Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Oh no, my glasses!

I need regular glasses and more so my reading glasses. Broke my good glasses a LONG time back and been without since... and have a good pair of prescription readers.

And now just took my glasses off and the left arm done broke!! I thought maybe a screw came out because it was up near the left lens by the screws, but no luck, it snapped just after that.

And no, I wasn't even yanking them off. I guess just wear and tear of treating them like crap.

And no good spares. So now off to Walgreens and CVS to try on some temps. Problem is my eyes are a little different, so none will be as good. Bummer. Time to finally make that appointment I guess.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes aboutime liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quick and easy for now. Grabbed a pair of Foster Grant Ironman readers. At least these won't break! But all the damn readers seem to give off weird rainbow like colors at certain angles. The pairs that didn't have that sucked and were ugly. So it's these for now. Oh well.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Bout time Jim...

If it's any consolation to you. I've been wearing glasses since I turned 3. And they were so big, and heavy for a three year old...they pulled my ears out. Only good thing about them. I CAN SEE!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So yesterday I used a temp shitty pair for a little while, then got the foster grants... but man, I had a splitting headache by 11pm last night. Took all my medicines and crashed. Woke at 3am and it felt like my skull was going to break in half. And of course was above my eyes in the front. I get most of them in that area.

So I wasn't taking any chances today, made my appt... first tried glue which didn't work...

And now just call me a nerd!! Don't care, don't leave my room with these reading glasses and at least I can see! Without my reading glasses, anything in the first 3-4 feet in front of me is very difficult to read, gets all fuzzy. Used to have to move things out a few inches so I can read it. Now I put my arms out as far as possible and barely any luck unless huge fonts!

So now, for now...

7. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Let’s see you in your new specs!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Let’s see you in your new specs!
    Nothing new yet, gotta get a new test done and buy a few new pairs.

I had no idea what I was doing originally. I had 2 pairs of reading glasses originally as one pair drove me nuts, and then they broke too. Then my $650 pair of some Kawasaki brand out of Japan, they are very loose on me.

Worse is that the regular glasses are tri-focals and won't make that mistake again. Not even bifocals for me. Gonna try regular this time around, and then try something else if not. And this time, better frames all the way around! The expensive pair are extremely light, almost like paper thin arms. But that lightness feels uncomfortable for some reason. And I like full frame glasses. Gonna start cheap this time and work my way to what I like!

Here's the current nerd glasses - but also my best reading glasses.

And here you have the current nerd broken glasses, and the pair in front of them, one day the damn lens just fell right out!!

These are/were my nice tri-focals, which are as good as garbage to me now.

10. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I need regular glasses and more so my reading glasses. Broke my good glasses a LONG time back and been without since... and have a good pair of prescription readers.

And now just took my glasses off and the left arm done broke!! I thought maybe a screw came out because it was up near the left lens by the screws, but no luck, it snapped just after that.

And no, I wasn't even yanking them off. I guess just wear and tear of treating them like crap.

And no good spares. So now off to Walgreens and CVS to try on some temps. Problem is my eyes are a little different, so none will be as good. Bummer. Time to finally make that appointment I guess.
    The subliminal rainbow, huh?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So yesterday I used a temp shitty pair for a little while, then got the foster grants... but man, I had a splitting headache by 11pm last night. Took all my medicines and crashed. Woke at 3am and it felt like my skull was going to break in half. And of course was above my eyes in the front. I get most of them in that area.

So I wasn't taking any chances today, made my appt... first tried glue which didn't work...

And now just call me a nerd!! Don't care, don't leave my room with these reading glasses and at least I can see! Without my reading glasses, anything in the first 3-4 feet in front of me is very difficult to read, gets all fuzzy. Used to have to move things out a few inches so I can read it. Now I put my arms out as far as possible and barely any luck unless huge fonts!

So now, for now...

13. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default When I told you about wearing glasses...I left this out...to avoid the LAUGHS.

I think my dad took this before my 4th Birthday. Not sure though!

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

15. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

[QUOTE=jimnyc;968028]So yesterday I used a temp shitty pair for a little while, then got the foster grants... but man, I had a splitting headache by 11pm last night. Took all my medicines and crashed. Woke at 3am and it felt like my skull was going to break in half. And of course was above my eyes in the front. I get most of them in that area.

So now, for now...

[/QUOTE @jimnyc I missed this one. Is THAT "duct tape"?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I only wish I could look as handsome as that little gentleman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I missed this one. Is THAT "duct tape"?
    Well, got no flex tape, so hell yeah!! Think I was gonna use scotch tape? Damn crazy glue wouldn't hold, but I know duct tape fixes everything!!

And since they don't leave my room, who the hell cares.

I finally made an appt. for tuesday, so hopefully my sweet fix won't have to last long.

18. Likes Abbey Marie, Kathianne, aboutime liked this post