Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default NY Attorney General Seeks to Dissolve NRA

In the end, while I don't see anything dissolving, but even if they did - they will not get the results they think they will be getting. The legal gun shops all over, the legal guns everywhere, the people owning them and the future people wanting to legally own their own gun - won't stop. And even if - someone else will simply step in to replace as far as lobbying anything goes.

---

NY Attorney General Seeks to Dissolve NRA

(AP) — New York’s attorney general sued the National Rifle Association on Thursday, seeking to put the powerful gun advocacy organization out of business over allegations that high-ranking executives diverted millions of dollars for lavish personal trips, no-show contracts for associates and other questionable expenditures.

Attorney General Letitia James’ lawsuit, filed in state court in Manhattan after an 18-month investigation, highlighted misspending and self-dealing allegations that have roiled the NRA and its longtime leader, Wayne LaPierre, in recent years — from hair and makeup for his wife to a $17 million post-employment contract for himself.

Simultaneously, the Washington, D.C., attorney general sued the NRA Foundation, a charitable arm of the organization designed to provide programs for firearm safety, marksmanship and hunting safety, accusing it of diverting funds to the NRA to help pay for lavish spending by its top executives.

The troubles, which James said were long cloaked by loyal lieutenants and a pass-through payment arrangement with a vendor, started to come to light as the NRA’s deficit piled up and it struggled to find its footing after a spate of mass shootings eroded support for its pro-gun agenda. The organization went from a nearly $28 million surplus in 2015 to a $36 million deficit in 2018.

James, a Democrat, argued that the organization’s prominence and cozy political relationships had lulled it into a sense of invincibility and enabled a culture where non-profit rules were routinely flouted and state and federal laws were violated. Even the NRA’s own bylaws and employee handbook were ignored, she said.

“The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets,” James said in a statement announcing the lawsuit. “The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/news/ny-at...-dissolve-nra/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I absolutely agree with you Jim and I'm sure people are already scrambling to create NRA2. In the end, if NRA did commit crimes, it needs to see justice.

3. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you Jim and I'm sure people are already scrambling to create NRA2. In the end, if NRA did commit crimes, it needs to see justice.
    No doubt that the individuals involved - if committed crimes - should be prosecuted and held accountable.

But I think too many around the nation wrongly blame them for guns around the country. Sure, they have a lot of influence, which is what would be replaced if they were dissolved. But I don't think it changes much how the home citizen feels about guns, security & the 2nd amendment. Some will still support and own exactly the same, and those against will still be against.

But again, while I support them as a group, I don't support individuals crimes to get anywhere, or abuse things.

Whether a literal offshoot of the NRA - or an entirely different group - no doubt someone will step in - as there is $$$ there as we know. Makes little difference to me though.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Won't happen. LaPierre will probably get tossed under the bus. Worse for the idiot lefties, I imagine backlash will be a bitch. Every time they pull some stunt like this they increase, guns and ammo sales and NRA memberships.

I don't like the NRA. Just another money-grubbing bureaucratic machine, IMO. With obviously the same corruption/overhead as any other. But it is THE gun lobby for Americans.

And don't for a second believe the left is not after your guns. They'd have all our Rights by now if they could get them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Well at least the "Leave it to the police" argument is out the window.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default NY Attorney General Seeks to Dissolve NRA

If the NRA is being investigated, I wonder, why isn’t the IRS investigating Black Lies Matter? they aren’t even a registered non-profit, their accounting is shady, most of the money they raise goes towards salaries and “consultant fees”

As is typical with Marxists, the leaders get rich on the backs of everyone else ...

https://thejewishvoice.com/2020/06/n...atements-show/
    Last edited by KarlMarx; 08-06-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

8. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    If the NRA is being investigated, I wonder, why isn’t the IRS investigating Black Lies Matter? they aren’t even a registered non-profit, their accounting is shady, most of the money they raise goes towards salaries and “consultant fees”

All good things will be possible when Trump 2020>> (Taking out the Trash) <<Wins House & Senate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post

As is typical with Marxists, the leaders get rich on the backs of everyone else ...

https://thejewishvoice.com/2020/06/n...atements-show/
    So does most everyone's. It's only a crime if you are on the right.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Every Democrat in every state like that New York A.G. are...

Just as much like hot air - as all of them FARTING in their panties to make them blow up like Condoms at a ROE V. WADE convention.
    Farting in a spacesuit is like wearing Brown pants.
    Nobody can tell you Crapped yourself....

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me: