Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default President Trump Signs 4 Executive Orders On COVID-19 Relief

THIS is what I'm talking about when I say "take charge". F*ck the Dems.

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 3:05 PM PT — Saturday, August 8, 2020

In a landmark move, President Trump signed four different executive orders related to coronavirus economic relief.
    On Saturday, he signed a payroll tax initiative, which will defer payroll tax to those making less than $100,000 a year until the end of 2020.

The president has renewed supplemental unemployment benefits at $400 a week. This new amount came in just below the previous $600 extra, which Americans were receiving before the enhance benefits expired earlier this month.

He also provided assistance to renters by imposing a partial moratorium on evictions and suspended mandatory student loan payments through the end of the year.

The president has expressed he had to step in because Democrats in Congress have not stepped up to the plate.
    “Democrats have refused these offers,” said President Trump. “What they really want is bailout money for states that are run by Democrat governors and mayors, which have been run very badly for many, many years.”

He added that if Democrats got their way, they would crash the stock market.
    https://www.oann.com/president-trump...vid-19-relief/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes jimnyc, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    THIS is what I'm talking about when I say "take charge". F*ck the Dems.

https://www.oann.com/president-trump...vid-19-relief/
    Agreed.

I'm not a huge fan of EO's, but sometimes it simply has to be done to bypass the clusterfuckery in congress in a speedy fashion in order to help the America people. This is financial and shouldn't have to wait. I can think of quite a few matters that if/when should definitely just be put through for expediency.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Agreed.

I'm not a huge fan of EO's, but sometimes it simply has to be done to bypass the clusterfuckery in congress in a speedy fashion in order to help the America people. This is financial and shouldn't have to wait. I can think of quite a few matters that if/when should definitely just be put through for expediency.
    I'm not going to piss on my own parade (much) but anyone reading my stuff the past couple of months would know I would LOVE to see him attack the issue of these rogue cities the same way.

This was needed, regardless what we do going forward. It gives at least some working room instead of trying to figure out how to get down while standing on the edge of the cliff. Not that the Dem Congress is going to use the time bought wisely.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes jimnyc, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

As expected, since this pushes through the bs - and pushes through the Dems desire to make Americans suffer so they blame Trump - they are whining.

Leading Dems and the media are trying to find any reason to discredit this, and even Hillary just claims it's a stunt.

Most Americans will see it as "help", IMO.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As expected, since this pushes through the bs - and pushes through the Dems desire to make Americans suffer so they blame Trump - they are whining.

Leading Dems and the media are trying to find any reason to discredit this, and even Hillary just claims it's a stunt.

Most Americans will see it as "help", IMO.
    I expected as much. Obama used EOs to circumvent Congress and the law and that was just great. Use it as intended to help the American people? Can't have THAT

Everything's a "stunt" to them unless they're pulling it. I'd call what these rogue governors/Dem leaders are pulling stunts. And costly ones in the end.

If Trump got a negative reaction out of the usual assclowns for doing what needed to be done it's just bonus points to me.