Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Mike Tomlin and the Steelers

So as everyone knows, all the sports in America is going a little crazy right now, boycotting games and cancellations. NBA, WNBA, MLB, NHL... the NFL did the kneeling thing here and there and pissed off half of American fans. Now there is talk of also boycotting a single game for all the teams when the season starts. Maybe with luck they will rethink that.

So the team came out for a nighttime inter-scrimmage game, and they all lined up. Then Tomlin came out and addressed Steeler Nation - and how they feel.

I like this to an extent. I hope they stay the course and be the first to admit just how blessed they are - but that they are still human and have feelings.

But note it WAS NOT done during the anthem. No disrespect here whatsoever. Imagine that - just talking to the people and explaining things, but nothing to do with our flag. Please please let them do this all the time. NO kneeling please. Save that for the others. This way I can hate other teams that much more and hope my team kills them.

I know it's an excuse of sorts to get to still watch my football. But I only heard about this after the fact, and if they follow through, without kneeling during the anthem - then they can do what they did before every single game - and I would listen and respect them!

He speaks of playing due to the love of the game and their talents - not to entertain white people, as idiot stated.

"We realize those lessons put us in the minority." - "We are privileged to have a platform"

"We stand before you knowing we are blessed and privileged" - but that privilege does not shield us from sadness"

I hope they make me proud this year, and take the lead or any action they want, and do so without disrespecting the flag.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes aboutime liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Thanks Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So as everyone knows, all the sports in America is going a little crazy right now, boycotting games and cancellations. NBA, WNBA, MLB, NHL... the NFL did the kneeling thing here and there and pissed off half of American fans. Now there is talk of also boycotting a single game for all the teams when the season starts. Maybe with luck they will rethink that.

So the team came out for a nighttime inter-scrimmage game, and they all lined up. Then Tomlin came out and addressed Steeler Nation - and how they feel.

I like this to an extent. I hope they stay the course and be the first to admit just how blessed they are - but that they are still human and have feelings.

But note it WAS NOT done during the anthem. No disrespect here whatsoever. Imagine that - just talking to the people and explaining things, but nothing to do with our flag. Please please let them do this all the time. NO kneeling please. Save that for the others. This way I can hate other teams that much more and hope my team kills them.

I know it's an excuse of sorts to get to still watch my football. But I only heard about this after the fact, and if they follow through, without kneeling during the anthem - then they can do what they did before every single game - and I would listen and respect them!

He speaks of playing due to the love of the game and their talents - not to entertain white people, as idiot stated.

"We realize those lessons put us in the minority." - "We are privileged to have a platform"

"We stand before you knowing we are blessed and privileged" - but that privilege does not shield us from sadness"

I hope they make me proud this year, and take the lead or any action they want, and do so without disrespecting the flag.

You know I WAS an EAGLES fan from Philly. But after thanking GOD I never went back to Pa to live. I can easily become a STEELER fan since the Shitbird Eagles are kneeling, whining, and playing the victim.
    I have found something to occupy my time now. Time I used to spend watching SPORTS.

I read more, study History more, build ship models, puzzles, and spend more time working on my web page design instruction until I can't see straight. But...if there is a football game coming. I won't be there.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Nadda...Nothing..No watchie and no spending..Not a dime!!!...Until THE NFL makes a paid aired apology for their stupid mistake (supporting BLM)......>>>>

(with some of its high profile Players on there Knees again..but this time begging for forgiveness ) from the American people in general...**and with special

reference
    made to the White American People...For what they were put through!

Reparations need to be Paid to white sports Fans who had to deal with the racism & hate from Marxist ...RACIST ..BLM...which the NFL still supports...

Otherwise Let them starve...Fuck all of them....all Kneelers in all the sports can go to hell and go broke...starve!!

6. Thanks aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Nadda...Nothing..No watchie and no spending..Not a dime!!!...Until THE NFL makes a paid aired apology for their stupid mistake (supporting BLM)......>>>>

(with some of its high profile Players on there Knees again..but this time begging for forgiveness ) from the American people in general...**and with special

reference
    made to the White American People...For what they were put through!

Reparations need to be Paid to white sports Fans who had to deal with the racism & hate from Marxist ...RACIST ..BLM...which the NFL still supports...

Otherwise Let them starve...Fuck all of them....all Kneelers in all the sports can go to hell and go broke...starve!!

I am with you on that.
    Those that took a knee, and those that supported BLM can kiss this American's ass..
    In this day and age there is no reason anybody should be that ignorant about BLM, imho..
    It is a terrorist leftist organization fully allied with the leftist dem party that seeks the overthrow of this nation and the destruction of our Constitution.
    I refuse to be blinded to the truth, as do the many other Americans that are afraid to take a moral, courageous stand against this onslaught on our culture, our freedoms and this nation as it was founded..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Granted the past few years have left a sour taste in our mouths. I cannot stand a single person kneeling - during the anthem. It's been made clear that half their fans or more see it as disrespect, even if they agree with change being needed.

They continue in a manner that pisses many off, and that IMO is the wrong approach, and said that from day one. If they had just had television ads, massive conferences of leading sports figures, folks from the black community & politicians - I would tune in myself. ANYTHING but disrespecting America. I can think of so so many ways that would be better - that would attract more, gain in a positive manner & not interfere with contracts and careers.

So let me ask you guys that are also ticked at the kneeling for the anthem, talk of millionaires being oppressed and/or how America hates them, even though they make millions, have millions of fans....

What if though...

They did as I said and had major events, but outside and off the field.

Or if they did do so in uniform, just not during the anthem. Perhaps 5-10 minutes prior, they can have an alternating message for example on the jumbotron, players can kneel, wear a shirt with a message.

There are endless things they can think of to take advantage of their reach via fans & TV cameras - that do the same, plus so much more than now - but not during the anthem, and don't purposely go out there and display contempt for the country that blessed you to be right where you are.

I think with less alienating of fans, they may gain more support. Certainly less contempt towards themselves from fans. Perhaps less folks will either tune out, or talk of boycotting or never watching again.

--

If they were to make efforts to fix this, and stop kneeling during the anthem - but are allowed to do or show their support in another manner - would that make a difference to any of you?

And if too late, IF they did that from the beginning, would that maybe have prevented you from bailing?

That's why I posted the above video. The team did address the issues and what not, and showed unity - but didn't kneel for an anthem or do anything to piss folks off, or at least me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Granted the past few years have left a sour taste in our mouths. I cannot stand a single person kneeling - during the anthem. It's been made clear that half their fans or more see it as disrespect, even if they agree with change being needed.

They continue in a manner that pisses many off, and that IMO is the wrong approach, and said that from day one. If they had just had television ads, massive conferences of leading sports figures, folks from the black community & politicians - I would tune in myself. ANYTHING but disrespecting America. I can think of so so many ways that would be better - that would attract more, gain in a positive manner & not interfere with contracts and careers.

So let me ask you guys that are also ticked at the kneeling for the anthem, talk of millionaires being oppressed and/or how America hates them, even though they make millions, have millions of fans....

What if though...

They did as I said and had major events, but outside and off the field.

Or if they did do so in uniform, just not during the anthem. Perhaps 5-10 minutes prior, they can have an alternating message for example on the jumbotron, players can kneel, wear a shirt with a message.

There are endless things they can think of to take advantage of their reach via fans & TV cameras - that do the same, plus so much more than now - but not during the anthem, and don't purposely go out there and display contempt for the country that blessed you to be right where you are.

I think with less alienating of fans, they may gain more support. Certainly less contempt towards themselves from fans. Perhaps less folks will either tune out, or talk of boycotting or never watching again.

--

If they were to make efforts to fix this, and stop kneeling during the anthem - but are allowed to do or show their support in another manner - would that make a difference to any of you?

And if too late, IF they did that from the beginning, would that maybe have prevented you from bailing?

That's why I posted the above video. The team did address the issues and what not, and showed unity - but didn't kneel for an anthem or do anything to piss folks off, or at least me.
    Those that revealed their true colors would get no reprieve from me.
    For in my opinion they showed not only poor judgement but cowardice too.
    As many joined the bandwagon , abandoning what they believed and what this nation gave them--including the wealthy lavish lifestyle -as if
    the outrageous lies told by the dems, BLM and others were true and we whites are to blame for all the ills these assholes cry about.
    I myself grew up poor. I worked hard and dedicated myself to making my own way in this dark world-- I did not cry about it, demanding that somebody(government) give me free healthcare, free food, free housing, and a monthly check to boot!
    Key is I WORKED AND WORKED.
    These assholes crying-- many of them out there crying have lived off our tax dollars paid-(shelled out by dems buying their votes) their entire lives.
    FF-THEM.. AND THE DAMN HORSE THEY RODE IN ON.
    And these multi-million dollar paid athletes --ff them too..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

11. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I’ve always really liked Mike. And I appreciate how they are handling this.

The problem is they will be playing other teams who will most likely still behave poorly, IMO. Russ and I made the decision to not watch any sports this year. I will miss football, but I am taking a stand. Too much has been said and done for me to forget.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post