Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default It's enough to make a grown man cry

Did you get the 9/11 thing from Bill Moyers tonight? If not and if you are a thinking American and if you are open to truth as opposed to lies I suggest you take a trip down this transcript.

CIRCLE OF ACCOUNTABILITY
    By Andrew Meier, Sherry Jones and Bill Moyers

It has taken three years for the details of the terrorist plot of 9/11 to emerge. The fateful turns that led to the attacks have finally entered the public discourse. Their lessons, however, have yet to be learned.

The first lesson is that the highest officials in government did not want us to know the truth.

They already had the story they wanted Americans to believe: Nearly 3,000 people had died, we were assured, because the terrorists turned our liberties against us, had brazenly exploited our open society. According to this official view, the atrocities were inevitable, the plot so diabolical and its execution so precise that only a superhero could have prevented it.

It sounded right. For the American people, the terror seemed to have fallen out of that near-perfect September sky, out of the clear blue.

We now know otherwise. The report of the 9/11 Commission lays the story bare in exhaustive, forensic detail, and on page 265 concludes that the terrorists “exploited deep institutional failings within our government.”

That is not the whole truth. What are institutions if not the lengthened influence of individuals? “The system failed” is the catchphrase now in vogue in Washington. Critics and fans alike of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush still rely on this hollow analysis. But “the system” is no mindless mechanism operating independently of the men and women individuals with names, power, and obligations * who are charged with making it work. Before “the system” can fail, they must fail.

The Commissioners avoided blaming any government officials, past or present, for the failure to prevent the attacks. They maintain that their job was not to assign individual blame, but provide the most complete and frank account of the decisive events surrounding the attack. To that end, they succeeded. But to stop there is to stop short. Read the final report of the Commission carefully — connect the dots — and a fuller pattern emerges: Key government officials failed the system, and they failed the American people.

Judges and social workers talk of the “circle of accountability.” The 9/11 Commission was indeed an historic undertaking. Yet in spreading the blame as broadly as it possibly could, the Commissioners, rather than enlarging that circle, have all but closed it. Americans deserve better than to allow accountability to be passed off as a mere abstraction; they should know where the buck stops. The nearly 3,000 men and women who died on 9/11 deserve better, too. It will not bring them back to hold accountable the particular officials in high office who could have acted and did not. But it

Much More: http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/bl...m_our_p_1.html

I Believe In America And The Values That I have Been Taught As American Values.

What exactly happened on 9/11 and what exactly caused it? That is my question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was caused by a bunch of arab terrorists flying airplanes into buildings. What are you retarded?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Did you get the 9/11 thing from Bill Moyers tonight? If not and if you are a thinking American and if you are open to truth as opposed to lies I suggest you take a trip down this transcript.

CIRCLE OF ACCOUNTABILITY
    By Andrew Meier, Sherry Jones and Bill Moyers

It has taken three years for the details of the terrorist plot of 9/11 to emerge. The fateful turns that led to the attacks have finally entered the public discourse. Their lessons, however, have yet to be learned.

The first lesson is that the highest officials in government did not want us to know the truth.

They already had the story they wanted Americans to believe: Nearly 3,000 people had died, we were assured, because the terrorists turned our liberties against us, had brazenly exploited our open society. According to this official view, the atrocities were inevitable, the plot so diabolical and its execution so precise that only a superhero could have prevented it.

It sounded right. For the American people, the terror seemed to have fallen out of that near-perfect September sky, out of the clear blue.

We now know otherwise. The report of the 9/11 Commission lays the story bare in exhaustive, forensic detail, and on page 265 concludes that the terrorists “exploited deep institutional failings within our government.”

That is not the whole truth. What are institutions if not the lengthened influence of individuals? “The system failed” is the catchphrase now in vogue in Washington. Critics and fans alike of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush still rely on this hollow analysis. But “the system” is no mindless mechanism operating independently of the men and women individuals with names, power, and obligations * who are charged with making it work. Before “the system” can fail, they must fail.

The Commissioners avoided blaming any government officials, past or present, for the failure to prevent the attacks. They maintain that their job was not to assign individual blame, but provide the most complete and frank account of the decisive events surrounding the attack. To that end, they succeeded. But to stop there is to stop short. Read the final report of the Commission carefully — connect the dots — and a fuller pattern emerges: Key government officials failed the system, and they failed the American people.

Judges and social workers talk of the “circle of accountability.” The 9/11 Commission was indeed an historic undertaking. Yet in spreading the blame as broadly as it possibly could, the Commissioners, rather than enlarging that circle, have all but closed it. Americans deserve better than to allow accountability to be passed off as a mere abstraction; they should know where the buck stops. The nearly 3,000 men and women who died on 9/11 deserve better, too. It will not bring them back to hold accountable the particular officials in high office who could have acted and did not. But it

Much More: http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/bl...m_our_p_1.html

I Believe In America And The Values That I have Been Taught As American Values.

What exactly happened on 9/11 and what exactly caused it? That is my question.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It might just be me, but I blame the fuckwads that did the deed, then I blame those that told them to do it, then I blame those in the know, then I blame all those that condone it for one reason or another then I blame the whole fucking lot of them, then I blame every fucker else.

Then I blame you.Fuck you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this a declaration of war on Psychoblues by you, roomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    It might just be me, but I blame the fuckwads that did the deed, then I blame those that told them to do it, then I blame those in the know, then I blame all those that condone it for one reason or another then I blame the whole fucking lot of them, then I blame every fucker else.

Fuck you 2. We'll see who comes out on top of your litlle ignorant ass personal war if that is indeed what you intimate. Blame me? You are such a piss ant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post

I blame everybody who is fucked up enough to blow their cool over the entire fucking issue.

Personally, I blame the fucked up American head of state who allowed the whole thing to happen on his watch. After ignoring warnings of such while plotting revenge on the guy who wronged his daddy. I also blame said idiot for using the 3,000 or so dead as an excuse to fuck up the entire country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I blame everybody who is fucked up enough to blow their cool over the entire fucking issue.

Personally, I blame the fucked up American head of state who allowed the whole thing to happen on his watch. After ignoring warnings of such while plotting revenge on the guy who wronged his daddy. I also blame said idiot for using the 3,000 or so dead as an excuse to fuck up the entire country.
    (sigh)....

We all wish President Bill Clinton could of stopped the first trade center bombing, the USS Cole, the Oklahoma Muir Building bombing.....

But, surprised me too............................................... ...........................he was not a God, either..
    Last edited by stephanie; 09-22-2007 at 02:36 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

That was only in his first nine months as the Supreme Ruler. Since then he has replaced god with an unjust takeover of Heaven, raised the temperature of the earth by 4°, made Elton John the new queen of England, forced untold thousands of people from their homes, invoked three hurricanes, two earthquakes, allowed Dick Cheney to shoot the partridge in a pear tree.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What was that quote by Trent Lott and repeated by Tom Delay then? "You can support the troops without supporting the President."

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    That was only in his first nine months as the Supreme Ruler. Since then he has replaced god with an unjust takeover of Heaven, raised the temperature of the earth by 4°, made Elton John the new queen of England, forced untold thousands of people from their homes, invoked three hurricanes, two earthquakes, allowed Dick Cheney to shoot the partridge in a pear tree.
    You are funny, 82M'89 but you ain't ready for prime time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Osama bin Laden explained exactly why the attack took place: US troops in Mideastern holy lands, and US support of Israel. Both of which amount to US support of Israel.

Why isn't this ever mentioned?
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just what are you trying to say, HL?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    Osama bin Laden explained exactly why the attack took place: US troops in Mideastern holy lands, and US support of Israel. Both of which amount to US support of Israel.

Why isn't this ever mentioned?
    Who is that man behind the curtain you keep so tightly closed?