV and satellite working, fish tank & filters running, oh, and did I mention my AC is still on?

Probably turn back off shortly, but bored out of my mind and sounds like it will be awhile. Hopefully swapping the power over to the generator, and now powering the house via natural gas, won't cost a $$$ million dollars at the end of the month.

Anyway, local story and some more photos. Shows the power issues in my county. And still not done? It seems it here, other than power and cleanup.

Tropical Storm Isaias hits Lower Hudson Valley: Thousands without power; roads closed

Tropical Storm Isaias made its way through the Lower Hudson Valley Tuesday afternoon.

Power outages were reported across the region and dozens of downed trees and wires blocked roadways. Damage was been spotted across Westchester and Rockland counties.

A tropical storm warning, including a tornado watch, was put in effect until at least 10 p.m. Tuesday night.

The height of the storm, and most of the damage, came between 1 and 3:30 p.m. Westchester County Executive George Latimer warned in an afternoon news conference that those living in shore communities and south of I-287 would see a greater effect of the storm.

Heavy rain and winds were expected to continue through the evening, bringing anywhere from two to four inches of rain. Low lying areas along the Sound Shore were at risk of flooding, and the possibility of scattered thunderstorms and tornadoes continued into the evening, according to AccuWeather.

No tornadoes have touched down in the area yet, Latimer said, but these conditions would allow for them to.

Here's what we know about Tropical Storm Isaias in Westchester County:

Power outages

According to the Con Ed storm center, 86,829 customers in Westchester were out of service by 5:45 p.m.

The hardest hit communities were Briarcliff Manor, Dobbs Ferry, Eastchester, Harrison, Mount Vernon, Greenburgh, Yonkers and Yorktown, according to a news release. The company estimated power would be restored before 8 p.m.

Village officials in Croton-on-Hudson opened a room in their Municipal Building to the public as a "charging center," reporting that about 1,700 of their residents were without power.

The Orange and Rockland Utilities website reported 56,346 customers in Rockland without power by 5:30 p.m.

By 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, the company said over 117,000 customers had lost power among its 301,917 connections in Orange, Rockland, and Sullivan counties in New York, and Bergen, Passaic, and Sussex counties in New Jersey.

Over 204,000 Con Ed customers in Westchester and New York City lost power by late afternoon.

Rest - https://www.lohud.com/story/weather/...ed/3290055001/

This is actually just up the road from me

Also in my town

21. Thanks Kathianne, Russ, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Our back screened porch flooded, but other than that, we’re ok. There were at least 4 tornados not too far south of us here in Delaware
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

23. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Russ, SassyLady, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Some scary pictures, Jim. Wow, this storm packed a punch. I hope that wasn't your car.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Glad ya'll made it through rough part and are safe.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

27. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie, jimnyc liked this post