Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Nashville Lawmaker - attempted murder for not wearing mask

And murder should that person then die.

I think they may want to debate and eventually create laws around pandemics and masks, and the constitutionality thereof. IMO, can't very well charge someone with a crime that is non-existent or that you simply create.

I think it's important that people wear them in many areas and places. Like stores and other buildings, and it needs to be enforced better. No mask and you simply cannot do business with us.

Now, if someone is tested positive and knows it, and then purposely coughs or spits on someone entirely different ballgame, IMO.

I think this woman just wanted headlines.

---

Nashville Lawmaker Wants People Not Wearing a Mask to Be ‘Tried For Murder Or Attempted Murder’

A Nashville councilwoman wants anyone who doesn’t wear a mask to be “tried for murder or attempted murder.”

“My question goes back to legislation,” Sharon Hurt, an at-large councilwoman of the Nashville Metro Council, said during a meeting last week between Public Safety, Beer & Regulated Beverages and Health, Hospitals, & Social Services committees.

“But my concern is — you know I work for an organization, that if they pass a virus, then they are tried for murder or attempted murder, if they are not told … and this person who may very well pass this virus that’s out in the air because they’re not wearing a mask is basically doing the same thing to someone who contracts it and dies from it.”

“It seems to me that we have been more reactive, as opposed to proactive, and a little too late, too little,” she said. “Maybe there needs to be stronger legislation to say that if you do not wear a mask and you subject exposure of this virus to someone else then there will be some stronger penalty as it is in other viruses that are exposed.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...empted-murder/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And murder should that person then die.

I think they may want to debate and eventually create laws around pandemics and masks, and the constitutionality thereof. IMO, can't very well charge someone with a crime that is non-existent or that you simply create.

I think it's important that people wear them in many areas and places. Like stores and other buildings, and it needs to be enforced better. No mask and you simply cannot do business with us.

Now, if someone is tested positive and knows it, and then purposely coughs or spits on someone entirely different ballgame, IMO.

I think this woman just wanted headlines.

---

Nashville Lawmaker Wants People Not Wearing a Mask to Be ‘Tried For Murder Or Attempted Murder’

A Nashville councilwoman wants anyone who doesn’t wear a mask to be “tried for murder or attempted murder.”

“My question goes back to legislation,” Sharon Hurt, an at-large councilwoman of the Nashville Metro Council, said during a meeting last week between Public Safety, Beer & Regulated Beverages and Health, Hospitals, & Social Services committees.

“But my concern is — you know I work for an organization, that if they pass a virus, then they are tried for murder or attempted murder, if they are not told … and this person who may very well pass this virus that’s out in the air because they’re not wearing a mask is basically doing the same thing to someone who contracts it and dies from it.”

“It seems to me that we have been more reactive, as opposed to proactive, and a little too late, too little,” she said. “Maybe there needs to be stronger legislation to say that if you do not wear a mask and you subject exposure of this virus to someone else then there will be some stronger penalty as it is in other viruses that are exposed.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...empted-murder/
    I'm with you, 'no mask, no business.' However, most don't seem to be doing that, as the 'loophole' is, 'I've a medical condition.' No further questions are allowed.

This though, a step waaaayyyy tooooo faaaaaarrrrrr.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm with you, 'no mask, no business.' However, most don't seem to be doing that, as the 'loophole' is, 'I've a medical condition.' No further questions are allowed.

This though, a step waaaayyyy tooooo faaaaaarrrrrr.
    I saw a video of a woman from the "FTBA" in a store, wearing her badge and clipboard, warning the worker there that enforcing the rules and masks could lead to a $5,000 fine for the young girl personally! This turns out to be the "Freedom to Breath Agency" and just some made up bullshit.

I say HUGE signs and update sites on how folks can still shop with them if they have a medical condition and cannot wear a mask. Explain kindly as to why no one may enter without a mask, and then give them directions. Perhaps purchase online, purchase in advance and pickup, or even give a list to someone and wait in the vehicle. Various alternatives. But I don't think a simple claim of medical exemption should be allowed. It still exposes others, and will likely lead to abuse by others.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I saw a video of a woman from the "FTBA" in a store, wearing her badge and clipboard, warning the worker there that enforcing the rules and masks could lead to a $5,000 fine for the young girl personally! This turns out to be the "Freedom to Breath Agency" and just some made up bullshit.

I say HUGE signs and update sites on how folks can still shop with them if they have a medical condition and cannot wear a mask. Explain kindly as to why no one may enter without a mask, and then give them directions. Perhaps purchase online, purchase in advance and pickup, or even give a list to someone and wait in the vehicle. Various alternatives. But I don't think a simple claim of medical exemption should be allowed. It still exposes others, and will likely lead to abuse by others.
    Yep, but the stores do not want fisticuffs day after day. I will say that now other customers are more likely to say, 'cover your nose with the mask, pointless otherwise.' Weird times.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yep, but the stores do not want fisticuffs day after day. I will say that now other customers are more likely to say, 'cover your nose with the mask, pointless otherwise.' Weird times.
    Not very intimidating when someone pulls up alongside you in another cart and asks you politely to put a mask on. Usually a woman wearing a badge or similar.

Gotta look the part, intimidating, make them want to put the mask on and leave it on. A little fear maybe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Not very intimidating when someone pulls up alongside you in another cart and asks you politely to put a mask on. Usually a woman wearing a badge or similar.

Gotta look the part, intimidating, make them want to put the mask on and leave it on. A little fear maybe.

I think @SassyLady will back me up, those refusing to wear masks are also most likely to be scary than other way around.

8. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I think @SassyLady will back me up, those refusing to wear masks are also most likely to be scary than other way around.
    I don't really care if people wear mask. I'm wearing mine anyway.

If you get sick from being exposed and not wearing mask then it's on you.

I was in Discount Tire today. Two clerks had masks on but not over their nose. My internal dialogue was "really?!" I didn't feel compelled to tell them it's pointless to have it on if nose exposed. They're adults. I kinda believe in Darwinism.

Plus, in Arizona more people probably have guns than not. Can carry concealed without permit. So, everyone is scary here.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

....We are being conditioned to submit to "liberal">> part of government control. Covid has been one big social experiment.